• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

joebruin

were there release notes for what beta 3 fixed?

still seeing this bug from beta 2 where if you what a video in full screen from your what's new feed you see the white outline of the tile during playback

IvanJ

Banned
Maybe this has already been answered, but I cannot find it, too many pages:

1. Can you make a folders containing only the apps you use, to eliminate having to drop down several lines of promoted apps I care nothing about?

2. Can you make a folder for all those apps on the main line (Spotify, Playroom, Share factory etc.) and thus remove them from there? For some reason, those randomly jump to the first spot even though I never used them. It's annoying enough that I cannot remove them completely.

Thank you.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I cannot find it, too many pages:

1. Can you make a folders containing only the apps you use, to eliminate having to drop down several lines of promoted apps I care nothing about?

2. Can you make a folder for all those apps on the main line (Spotify, Playroom, Share factory etc.) and thus remove them from there? For some reason, those randomly jump to the first spot even though I never used them. It's annoying enough that I cannot remove them completely.

Thank you.

1. Only for main row apps. You can put Spotify or Playroom on a folder, but you can't put anything contained inside "Video", so no moving Netflix or Youtube :(

2. Yes

Gradly

I downloaded the firmware last night and have no intention to make any folders. Fight me

Yea me too haven't created any folder yet, I just like to scroll through the different tiles and I'm not a heavy user but the thing I hate is the profile page for each game/tile, I think its a step backward. I liked the promo boxes in the previous version but now its just not looking good to show the trophies etc. also the whole experience is a lot of things needed to be loaded each time without caching, I spend most of the time looking at those cool loading symbols (face buttons) waiting for the content to show up ha ha

cyba89

Probably already mentioned a thousand times but I just noticed you don't get horrible loud autoplay videos and spoilerific screenshots anymore when you press down button at a game on the dashboard.
This and missing folders where by far the biggest gripes I had with the PS4 UI.

Knuf

Most probably a placebo effect, but navigating through UI seems even faster and more responsive than before.
Also, folders are a godsend.

clintar

I'm getting full download speed now when downloads are in notifications. It seems when using any download benchmark in the browser, it's still limited, though. I wonder if they have that kind of fine-grained control over bandwidth priority, so in game/app, it may favor latency, but actual downloads in notifications get bandwidth priority. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

magawolaz

Loving the new notification design.
Stupid thing to complain about, but is it me or you can't open a folder with X? You need to press down?

1. Only for main row apps. You can put Spotify or Playroom on a folder, but you can't put anything contained inside "Video", so no moving Netflix or Youtube :(

2. Yes

Are there any changes to the Videos folder? Netflix pinned to the top and shit ton of random ads and then everything else in some randomized order has been quite annoying. It would be nice to be able to pin other apps to the top.

KyleCross

Probably already mentioned a thousand times but I just noticed you don't get horrible loud autoplay videos and spoilerific screenshots anymore when you press down button at a game on the dashboard.
This and missing folders where by far the biggest gripes I had with the PS4 UI.
Thank fucking Christ.

Tho how are they moderating them for spoilers?

On Demand

Banned
Yea me too haven't created any folder yet, I just like to scroll through the different tiles and I'm not a heavy user but the thing I hate is the profile page for each game/tile, I think its a step backward. I liked the promo boxes in the previous version but now its just not looking good to show the trophies etc . also the whole experience is a lot of things needed to be loaded each time without caching, I spend most of the time looking at those cool loading symbols (face buttons) waiting for the content to show up ha ha

Yep. That change was really not needed. They're basically telling the few developers that used it don't bother by putting it at the bottom.

It should always be the first thing you see. It also looks better on the UI.

Are there any changes to the Videos folder? Netflix pinned to the top and shit ton of random ads and then everything else in some randomized order has been quite annoying. It would be nice to be able to pin other apps to the top.

I wish... What happena in videos, stays in videos. I've been using the options buttons in every video app in hopes "add to folder" would appear.

No pins in this firmware, and apps inside video locked there, as it was before. I wish I could at least hide the ones I don't use. Still, everything looks cleaner after creating a "Junk" folder for the main row apps.

PS problem really. On Steam they're displayed nicely.

On Xbox One it works well too. In the same interface you select your games and apps from you can just switch to your library. I often look in there just to see what I have that I could play. On my PS4 I have maybe looked into the library like 10 times.

No.

Don't use folders at all, as their design is somewhat turning me off ^^

Yeah, they really couldn't look much uglier.

You can make them slightly better in some cases by putting three nice-looking things at the front, but then what's the point of that? You should be able to have the stuff you use first in the list without grossing up your UI!

androvsky

You can hide your unwanted PS4/PS3/Vita games from appearing in your trophy and profile lists now.

I was going to say that's been in there for a while now, but do you mean you can hide them from yourself? Currently you can hide them from other people, but looking at your own list gives you the whole sordid PS+ ridden mess to wade through.

ramse

I get new 2Tb hdd. If i change it now can i download beta again in my system update menu after install newest firmware in new hdd?

Shin-Ra

PS4ss40ratingui.png

The game rating options work now.

BigEmil

Oh no. Folders are blue no matter what theme color you're using!! Someone suggest making them transparent in the beta forum, please!
Instead of making it transparent which i dislike maybe just make it analyse it's surrounding colours and shift the colours to that

andshrew

I get new 2Tb hdd. If i change it now can i download beta again in my system update menu after install newest firmware in new hdd?

You'll want to go back to official firmware before doing this as you need to do a full installation of the system software when you change the hard drive. Pretty sure that file is not available in beta form.

Once you've switched to the new drive you'll be able to go back to beta by just updating as normal as it's your account that's entitled to download it.

Really hope external hard drive is a secret feature that is coming soon especially with PS4 Slim being 500GB again. My 2TB is coming to its limits.

Will most likely not happen but its nice to have dreams especially after the age of folders has arrived.

Top Bottom