• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 NBA 2K7 screens

DMczaf

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/815/815873/imgs_1.html

nba-2k7-20060915111210638.jpg
nba-2k7-20060915111209341.jpg

shpankey

not an idiot
damnit, one pic too close, one too far away. :lol

looks fairly good though. almost as good as 360 to me, but that's to be expected i suppose [probably still early].

p.s. that court [and hanging banners in the rafters] really looks like it [they] could use some serious AF. ya, I went there! ;) :D

Zep

Banned
2ksports said in a Gamespot interview (Wed) that they're gonna clean up some animations and use the "tilt" control of the Ps3.

mood

Screenshots of either version of the game dont really show how great the game actually looks in motion. Crowd and sidelines included.

Looks like it just isn't employing a DOF effect yet. Other than that, it looks the same apart from what looks like different light intensity in these shots.

edit: smaller mid-late August X360 shots:
nba2k7_081806_4.jpg

nba2k7_081806_3.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
GhaleonEB said:
It continues to amuse me that people are surprised to find multi-platform games looking similar between the two systems.
well virtua tennis 3 and fight night round 3 would say otherwise...

this is a joke. please dont hurt me :p

Dante

It continues to amuse me that people are surprised to find multi-platform games looking similar between the two systems.

Fight Night is getting a slight upgrade accordng to the developer.

GhaleonEB said:

Well, they were expecting even multi-platform titles to look "200$ more and one year later" better than the X360 version.

goldenpp72

Yeah and fight night 3 is coming out how long after the 360 version? I dont imagine nba2k will have the time gap to make any real improvements.

EekTheKat

Have to see this in motion first to make a judgement on quality. NBA 2k7 is more about all the new animations for the most part.

As a side note, NBA 2k7 360 at 720p is a fairly jagged experience for me (on a 24" PC LCD). If the PS3 looks exactly like the 360 version but with better AA and or AF then they've got a winner there.

shpankey

not an idiot
PhoenixDark said:
What the hell is wrong with his hands? No wonder he can't shoot free throws:lol
Aux contraire! Have you played the demo? This mutha trucka never misses them!

vantastic

johnjohnson said:
Well, they were expecting even multi-platform titles to look "200$ more and one year later" better than the X360 version.
people who expect a "$200 difference" are either trolls or idiots. i guess you could put them in the same category. :lol

Takuan

360 shots look better, although this is probably a rush job. There is absolutely no reason for Sony to force the incorporation of tilt controls for a basketball game, and there is no way in hell a tilt feature will yield positive results.

360 superior? Seems so.

crunker99

anyone who expects yearly sports franchise games and the like to look differnnt enough form the ps3 to xbox360 to be able to say "wow that's light years better/worse" is someone i truly feel sorry for

games like yearly sports title will be near identical on both consoles from 2k7 to 3k7

the ps3 will get hashed out before release

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Dante said:
Fight Night is getting a slight upgrade accordng to the developer.

If you'd actually think before you post stuff like this, you'd remember the months of time difference between both versions of Fight Night 3 and both versions of NBA 2K7... damn

Looking at your post history, you're still living in this dillusionary world where the PS3 is 2x powerful than the 360 - when reality finally sinks in, it's going to hurt alot of you real bad...

Keep waiting for that $200/1 year graphical difference...

szaromir

Banned
How in the hell PS3 version could have better graphics than 360 when their GPUs are about the same in terms of power?

Shinobi

Ninja Scooter said:
are we talking about NBA 2k7 or the 2006 NBA Finals?

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Skilotonn said:
If you'd actually think before you post stuff like this, you'd remember the months of time difference between both versions of Fight Night 3 and both versions of NBA 2K7... damn

Looking at your post history, you're still living in this dillusionary world where the PS3 is 2x powerful than the 360 - when reality finally sinks in, it's going to hurt alot of you real bad...

Keep waiting for that $200/1 year graphical difference...

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hahahaha - the parts you circled are the heels of his shoes, silly!

You know how ginormous Shaq's feet are!

qcf x2

Looks similair, who cares, that's fine. Means those diehard Sony campers will get to experience the best basketball game, too. Nothin' wrong with that.

Of course if recent history is any suggestion, they'll all purchase Live in drones.

Looks similair, who cares, that's fine. Means those diehard Sony campers will get to experience the best basketball game, too. Nothin' wrong with that.

No, you dont understand! Downgrade total, lamestation 600 dolars dissapoitmenton
(I can't handle this shit anymore, i think i must quit gaf for a while)

Top Bottom