• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.93 is up

Tiduz

Eurogaime
The Demo's the last 2 weeks were acting weird for me when downloading.
Getting stuck at certain %, maybe this will fix it (HOPEFULLY).

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
Yeah, all the PSP update says is:

A correction has been made to the settings for some reasons.

Kinda vague if you ask me.

Flo_Evans

zoku88 said:
Ugh, mine stops at 4% >_<. Never fails
to not work...

try restarting your PS3. I was watching a bluray and when I was done tried to DL it. stoped at 4%.... reboot and it seems to be going swimmingly now.

Oneself

Great! If your download is stuck at 4% or something, just turn off your PS3 and turn it back on again. It works.

Super special life saving thanks go to Flo Evans just above me.

Flo_Evans

I wonder if some unlucky SOB has to go and manually update all those warhawk PS3 racks :lol

Also wonder if this will fix the stat server.... is that even on a PS3?

Dizzan

MINI Member
This could take a while.....

I went over my dl limit (18GB peak, 7gb off peak)

I've been capped at 128k.

h3ro

I don't understand why people complain so much about these updates. I believe the joyst*k guys spent ten minutes of their last podcast complaining about how they have to update their ps3s so much. Just put it on and let it update itself, its not like you have to actively put in some button combo or something, once it finishes dling, just finish the install.

I don't mind these updates, because they've improved a lot of the features so far. however, I do wish they did a better job explaining of what exactly each update is doing.

carlos

Why do I complain...hmmm...maybe because the download has failed at 4% five times now, even after turning off the ps3/router

oh, and the download failed because of the same network error that the new firmware is supposed to fix....how's that for irony

meanwhile, they haven't updated the web page, so I cant download it and then install it from usb

so now I'm stuck with a useless ps3 that can't connect, so I cant get my warhawk fix tonight :(

fernoca

Considering my slow-ass connection, I guess I'll wait for tomorrow when the update is online at the site, to download it from there and then upload it thorugh USB.

h3ro

carlos said:
Why do I complain...hmmm...maybe because the download has failed at 4% five times now, even after turning off the ps3/router

oh, and the download failed because of the same network error that the new firmware is supposed to fix....how's that for irony

meanwhile, they haven't updated the web page, so I cant download it and then install it from usb

so now I'm stuck with a useless ps3 that can't connect, so I cant get my warhawk fix tonight :(

Sorry man, i wasn't directing it at people who are having a technical problem itself, that should be fixed by Sony, absolutely.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get my fix of warhawk.

Pachinko

so at what point does sony start using the thousandth decimal place with firmware updates to allow for problems such as this? I'm thinking they want 2.0 to represent home correct ? so it'll have to be a flawless and well tested firmware update that'll be the 2008 template for the ps3.

I'll just patch mine tommorow night instead of wasting my night dicking around with it for now. Hopefully sony adds another feature in 2.0- the ability to have firmware auto download so long as ethernet is plugged in with an added "half sleep" mode like the 360's low power download setting. What would happen is you'd leave the system in that mode and it'd have a very simple detection program which would run the barest of nessecities required to download patches and when you actually turn the system on , it'd be like windows and just say you have a firmware update ready to install and all you need to do is spend a couple minutes installing it.

Jtrizzy

mines going fine after turning it off and back on. Debating on whether to get the Motorstorm DLC...I thought I read that the new track is just Coyote's revenge backwards.

I hope we don't install it to find that we need now 1.94 to fix some bugs introduced by 1.93 :D I think i'll wait for someone's feedback before i download and install it (now i have 1.90) :lol

Jtrizzy

peterfalkphotographc12150042aq3-1.jpg
wannyavatar.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Leo the 3rd said:
Yeah, all the PSP update says is:

A correction has been made to the settings for some reasons.

Kinda vague if you ask me.

They just removed the PlayStation Spot thing.

Stink

Jtrizzy said:
mines going fine after turning it off and back on. Debating on whether to get the Motorstorm DLC...I thought I read that the new track is just Coyote's revenge backwards.

It isn't, there's a bunch of ramps and things added. It's not a huge update, but it's a nice enough little track.

Stink

h3ro said:
I don't understand why people complain so much about these updates. I believe the joyst*k guys spent ten minutes of their last podcast complaining about how they have to update their ps3s so much. Just put it on and let it update itself, its not like you have to actively put in some button combo or something, once it finishes dling, just finish the install.

Yeah, really. They'll then moan that there's no games or some such bullshit. So which one is it? No games or no time to even grab this update?

The sooner that Sony allow this to be done in the background the better, at least some of the complaints would stop.

Seriously damn you people who are getting this done in 5-10 minutes. Mine is going slowwwwww and I already tried restarted my PS3.

10 minute job :D.

Though, for me this was totally unnecessary. I don't have a PSP nor did I have any connection errors at all with wireless.

Kittonwy

Banned
I started dling, then I went to sleep, and when I woke up it's already done, and then I played some Heavenly Sword rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
TTP said:
They just removed the PlayStation Spot thing.

I do not understand what Sony said, how the 3.71 update addressed the request of PSP fans on the SCEA blog...

Maybe, seeing the PS Spot icon freaked people out too much...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Panajev2001a said:
I do not understand what Sony said, how the 3.71 update addressed the request of PSP fans on the SCEA blog...

They were probably referring to the additions introduced with the 3.70 but they mentioned the 3.71 since it was just around the corner.

I think the PS Spot icon was supposed to show up only on the Japanese PSP models. They fixed it with 3.71.

Top Bottom