• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 ads (People having fun!)

i had a vision...too bad his head is too weird to implement in anyway...

here's the best (worst) i cud do:

jallard2.jpg

FightyF

Banned
kpop100 said:
more like slow month. can't wait til the good games start coming out

*LOL* I was thinking the exact opposite a half hour ago...there's too many games I have to go through at the moment!

Wow, this thread got awesome real fast!

Ploid 3.0

sphinx said:
On a serious question:

how many of us have been in a situation like in those pics: 4 players, in stand up position, moving the controller, laughing or screaming? I have but only with wii sports. The scenario portrayed in these pics is definitely a "only on wii" situation, to be honest.

I am sorry for sony :-(

Crash team racing. Standing up included with like maybe 1 sitting. PS2 I didn't have a multitap and not game that's sick in 4player like CTR1. Good times. Will probably do some standing up when I get two more controllers with calling all cars, and warhawk (maybe sitting down on warhawk). Stand up moments are for close game ending sprints or something usually. That, or there's no where to sit.

test_account

XP-39C²
Dice Man said:
They should try turning the console ON

Hehe, atleast they connected the wires. The best (or worse) is probly the picture on the NES Action set (possible on other NES boxes too):

HhFfuXRRA.jpg

- The NES is not turned on, yet its picture on the screen.

- The NES game is outside the NES (sure, another game could be inside, but why would a family back then own 2 copies of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. It wasnt even sold separately).

- It looks like the people are looking anywhere else than on the TV (except the kid in the yellow sweater, maybe the "father" too).

- Looks like there is some 2 player simulation action going on, but SMB1 is only 1 player at the same time.

- Looks like Mario is about to jump into the casm.

And yes, i still love my NES and think its the best console of all time :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Too late? :p

Count Dookkake said:
fixed

Anyhow, if these are real, they aren't the first example of Sony cribbing from Nintendo's advertising this gen.

Pistolero said:
The funny mascarade of Nintendo applied to the PS3...WTF ? Desperation indeed.

HAL_Laboratory said:
My God...

This is the most blatant ripoff I've ever seen.

PlayStation Tree said:
Yeah really. Let's not forget how strange the wii ads looked the first time we saw them. They were ground-breaking for the video game industry.

...And these are just blatent ripoffs.

Pokeylongo said:
It's like Sony's insinuating that the people in Nintendo's ads now prefer PS3.

Can't resist, but check these photos and the date on them..

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/imagelibrary/default.asp?SubjectID=1477

I guess they borrowed a time machine to rip off Wii here, right? :p 'Lifestyle ads', much like many other things, did not begin with Wii (nor PS2 for that matter) :)

Ploid 3.0

gofreak said:

I guess they borrowed a time machine to rip off Wii here, right? :p 'Lifestyle ads', much like many other things, did not begin with Wii (nor PS2 for that matter) :)

I was going to try to hunt down those psp ads (same contrast, heavenly light, everyone wearing, and using psp) but this pretty much shows a more accurate example of this style being used before wii ads.

gofreak said:

So a complete turnaround in marketing philosophy after seeing the numbers is just a coincidence, then? The same way Sony didn't "copy" the Wii by coming out with the sixaxis because motion sensing isn't "new".

Vagabundo

gofreak said:

Similar furnishings, but different style. The latest ads show dramatic action poses, very like the Wii ads.

They are still ripping off the Wii Ads and u know it.

Vagabundo said:
Similar furnishings, but different style. The latest ads show dramatic action poses, very like the Wii ads.

They are still ripping off the Wii Ads and u know it.

2000861928771298633_rs.jpg

Stop crying, it's just models playing videogames, Nintendo didn't invent everything.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
StevieP said:
Somebody needs to update this with "cheesy advertising":
Nintendo did not create analog sticks or force feedback.

The Platoon pic is my personal fave - I completely don't understand why I find that flashing-negative shit so funny.

Polari

Sony's been doing lifestyle marketing for years, just never quite so badly. If anything Nintendo were biting Sony with the original Wii ads rather than vice-versa with these ones.

Tobor

Who gives a crap who did what first? They are stupid ads either way.

And holy mother of god some of these photoshops are hilarious.

Top Bottom