• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 NYC Launch Party a go (Ludacris, D-Nice, Charlie Murphy, PS3s) - RSVPs open

Jim

Didn't see it posted.

RSVPs now open!

Only 400 to be admitted. Open to the public, RSVP required.
PS3s available for purchase.
Ludacris, D-Nice, Charlie Murphy handling the entertainment.

Rud13inJapan said:
I wonder if Paris Hilton will be there?

She's one of those celebs that has one of those Playstation Cards that allows them to call a number on the back and receive any Sony related product they want.

Unison

Yeah, I RSVP'ed too... I have work that day, so I can't really get there before 6 or so... I wonder if that is early enough.

I just registered and realized that I don't really want to go to this. Having to wait 3 hours listening to Ludacris and some lame comedian to buy a $600 console that only has 2 launch games I want to play? Damnit.

Unison

whatdidyousay said:
I just registered and realized that I don't really want to go to this. Having to wait 3 hours listening to Ludacris and some lame comedian to buy a $600 console that only has 2 launch games I want to play? Damnit.

Well, for what it's worth plenty of people will be in your shoes and not show up. At the PS3 preview event I went to last week, about 75 of the 200 people who RSVPed seemed to show up.

Unison said:
Well, for what it's worth plenty of people will be in your shoes and not show up. At the PS3 preview event I went to last week, about 75 of the 200 people who RSVPed seemed to show up.

I don't know, I think more people would actually show up to this because you can buy the console at this event. I work on Thursday, so the earliest I could there would be 6:30 PM, and there would probably be 400 people there already.

btf1980

So if they are allowing 400 people....does it mean that they will have at least 400 PS3's as well? I hope they have mostly 60gig versions. Someone tell me please!!!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wish I could go, but I'm no where near that location. :(

I wonder if we will hear "PS3" in ludacris's lyrics after the ps3 launches (sorta like snoop and the ps2, gran turismo 3 anyone?), he seems to be going to a bunch of the sony events lol.

Charlie is one funny guy, makes me wish I could go even more.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Damn, looks like registering doesn't guarantee you a spot on entry. I wouldn't mind seeing Luda, or Charlie Murphy... but what I'd really want to go for is to get my hands on a PS3 as hassle-free as possible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I could potentially go, but there's no reason to want to go. Since I already have my PS3 preordered and paid off, I'd actually miss being able to pick up my PS3 because I'd be at a PS3 party.

Jim

btf1980 said:
So if they are allowing 400 people....does it mean that they will have at least 400 PS3's as well? I hope they have mostly 60gig versions. Someone tell me please!!!

From what I've heard, there will be enough PS3s to purchase to go around, for anyone who gets in. If not, they better have some damn good security.

I'm in the area, and I can't go :(

btf1980

Jim said:
From what I've heard, there will be enough PS3s to purchase to go around, for anyone who gets in. If not, they better have some damn good security.

I'm in the area, and I can't go :(

Thanks man.

Unison

I just checked something... You guys better get there WAY early if you want to get in.

This has been open for a few hours now, but the message still reads:

Event Registration Choice #1. Remaining inventory for this event registration choice is 4022 unit(s). Therefore, you may only register for 4022 unit(s) or less at this time.

:lol

That's a lot of potentially disappointed people. You're probably better off going to a Target or something. The people they DO let in will be all gross and unshaven after having sat on the street all day. Some party.

btf1980

Unison said:
Event Registration Choice #1. Remaining inventory for this event registration choice is 4022 unit(s). Therefore, you may only register for 4022 unit(s) or less at this time.

Where do you see this?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
What they couldn't spring for Eddie?
:lol Funny how charlie has taken his brother's spotlight a little, but well deserved though, I think hes pretty funny. And eddie hasnt been that funny to me for a few years now.

Pimpwerx

Registered. I get off work earlier than most. :D Of course, some people might be there all day. I'm probably gonna skip my class for the 5th time this semester. I have a take-home midterm that day too. :( Oh well, if this gets me a PS3, it'll be worth it. At least it won't be like I'm just sitting with a bunch of nerds in line, it'll be a party beforehand. God, I'm a nerd. PEACE.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If you RSVP on this form are you guaranteed a ticket?

edit - oh, I see it doesn't..first 400 in line. I've registered my brother and his wife in case he wants to go..if they could pick up two PS3s, I don't know what I'd do about my Playasia order! :/ I don't know what his odds would be of getting into the party though..

I'll be there with a friend, at least they let you in at 9 so less time waiting in the cold as opposed to union square.
2nd PS3 for me.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Registered, but the chances of actually being one of the 400? Not likely, methinks. :/

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I walked by earlier tonight, and no one was lined up yet, but there was a designated area where the line should start.
If they actually get 400 PS3's this could be peoples best bet.

john tv

xaosslug said:
were you able to secure a PS3? I think I read that they had enough in supply to accommodate all in attendance.
I was there as press, we weren't allowed to buy them. (I already have one though, so I wasn't looking to buy one anyway.)

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't get off of work to attend. I would have went just to hang out.

johntv, your in NYC? Are u going to be around much longer for Wii this weekend?

rc213

The Faceless Master said:
so did they really have enough to handle everyone that wanted one?

Posted on CAG:

just got back from there.. waited 32 hours in line.. finally got one..

anyways, 400 units were given to those who came first, but there was alot of confusion, etc... after many rumors, some woman came up to us and agreed to give us ALL THAT WAS IN THE LINE PS3's, guaranteed. this was more than 400 units, aparently they've got a few hundred, im guessing about 500 units extra for official launch day, which is friday (not thursday 12am). So if you dont have one yet, you might want to head over there, and see. by far the most units in NYC. im glad i came to this store instead. YMMV

All Hail C-Webb

john tv said:
I was there as press, we weren't allowed to buy them. (I already have one though, so I wasn't looking to buy one anyway.)

I had planned on going, but when I went to check the line at 7:00 PM on Wednesday it was all the way up to 5th Avenue (400 people). I expected to only have to line up a few hours in advance, as I I assumed that they would have enough consoles for everyone. Those are some hard-core mother****ers. Barring some luck online, I'm not going to be able to fulfill my dream of having a PS3 in every room in my apartment. So far I have enough to cover my living room, entertainment room, bedroom, and bathroom + 1 birthday present, but I'm missing one for my kitchen. I was so close.

john tv

Err, there were still a few hundred people waiting in line for the "normal" opening at 7am. You'll still be waiting in a long line...

All Hail C-Webb

Mejilan said:
Wait a tic. There's a chance that if I leave now, I can still get a system!?

:( I don't know. I drove to the store (Manhattan at night is actually a nice drive), and there were what seemed to be 150 people in a fenced off area. I asked a guard what was up and he said that no one else could line up, that this was the last "group." I don't know exactly what that means and he wouldn't elaborate. I'm going to head back there around 8:00 to see if anything has changed.
If the trip isn't that long, you can PM me your number and I'll text you with what I find.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
All Hail C-Webb said:
:( I don't know. I drove to the store (Manhattan at night is actually a nice drive), and there were what seemed to be 150 people in a fenced off area. I asked a guard what was up and he said that no one else could line up, that this was the last "group." I don't know exactly what that means and he wouldn't elaborate. I'm going to head back there around 8:00 to see if anything has changed.
If the trip isn't that long, you can PM me your number and I'll text you with what I find.

Thank you. Please let me know!

Edit - Wait, 8am? Didn't John say that they reopen at 7am tomorrow?

Top Bottom