• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 3.30 System Software Update (3D, trophy sorting, taunting Dragona)

jsnepo

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

* Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
o Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
o Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
o Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/21/ps3-3-30-system-software-update/

I wish we can delete games from the list with 0% trophies.

EktorPR

Wish they'd have bundled these new trophy sorting options with the last update. As it is, I honestly couldn't care less.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Strike said:
Still no cross game chat. Anytime now, Sony.

Cross game chat? Pffft. The only thing I want is custom soundtracks for every game. Which is never gonna happen. Thanks for nothing, Sony :(

Maximus.

YAY trophy sorting!!!!!! Where the fuck is my group and cross game fucking chat goddamnit Sony its been forever get on that shit.

ZeroRay

Synless said:
I know all about that premium service, but at the rate its taking them to roll it out PS4 will be available.

People have seen it run on previous software versions + a Naughty Dog dev let it slip that it's coming a few months ago.

Cruzader

Banned
Game card needs a serious update. No point in showing picture of specific trophies, just copy XBX GC and show platinum'd games to brag or something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Combichristoffersen said:
Cross game chat? Pffft. The only thing I want is custom soundtracks for every game. Which is never gonna happen. Thanks for nothing, Sony :(

blame the lazy devs. Though I do with Sony would make it mandatory from here on out. You won't be seeing it in present games.

This update...meh

074344.jpg

ANOTHER USELESS UPDATE!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHh 500 pages incoming.

Anything to do with trophies is fine with me. Bring it on.

Can't believe some people out there are still hoping for new major features before E3.

Curufinwe

Jive Turkey said:
I'd love to get rid of my 0% Wipeout HD slot I got from the fucking DEMO.

Yeah, I bought Super Stardust HD partly because just getting the demo gave me the Trophy slot for the game and a big fat 0%.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why they didnt merge the trophy system update with the OtherOS killer update ?

I would looooooooove to see the OS team organization and feature roadmap.

jonabbey

Fersis said:
Why they didnt merge the trophy system update with the OtherOS killer update ?

I would looooooooove to see the OS team organization and feature roadmap.

It seems like the OS team occasionally talks to the Japanese media, but all we get in the west is the information-stripped press releases on the blogs. ;-/

Cruzader

Banned
Truespeed said:
They call this an update? These clowns are out of control.
You missed the "downgrade your PS3" update.

Pretty sad what Sony has done with PS3 updates. Seems like they dont give a rat's ass anymore.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Worthless update for people like me that don't care about trophy nonsense so I'll stick with the current firmware unless something awesome is discovered in it z_z

edit: Oh this ones mandatory to? I guess I will grab it then on the off chance I feel like playing segac racing online this weekend.

btw the blog is down lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
sweetvar26 said:
Is the update already up or will it be going live soon?
It's not up yet. It'll be up in around ~3 - 4 hours if its going live tonight.

skee

Neo Member
beast786 said:
Cant wait for 3D

Me either!

My Samsung HL61A750 is not compatible with this style of 3D, it uses a 3D method called 'checkerboard' style or something. I know that DLP models like mine and Mitsubishi use the same thing. Perhaps there will be a converter? My set is also not HDMI 1.4 Its so damn pretty though, I dont wanna have to upgrade already.

im still waiting for the ability to view a game's trophies and separate it's main trophies from the DLC trophies. they talked about this a long time ago but i've yet to play a game that let me sort them as such.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
im still waiting for the ability to view a game's trophies and separate it's main trophies from the DLC trophies. they talked about this a long time ago but i've yet to play a game that let me sort them as such.

hit square. Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain do this.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked

Prolly another feature (like custom soundtracks, screenshots, video recording) they leave up to developers to use or not lol.

alr1ghtstart said:
hit square. Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain do this.

it's on a game by game basis then right? i don't think i own any games that support the feature. it would be nice for games like fallout 3 or borderlands with their handfuls of DLC addons.

Massa

it's on a game by game basis then right? i don't think i own any games that support the feature. it would be nice for games like fallout 3 or borderlands with their handfuls of DLC addons.

It's a recent feature added to the SDK, only newer games will use it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The only thing i want:
Friends group (Like MSN)
Some sign that a game invite is actually a game invite and not a regular message.

Top Bottom