• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright here's two more of the minimal style box arts. One for PSP and Wii.

PSP:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vcx8z4e75d41zb7
rO5uel.jpg

Wii:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hj12u2i6ftetzp7
pCTPMl.jpg

And because I wanted to try a Wii boxart here's Xenoblade. :p

Xenoblade:

http://www.mediafire.com/?80a9v7bnidyt5ry
VNiXGl.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
^ that's sweet.

Has there been an RDR or Hot Shots Golf yet?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Amazing how forum posters can create box set that looks 100% better than idiots at publishers. Bravo guys.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Kintaro said:
Amazing how forum posters can create box set that looks 100% better than idiots at publishers. Bravo guys.
Tell me about it..

They are too lazy, they need to use their internal source material more often like artworks.

Evolved1

Kintaro said:

Well to be fair this is about aesthetics and not sales... it's also using the devs/publisher's artwork most of the time.

SamuraiX-

Evolved1 said:
Well to be fair this is about aesthetics and not sales... it's also using the devs/publisher's artwork most of the time.

You're telling they did this in an attempt to boost sales?
zvv0v.jpg

Still can't believe they released the game with this atrocity of a box art. Thank good God it's hidden from my eyes within my LE box set. :D

Evolved1

SamuraiX- said:
You're telling they did this in an attempt to boost sales?
zvv0v.jpg

Still can't believe they released the game with this atrocity of a box art. Thank good God it's hidden from my eyes within my LE box set. :D

There are a lot of bad covers out there because someone thought it would move units off the shelf. I can't personally say why anyone thought that MGS4 cover was the way to go, but you can be assured it was because they thought it'd sell copies.

Evolved1

brandonh83 said:
I mean nothing sells more than the face of an old man

I'm not justifying the use of that image... I'm just saying. They put a lot of thought and money into packaging.

Calcaneus

Kintaro said:
Games and Dvds don't have those crappy box arts because they think it looks good. They have put as much recognizable or eyecatching stuff so that people will take a look. Thats why there are so many "floating heads" dvd covers, they wanna cram as much shit on that box as they can.

The work in this thread is amazing, and game companies should feel terrible paying people to put out the stuff they do. Not only are the covers in here more eye catching with their more simple/elegant designs, they're just prettier to look at period. Amazing work to all involved.

EDIT: BTW, any minimalist MGS4 ones floating around or am I blind?

Nutter

Could someone please provide me a minimal Xbox 360 template, preferably not .psd (dont have access to Photoshop)

Penguin nerd said:
Okay so I tried my hand at doing a Xbox 360 minimal cover template. The Xbox logo itself seemed a little difficult to see when adding artwork to it though so I added a tiny bit of layer style to help it stand out a bit more but not too much. I think it turned out okay. Here's the template:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tec6g1pwfr0rlra

a34de337080ed5d44067fb5bdc0a9cce1e158e69c2c6222d85a2d5d578d8b0282g.jpg

And I tried out a Dead Space 2 cover to see how it'll look with actual game art in there. What do you guys think?

This is awesome, though I would put the Xbox Live text same place where the Playstation network text is being put on the PS3 covers.

Mithos

Net_Wrecker said:
EDIT: BTW, any minimalist MGS4 ones floating around or am I blind?

Yeah sure, I made one a while back just never put it up here. So here it is now.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - ver.1

Metal Gear Solid 4 - ver.2

Okay never printed a cover before... how do I make sure it's the right size? And do you use normal white paper or some special stuff?

Andrefpvs

Andrefpvs said:
I have a request, by the way :(

I have a promotional copy of UFC Undisputed 2009 (came in a CD jewel case), but it appears that there's not a good quality cover out there for this game for me to print. This game is the black sheep in my shelf collection...

May anyone here please make a cover for me?

My only request if I may be this bold is that the cover sports the PS3 black stripe template instead of the transparent one. Also, my game is PAL, so no Region 1 thingie on it, please :)

Thanks in advance!

This is going to be a toughie, isn't it? :(

I can't find any hi-res pictures for this game. So I moved on to real-life UFC pictures, but I can't seem to find suitable ones.

Anyone can help?

SamuraiX-

Penguin nerd said:
Wanted to do two covers for the Team ICO Collection. Here's the ICO boxart:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dj75vkp95tukeyj
http://i.imgur.com/y2Dwql.jpg[IMG]

Used that super awesome ICO Painting from way back in the hi res artwork thread. Always loved that piece.

Going to do one for Shadow of the Colossus later today but I need sleep first.[/QUOTE]

[B][I]WOW[/I][/B]

Great choice for a template, man. Looks amazing.

This is hella anal but would it be possible to get Rengoku's Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 cover with that "Globe 1" serial number logo on the spine?

Just for the sake of consistency for covers in our collections...

Rengoku

Mithos said:
Sorry if Rengoku wanted to do it himself, but I was bored.

Thanks! had a pretty busy day today, and will be a busy weekend for me, so I might not be posting much, besides seems alot of other folks are helping out with requests! :)

zazrx said:
Love what you did with the MGS4 one Mithos!

Yakuza
Bayonetta
Vanquish

Very nice!

LogicStep

Rengoku, you're a gentleman and a scholar, thanks for the layout! Updated my previous ones with the 3d look. Here's the one from the previous page in the 3d look.

nfshpps3bvflh.png

Canova

Banned
Printed 25. Used 10 of them. The other 15 I still dont have the games for. Will take picture tomorrow in the daylight.

here's some advise for the cover makers; Think about the composition of the image when the cover is folded. For example the composition may look fine when spread out, but look off when folded. Examples: Darksiders and Dante's Inferno covers.

Also, don't make them too dark

Overall I'm very satisfied, I'm going to replace as many covers as possible from my collection

Evolved1

Is there any way we can better organize this awesome thread? Maybe create a google docs spread sheet where the covers (game titles) are listed with the gaf post#... link it in the op and then when things are added the contributor can just quickly update the spreadsheet?

Or anything... it's just that the thread is getting long and it's difficult to search for specific requests/games.

edit: I will do this tomorrow: I'll go through the thread and organize all submissions into a google doc. Then pm link to the OP. Hopefully contributors will update the sheet themselves, or pm me to do it. Whatever is easiest for everyone. But I think we should organize this, and get easier access to everyone's hard work!

zazrx and Rengoku, holy crap you guys are making some amazing covers. Also glad we have some 360 and Wii templates to work with now.

Evolved1

demosthenes said:
I gotta say, printing white covers is a pain in the ass XD

I don't know where to cut lol

Open the image in PS/Gimp or something and put a half pixel outline on it... won't make too much difference if you take off that small amount. Especially if you're cutting by hand anyway. Or just overlay a cover you have and mark the corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom