• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some (UK version) SingStar covers. If anyone wants, I can also create Abba, Queen or Take That ones.

Sorry the tracklists aren't in perfect order, I just copied and pasted from the Singstar site :p lol

I removed the tag from my covers anyway. I'll let someone with some talent make one if they want :p

Also, seen some typos in the SingStar ones, and some undeleted whiteness in the Disgaea 3 covers. I really ought to double check them before I post :lol I'll fix those tomorrow. Maybe.

Veritigo_X said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 is done. I decided to go with the limited edition artwork since I thought it looked better than the zoom in on Snake's face.

Click for full size

Oh, and it looks like Sony is using new icons for the back cover so I'll start using those from now on.
This is gorgeous. Can you re-upload the high res file?

RedSwirl

Android18a said:
I made a "special" edition box art for FFXIII.

x22t1w.jpg

I want to make a series of these type of boxes without the bars, just the top logos and icons. Give it a semi GAF-collection style.

If anyone uses it, please take a photo :)

Forgive me for being stupid but where can I get that in high res?

U2NUMB said:
I really liked the full art versions in this thread so I put some together here. Hope someone can find a use for them.

Fear 2 - High Res

Red Faction - High Res

Dead Space - High Res

Bad Company 2 - High Res

Dirt 2 - High Res

Bad Company - High Res

Rogue Warrior - High Res

It'd be great if these were made for games I actually own on PS3 like:

GTA IV
Bayonetta
LittleBigPlanet
Fight Night
Top Spin 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Resident Evil 5
Super Street Fighter 4
Heavy Rain
Mirror's Edge
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Soul Calibur IV

Mithos

RedSwirl said:
It'd be great if these were made for games I actually own on PS3 like:

Mirror's Edge

UPDATE:
Something like this? (High-Res "3225x1752" if you click on picture)

U2NUMB

Android18a said:
Here's some (UK version) SingStar covers.

l

Very nice.. I am not a singstar far but I can imagine how awesome those covers look next to eachother on the shelf.

Also Mithos.. load up that HD version.. love your Mirrors Edge!

A request....
:D

Resident Evil 5 Normal edition... with black border along the top rather than super-minimal... please!

If i could get this all my game would look the same... which would make me SUPER HAPPY.

Some really nice covers here. I am looking for cover for my umm.. Netflix disc. It's really bug me that the disc just sit in the sleeve.

Musiol

Hi, I need custom PoP: TFS cover, so I decided to make 2 covers, I used official concept art, hope that someone could use it or like it :)

Do you guys know if say Office Depot would print these with the appropriate material or would I need to find a more specific printing location?

Nizz

brandonh83 said:
Do you guys know if say Office Depot would print these with the appropriate material or would I need to find a more specific printing location?
I'd like to know too. I've given up on trying to print these myself. :(

And also what kind of material to use. I'm sure it's been covered in the thread... somewhere... but I'm lazy.

The only cover I haven't seen anyone tackle that I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE is Silent Hill Homecoming. I'm good enough on Photoshop but I don't think I could do one of these at this quality.

Musiol

Another two takes, SW: TFU and Lair. I know that Lair logo is kinda fucked up, if someone have this logo in higher resolution, png or psd format I will be grateful.

Please repost or relink the Dirt 2 cover! :D

I wish this thread were more active, or..I wish I could actually do this crap on my own! :lol

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
Alright, I finished updating the covers I've posted with the correct template. I already went through and updated all my original posts with the updated covers, but I'll post the links to them here too:

Assassin's Creed
Call of Duty 4
Demon's Souls
Folklore
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
Motorstorm
Resident Evil 5
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Rock Band
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2 w/ Japanese Cover
Unreal Tournament 3
Warhawk
Found out all these links are dead. :( My brother has a Canon- MX340. I was wondering if someone here had the same printer and could give me the same settings. For the life of me I couldn't get the size right. We need to get more ink for the printer and photo paper.

Unfortunately, these links are dead. A shame because these links had some good work. I love the original artwork, just with the new PS3 logo.

I would be so... eternally grateful... if someone could do one for Silent Hill Homecoming. Even if it's just taking the original and putting the new design on it. All my PS3 games now have the stripe except that one.

Dante23

Android18a said:
I made a "special" edition box art for FFXIII.

x22t1w.jpg

I want to make a series of these type of boxes without the bars, just the top logos and icons. Give it a semi GAF-collection style.

If anyone uses it, please take a photo :)

RedSwirl said:
Forgive me for being stupid but where can I get that in high res?

I want that too, so I'll re-voice RedSwirl's statement.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd rather have the old Peter Parker logo and design than the new one. :/

Nizz

I'm still bummed that the links Veritigo _X posted are dead. :( If only someone else could carry the torch. :lol

The new covers stick out like sore thumbs compared to the rest. I really like the new logo, but there's at least 11-12 games in my collection with the old style logo. All I would want is the same original artwork, just with the new PS3 logo/border so all the games would blend in nicely.

yencid

I really liked these two images from the official KZ3 site so i tried my hand at this :D
I have to find high quality images of the pictures though, stretching them made them look blury, here is what they are supposed to look like.

9ugkzl.jpg

PqO7Sl.jpg

without the GG logo
GQxyOl.jpg

RedSwirl

Anybody know a good source for super hi-res game art?

I'd need to find it for the following games:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Fight Night Round 3
FF13
GT5 Prologue
GTA IV
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
MGS4
Mirror's Edge
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Resident Evil 5
Soul Calibur IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Top Spin 3
Uncharted 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish
Yakuza 3

yencid

RedSwirl said:
That looks nice when spread out, but when actually folded you'd just see a dude's arm on the front.
well it has 3 helgast so regardless you would still see at least one.

but yeah i get what you are saying :lol

tehfryguy said:
I've been looking all over the internet for a better Ps3 lords of shadow cover but alas...there aren't any.. well except for this AMAZING one that actually has harmony of dissonance's woman on the cover..

I wish I could recreate this cover but in higher res..

http://ps3maven.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Castlevania-Lords-Of-Shadow-Game-1.jpg

Holy shit, what a gorgeous cover. I bought the CE of LoS really because the standard editions cover is so fucking ugly.

nib95

Banned
ANyone gonna do new Killzone 3 covers or re-post high res one's from above? My KZ3 copy is promo so didn't come with a case beyond a mini DVD jewel one, so it's be nice to stick it in a real case. That's if I don't end up buying the steel edition anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom