• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 fanboy gets some stuff right; GAF astounded

jjasper

ManaByte said:
Because there's one thing in there that's real, and the rest is fanboy wishes.

There is confirmed info on one game that is correct (Resistance) and now the bundle, I will give you that VT3 is debatable.

RaijinFY

I'll do like I have never seen the Killzone part.

About LAIR, we will be able to check out soon, It's part of Sony's TGS list, right?

NinSoX said:
Pardon my ignorance but high resolution textures is not about higher capacity storage, but rather higher RAM...right?

It's a factor of things.

I would say in Oblivion's case it would be the lack of standard hard disk to store them.

X360 has to stream everything from DVD.

If the special editions do come for PS3 and PC then the textures will be stored on HDD.

ManaByte

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
i wouldnt doubt if this guy does work for sony, but his game impressions dont hold much weight for me... very subjective

If this guy worked for Sony then he'd know that all PS3 games are on BD as was announced at the Briefing in March, and he'd know the reason for that decision. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Wollan

BlizzyAzz said:
I see thanks for the link, I'm wondering cause e.g. The Darkness 360 version shall have better textures than the ps3 version but the ps3 got the better videos so disc capacity can't be the bottleneck for the textures.

They make great games and all(atleast one game) but their game isn't actually a technical marvel on either platform.

Onix said:
As far as the PS3 having worse texturing in this game, that has nothing to do with anything other than 1st generation coding. The PS3's memory is in two banks, so a little effort must be made to coordinate it properly. Expect some early titles to have this issue.

And that.

Brofist

funny how Mana dimissed the Wiki reply but glossed over this one :lol oops

Mmmkay said:
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728496/vids_1.html
int1xz2.jpg

int2qg5.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
Damn, this thread is moving fast. Even faster than downclockaton from yesterday!

I want to believe, but I can't! I can't get my hopes up again!

I call bullshit interspersed with smatterings of insider knowledge and obvious guesstimates!

Raistlin

BlizzyAzz said:
I see thanks for the link, I'm wondering cause e.g. The Darkness 360 version shall have better textures than the ps3 version but the ps3 got the better videos so disc capacity can't be the bottleneck for the textures.

That is a completely illogical assumption.

If they are able to fit all the textures on DVD-9 for this particular game, how does that magically imply no other game could use more?

As far as the PS3 having worse texturing in this game, that has nothing to do with anything other than 1st generation coding. The PS3's memory is in two banks, so a little effort must be made to coordinate it properly. Expect some early titles to have this issue.

Raistlin

kpop100 said:
funny how Mana dimissed the Wiki reply but glossed over this one :lol oops

I answered him in post #69 ... before any of this stuff was posted.

He 'glossed' over that as well :lol

Brofist

Onix said:
I answered him in post #69 ... before any of this stuff was posted.

He 'glossed' over that as well :lol

I had noticed it, but I was giving the benefit of the doubt that he may have missed a text post. But those nice big blue WMP screengrabs on the otherhand :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
ign said the visuals in the ps3 version was slightly better (not OMGHOLYSHIT better)... plus, this "insider" forgot to mention the 360 and ps3 versions are being developed by two separate teams, which could explain the graphical disparity.
but they did mention it..
Player's clothes now flowed realistically with their movements and the clipping errors we witnessed a few months ago are nowhere to be found. Sega also placed the PS3 version directly next to the Xbox 360 build allowing us to see the slight differences between the two. This was made more interesting by the fact that the two games are being developed by separate companies with AM2 working on the PS3 title and Sumo Digital developing the 360 version. Plainly put, the PS3 looked a little better with sharper textures and incredibly detailed player models. It was almost eerie when we noticed the veins sticking out in our character's forehead.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727917p1.html

Wollan

truffleshuffle83 said:
hopiefully it doesnt leave us in the dark like microsoft did with the 360 launch last year

You know alot already though. Price. Date. And it's pretty easy to see which games will be there as well. You know the online service will be there from day one.
Of course, alot of details are still missing but there should be enough info for you to make a decision.

Raistlin

kpop100 said:
I had noticed it, but I was giving the benefit of the doubt that he may have missed a text post. But those nice big blue WMP screengrabs on the otherhand :D

Yep, missing the screengrabs just ain't right.

