• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3: list problems with your system here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if there´s already a thread like this, if so, sorry.

Anyway... any console launch has its problems, right ? And I mean, problems with the system. If you´re a PS3 owner and something strange happened/is happening with it please post it here, let us know :)

Gattsu25

Banned
When I turned on my PS3 and popped in Resistance, I got a red screen and a Disc Read Error the first two times. It was when the PS3 started dancing and singing "Hello, My Darling" that I realized I was just dreaming.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
SO you actually do not have a problem, but your starting a thread in hopes of what? Becoming a famous thread poster? Here is a novel idea why don't we wait and if someone actually has a problem let them post it.

I really hate these setup threads...

System seems solid. Do we need a thread when very few problems have been reported. In terms of dead consoles, only one report so far on GAF that I`ve seen.

ChrisAllenFiz said:
System seems solid. Do we need a thread when very few problems have been reported. In terms of dead consoles, only one report so far on GAF that I`ve seen.

Woah, I didn´t see this. I didn´t even know there was a dead console already o_O

Graphics Horse said:
Switched off during firmware update apparently... I must remember to buy a backup generator before a PS3

<pc builder> NOoooooooooooooooooOooOOooo </pc builder>

like the power went off?

ugh firmware updates are like 10 seconds of nail biting hysteria

Spike

vissione said:
Haven't you heard? The PS3 is perfect. :D (except that it doesn't upscale or downscale games)

And that it doesn't have 100% backcompat, and doesn't work properly with some HDTV's...

ZombieSupaStar said:
<pc builder> NOoooooooooooooooooOooOOooo </pc builder>

like the power went off?

ugh firmware updates are like 10 seconds of nail biting hysteria

Not sure, It was in another thread, but I think it came from a different forum, so I don't know how much information was legit. I heard the screen went blank for a while so they switched the power off, or something like that.

edit: I don't know too much about firmware updates, but I don't think it should be made possible for the average console buyer to screw them up... why can't they have an unwritable section which restores the old firmware if it didn't finish updating?

at least kettles don't need firmware updates.
yet.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Spike said:
And that it doesn't have 100% backcompat, and doesn't work properly with some HDTV's...
It has like 95% backwards compatibility and works fine with the majority of HDTVs that aren't old/low-end CRTs.

Norse

dark10x said:
It has like 95% backwards compatibility and works fine with the majority of HDTVs that aren't old/low-end CRTs.

I wouldnt call a panasonic tau series tv a low-end crt.....if the ps3 cant output to 720p on a tv, it should then try 1080i...not 480p for heavens sake....but then again, they did ship composite cables with every ps3 so maybe they like low res gaming.

Dracos

Only thing so far, aside from the bluray PQ softness, when I put in Kingdom of Heaven, I got like 3 seconds of loud static in the speakers, then the movie started.

pr0cs

considering how few units there are out in the wild now (I don't consider ebay items sold yet) this thread seems rather premature.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
pr0cs said:
considering how few units there are out in the wild now (I don't consider ebay items sold yet) this thread seems rather premature.

Agreed, use DCharlies issues thread if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom