• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Recall

All sounds great in theory, hopefully it works just as well in practise. I really hope new issues aren't generated because of the changes.

Personslly all I'm after are more audio options for media playback especially Blu Rays. PS3 had the options but not PS4.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Woweee, folders, library, and two factor all at one time.
Sony OS team are on steroids! Fucking nice.

bunkitz

Fuck yes! These all sound fantastic!

I do have one problem, though... I want to use some screenshots from Second Son as my background photo thing, but I've already removed them from my PS4, so... I doubt I can use them now. Tsk.

Really excited about the new organization options for the library, though!

daveo42

Banned
FUCKING FOLDERS!?

Fucking folders!

fuck_yeah.gif

Shin-Ra

Few other bits from the Japanese blog post:

You can check your captured screenshots from the SHARE menu
You can like and comment on shared videos and screenshots in Live from PlayStation
Added privacy settings per-game

And no-one's posted these refreshed game content/profile screen pics AFAICT.

Powerful-Crying-Gif-From-Doctor-Who.gif

Its really happening. Im in shock. In tears. I am still dreaming? This cant be real.

Thank you Sony so much. This is the best update ever.
Omg this makes me more happy than anything..

Sony just doesn't get some gamers literally turn on the PS4 everyday, even if I'm not gaming. It's my TV computer basically, being able to customize and tinker with the content is very important Sony! Sheesh it only took 80 years!!!

Thank you...

Still waiting for

Trophy collection data (show how many stuff you have collected/are missing to get a trophy)
Damn playtime, how hard can it be

But thank you based Jesus for Folders

Justified

Woweee, folders, library, and two factor all at one time.
Sony OS team are on steroids! Fucking nice.

Hopefully this is a sign that moving the OS/Firmware team to the West will get things going in the direction it should have been years ago

I like how they said new system backgrounds but not custom ones ugh but folders and offline trophy veiwing is enough to keep me happy so fucking aye hope i get in

Disappointing update. I'm not expecting PSN id change, because that looks like something that will not happen anytime soon, but i was expecting at least external storage support. I mean come on Sony, make it happen !

Folders are gonna make the experience a little cleaner because the thing with PS4's UI is that the more you add the more it becomes cluttered and in my case right now, the UI is getting messy.

I would also love for Sony to make the "What's New" section cleaner and get rid of the useless stuff. Xbox One UI is better at this because i mostly see stuff i care about like pictures/videos my friends share and friends status that i think is really cool. Sort of like a Facebook news feed.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Still waiting for

Trophy collection data (show how many stuff you have collected/are missing to get a trophy)

But thank you based Jesus for Folders

The trophy thing would have to be a fundamental change in the way devs coded for trophies I'd imagine, so they may be able to do it going forward if they could be arsed.

They are already capturing playtime (at least whilst connected to PSN) so I'd imagine that's something they could implement relatively easily. I'd love to have a tally of the hours I've invested in each game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol some of the reactions in this thread are making me chuckle. If you're crying tears of joy over folders, how were you breathing during E3 2015? XD

Or maybe it's sarcasm and it went right over my head lol.

Planet

This can't ever be in, because the system only tracks if you got the trophy or not. The rest is up to the game.
This should really be in rather sooner than later, can't be too hard to implement and would make some people including me quite happy.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by XB1 updates being so significant more often than not, but this update seems kind of disappointing to me. Or maybe it's just the lack of still not allowing external storage that's really annoying me and clouding my view.
I think so...I don't think even 10% of the ps4 audience (random #) cares about external HDD. I would say the last big changes that are popular are the following in order;

- Name changes
- PS1 or PS2 b/c
- Media Support improvements
- UI customization (ppl like a new look every now and then)

Btw I believe 2-step verification is coming but is a PSN update not just PS4 for those asking

Very surprised they have got this to work. I would of thought that the way the UI worked, folders would make the thing slow to a crawl.

Guess it still just might.

Lol some of the reactions in this thread are making me chuckle. If you're crying tears of joy over folders, how were you breathing during E3 2015? XD

Or maybe it's sarcasm and it went right over my head lol.
No its geninue. We've waited since launch for folders. The games has nothing to do with it, this is about messing around with your PS4 on a daily basis, completely different kind of hype than playing an amazing game. Keep up brethren lol.

So happy about folders, not because i will use them much since they arent as necessary as they were on PS3 (Various console formats for games) but at least i wont have to hear people bitching about them anymore :)

Logash

Since I've gone digital only a couple of months ago I have wanted folders more and more. It's not about the amount of games in my library, It's more about organization. Has anyone got an invite yet?

Top Bottom