I'm just saying ... you'd think he would have noticed at least one of them.

Zaptruder said:
Damn, this thread is moving fast. Even faster than downclockaton from yesterday!

I want to believe, but I can't! I can't get my hopes up again!

I call bullshit interspersed with smatterings of insider knowledge and obvious guesstimates!

I'm thinking this is likely. I want to believe, but I still can't shake the feeling that I first had when this post originally appeared: It's set up to disappoint people. I'm very close to going full rabid fanboy here though.

did the guy even name Virtua Tennis as the comparison game, or are you guys arguing over a possibly-dead-wrong assumption?

And again: The dude was wrong about PSP GPS.

sugarhigh4242 said:
did the guy even name Virtua Tennis as the comparison game, or are you guys arguing over a possibly-dead-wrong assumption?

And again: The dude was wrong about PSP GPS.
Why are you so sure about this?

Brofist

Well some of the stuff in that list is probably subjective for sure. I'm sure there will be a few Killzone 20 pagers in GAF's future that you can be sure of anyway.

unifin

Sounds like the guy's taken a bunch of credible information and given it a fanboy slant.

So in other words, Oblivion PS3 will look a bit better as it won't have to stream, but not OMGWTF360AMROSEBUDDED better.

Heavenly Sword will look great, but obviously not Advent Children quality. PS3 != a fricking render farm.

And... I highly doubt PSP is outselling DS and DS Lite by 1.2 million units.

Mau ®

unifin said:
Sounds like the guy's taken a bunch of credible information and given it a fanboy slant.

So in other words, Oblivion PS3 will look a bit better as it won't have to stream, but not OMGWTF360AMROSEBUDDED better.

Heavenly Sword will look great, but obviously not Advent Children quality. PS3 != a fricking render farm.

Yeah that too sounds fishy. Maybe they shipped 1.2 million more units, which goes well with Sony overshipping PSPs lately.

He should've commented on a possible PSP revision...

BlizzyAzz

Wollan said:
They make great games and all(atleast one game) but their game isn't actually a technical marvel on either platform.

And that.

Gotcha sounds understandable, still a bit curios how they want to make a ultra high res texture version of Oblivion tho, a PC would probably need more than a 1 gig of ram to run that. But with their real time ppe de-compression techniques it could be possible.

inthezone said:
Yeah that too sounds fishy. Maybe they shipped 1.2 million more units, which goes well with Sony overshipping PSPs lately.

He should've commented on a possible PSP revision...
The fact that he didn't mention this actually gives him more credibility in my eyes. It means he isn't just listing things people are talking about on forums.

unifin said:

Doesn't that cinch that it's an inside job??? Only Sony employees believe those numbers :D

xaosslug

what's most shocking to me is that at least one NeoGAF insider by now hasn't come into the thread and argued the Scrivener's claims, or at the very least, posted a mysterious ":lol" or ":)" or ":D" to fan the flames... hmm.

dare I... BELIEVE?!?! ::bites knuckle::

unifin said:

Got to be shipped at most.

Essentially take away the fanboy slant and you basically get these games will improve visually, this version will look better than this version of course hyperboled a wee bit. Now, some of the other stuff is really really specific technical info though and that's what's really the nitty gritty.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
xaosslug said:
what's most shocking to me is that at least one NeoGAF insider by now hasn't come into the thread and argued the Scrivener's claims, or at the very least, posted a mysterious ":lol" or ":)" or ":D" to fan the flames... hmm.

I'm registered to genmay, I'd be happy to post a list of questions you guys have to see if he replies back.

MAKE A LIST!

Raistlin

xaosslug said:

That's a very good point BTW.

One has to wonder if much of this info is a bit too-close-for-comfort for the NDA crowd?

I'm trying to keep a level head about this ... but it certainly is interesting.

Mau ®

Bad_Boy said:
I'm registered to genmay, I'd be happy to post a list of questions you guys have to see if he replies back.

MAKE A LIST!

Oblivion PS3. When is it gonna come out? Q1 2007? Announcement soon?

THX

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
unifin said:

It's probably true if you take PSP NA's shipped totals (with the shitload unsold in retail channels) and compare it to DS/DS Lite's sold through numbers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Top Bottom