• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3/Wii : BestBuy availability

Terrell said:
So wait... the US, the region Wii is supposed to bomb in, is leaping far past double the sales of PS3? This is insanity.

Comparing the two consoles' sales is completely irrelevant at this time. It's purely a function of how many units can be produced. Both consoles would sell out regardless. It is the holidays after all.

Wii is also not directly competing with either Microsoft or Sony. Comparing the two segments may never make sense because the target markets are now different. Overlapping, yes, but distinctly differnt nevertheless.

Wii will probably outsell both X360 and PS3...in the short-run anyway. When the higher priced consoles price comes down and HDTVs have a higher-install base, I predict things will flip-flop (2 to 3 years time).

Pellham

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
Comparing the two consoles' sales is completely irrelevant at this time. It's purely a function of how many units can be produced. Both consoles would sell out regardless. It is the holidays after all.

Wii is also not directly competing with either Microsoft or Sony. Comparing the two segments may never make sense because the target markets are now different. Overlapping, yes, but distinctly differnt nevertheless.

Wii will probably outsell both X360 and PS3...in the short-run anyway. When the higher priced consoles price comes down and HDTVs have a higher-install base, I predict things will flip-flop (2 to 3 years time).

thats possible, but I think Nintendo will probably pull a DS and release an HD Wii in 3-4 years to compete with that.

I don't think HDTVs will become mainstream until more than 3 years from now, due to the fact that the avg consumer makes 30k and can't afford a $500 TV, let alone a $5000 HDTV.

Top Bottom