• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 (real comparison shots + more unboxing goodness)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
293914565_ec9710f082_o.jpg

293915129_2c07f25e86_o.jpg

293915181_6574c6901b_o.jpg

293914311_c4062e4757_o.jpg

more
http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/WiiPS3Unboxing

Lobster

Banned
Wait wait..in the ps3 package, media gets a bluray movie? Wii is soooo tiny. But the back doesn't look so nice as everything else. Even the Ps3 behind looks better than Wiis back. Ah well. Its not like Ill be seeing that.

Elios83

BlindN-Fan said:
Wait wait..in the ps3 package, media gets a bluray movie? Wii is soooo tiny. But the back doesn't look so nice as everything else. Even the Ps3 behind looks better than Wiis back. Ah well. Its not like Ill be seeing that.

All the first 500k PS3 in US are bundled with a Blu Ray movie.

BlindN-Fan said:

No, everybody gets a Blu-ray movie. A pretty lousy Blu-ray movie, by the way.

Lobster

Banned
Elios83 said:
All the first 500k PS3 in US are bundled with a Blu Ray movie.

Wow. I missed out on that news.

293914463_e3d8ae433e_o.jpg

Nice Wii and Ps3 comparison. In terms of shiny Ps3 definitely wins but Wii is still small and sexy.

BlindN-Fan said:

You get a Blu-ray movie and composite cables to watch it with. ;)

Hero

The Wii is simple and elegant. Will never understand how people can think the design of the PS3 is good. It's big, round, and just doesn't make it look like a 600 dollar piece of equipment. At least it's shiny.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The Wii is sexy small, the PS3 is sexy shiny, and the 360 is just okay looking to me.

Hmmm, 360 looks old, PS3 looks a bit silly, but very tech pretty, the Wii is a nice balance.

On aesthetics alone, the Wii wins for my taste, then the PS3, then the 360. The PS3s lack of a flat surface for stackability kinda hampers it's excellence, but then again, stacking something on that beautiful paintjob would hurt.

Sanjuro

Ynos Yrros said:
293914565_ec9710f082_o.jpg

PS3 is just shining in that pic, it's so black and sexy, Wii and 360 look so "standard" next to it.
See that shiny part on the PS3.....touch it. Get dust on it.......who is sexy now?

kikonawa

i'm sorry, but Wii looks like a boring piece of PC dvd drive.. what do you guys thinks it makes it so special?

Bojangles

I'm all for different opinions and stuff, but anyone who thinks the PS3 looks "sexy" is just plain wrong. That thing is a nasty-looking behemoth.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The 360 looks like a dell GX280 desktop PC.

Wii would look better if it wasn't white, or soon to be yellowish.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I do like the Wii for it's PC-Engineness, someone needs to turn it on and get some blue-light slot action.

PS3 looks better than I thought it would, but I think it's mainly the shiny black that helps it. It basically hides most of it's appearance. I think in white or something it would look pretty bad.

360 still looks the same as ever to me, a bit too cheap and cheerful.

vantastic

Hero said:
The Wii is simple and elegant. Will never understand how people can think the design of the PS3 is good. It's big, round, and just doesn't make it look like a 600 dollar piece of equipment. At least it's shiny.
the ps3 design hate just never stops here. go post some foreman grill photoshops. the wii just looks like a slot loading cd/dvd-rom. very elegant lol.

I think they all look pretty nice, especially the Wii. The only thing I don't like about the PS3 is the font. How much does that thing weigh, anyway?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah the Wii looks like a simple external CD drive. Nothing special, but sexy because of it's size and sleekness.

Top Bottom