• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

PS3 deal - $269 Dell FS (or cheaper with BCB and DPA)

MikeE21286

Member
Jun 15, 2007
23,767
0
1,110
Playstation 3 - 120 GB - $243 or $235 w/DPA - Free Ship - After Instant Rebate and Bing
Have seen a lot of people having trouble finding PS3s lately. Here's one, not to mention a great deal. (credit: slickdeals)

link

Dell Home has the Playstation 3 Slim 120GB Console for $269 (or $261 w/ DPA) with free shipping
If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3%, here is how:

During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
Click "Change Payment Type"
Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings

DPA = Dell Perferred Account
BCB = Bing Cashback
FS = Free Shipping
 

dallow_bg

nods at old men
May 8, 2007
28,694
4
0
Texas
www.dolefulorange.com
Terrordactyl said:
how do you use Bing? I searched their cashback stores and did not see Dell.com.
You need to simply search for a Dell term like "inspiron" or "dell ps3". Above your results you should see a sponsered link from Dell, just click the Bing Cashback link next to it.

Looks like it's harder to get the 10% now and 5% seems to be the norm. Still a deal.
About as good as anyone will find right now considering the shortage.
 

Terrordactyl

Member
Jan 5, 2009
6,522
0
0
Oregon
dallow_bg said:
You need to simply search for a Dell term like "inspiron" or "dell ps3". Above your results you should see a sponsered link from Dell, just click the Bing Cashback link next to it.

Looks like it's harder to get the 10% now and 5% seems to be the norm. Still a deal.
About as good as anyone will find right now considering the shortage.

Thanks a lot man, and thanks for the heads up Mike.
 

dolemite

Member
Oct 21, 2007
3,201
0
0
Deutschland
Don't expect the system sooner than in a month time though. That's how long it took them to ship me a Wii last year with no shortages.
 

UltimateIke

Member
Jun 18, 2008
5,262
0
770
I did everything and am at the checkout using a Dell account, but it isn't showing the Bing or Dell discount. What'd I do wrong? I haven't clicked to submit order yet.
 

Terrordactyl

Member
Jan 5, 2009
6,522
0
0
Oregon
UltimateIke said:
I did everything and am at the checkout using a Dell account, but it isn't showing the Bing or Dell discount. What'd I do wrong? I haven't clicked to submit order yet.

I'm pretty sure the bing discount doesn't show up in the order total.

Your subtotal should have a 30 dollar deduction for the ps3 and a 16 dollar deduction for shipping.
 

UltimateIke

Member
Jun 18, 2008
5,262
0
770
Terrordactyl said:
I'm pretty sure the bing discount doesn't show up in the order total.

Your subtotal should have a 30 dollar deduction for the ps3 and a 16 dollar deduction for shipping.
Okay. Does the DPA discount not show up either? Thanks!
 

Terrordactyl

Member
Jan 5, 2009
6,522
0
0
Oregon
UltimateIke said:
Okay. Does the DPA discount not show up either? Thanks!

I didn't apply for it personally, but I did notice it said discount will be applied at final checkout screen. So it should show up based on that.