• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Fbh

Folders and news about 2 step verification.

With this the Ps4 OS finally has everything I wanted. Hell, I can even talk about stability updats now without being sarcastic!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What I would also love is the option to disable trophy screenshots. Nothing against that feature for those who use it, but I'd like to turn it off. I took a lot of screens in Abzu for example and you first have to delete those trophy screens to scroll through the 'real' ones.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I hope folders allows us to group the variosu Sony apps into one rather than have them jump to the front all the time. Video/Sharefactory...

20160815-ps4-05.jpg

Any reason the username shows up twice? Feels redundant and messy.

edgefusion

I'm not struck with the way the new PS menu looks. I would've hoped for something a bit more thoughtful than 'big plain blue rectangle'. Why is interface design something Sony stumble so badly at?

Jonboy

The customizable quick menu sounds interesting. Hopefully it includes the option to add a "Turn off controller" button there. So weird how deep you have to go to turn off a controller the way things are currently set up.

Planet

So weird how deep you have to go to turn off a controller the way things are currently set up.
Huh? The option "Log out of PS4" which IMHO is the more intuitive reason to switch off a controller is right there. Otherwise just let it sit aside for 10 minutes and it will be off. Please describe your use case to elaborate the urgent need!?

TalonJH

Even though it doesn't mean a lot, I think this paragraphs should be in the OP.

The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.

Griss

I'm torn between being ecstatic and angry that it took so long.

Also, essentially all the updates I've wanted since the first month are in this system update, while all of the rest of them contained almost nothing I wanted. Was it just my bad luck that they prioritised the stuff I care about last? How could it take them 3 years to do this stuff?

I remember in the first weeks of the system someone made a folder mockup that looks exactly how it looks in the OP. Three fucking years is an incompetent amount of time to get that in there.

Goddamn Sony.... You did it.

I am most excited for the Quick Menu & Share Menu being an overlay to the game. I still hope it auto pauses.

Even though it doesn't mean a lot, I think this paragraphs should be in the OP.

They say that every major update and it very rarely amounts to much. What you see is what you get.

I'm torn between being ecstatic and angry that it took so long.

Also, essentially all the updates I've wanted since the first month are in this system update, while all of the rest of them contained almost nothing I wanted. Was it just my bad luck that they prioritised the stuff I care about last? How could it take them 3 years to do this stuff?

I remember in the first weeks of the system someone made a folder mockup that looks exactly how it looks in the OP. Three fucking years is an incompetent amount of time to get that in there.

Aren't you selling you PS4 and getting a Xbox anyway?

Jonboy

Huh? The option "Log out of PS4" which IMHO is the more intuitive reason to switch off a controller is right there. Otherwise just let it sit aside for 10 minutes and it will be off. Please describe your use case to elaborate the urgent need!?
What? If I'm watching a video/movie/tv I don't want to log out. With the terrible battery life of the DS4, I don't want to "just let it sit aside for 10 minutes."

crimilde

Banned
What I would also love is the option to disable trophy screenshots. Nothing against that feature for those who use it, but I'd like to turn it off. I took a lot of screens in Abzu for example and you first have to delete those trophy screens to scroll through the 'real' ones.

You can though. Settings - Sharing and Broadcasts - Screenshot settings. :D

razze

Neo Member

You can already disable trophy screenshots from the Share Menu under Sreenshot Settings. Look it up for more specific guidance...

vg260

4.50 better be the holy grail update with name changes

I don't think we'll ever realistically see name changes or external hard drive support.

It seems like the name thing is an unrecoverable goof in database design and external storage seems like it's a security worry for Sony. Would love to be wrong though.

UI refresh had me excited but they are just adding more to the already disjointed mess

PS4 really needs a "new playstation experience" update that makes everything more consistent between the OS and the Store and other sub menus.

Planet

watching a video/movie/tv
OK, I can see that bothering you. But with my controllers a few bursts of 10 minutes being connected in a movie or two doesn't add noticeable drain.

Too bad they didn't make the old PS3 bluetooth remote compatible, I still have that one and there is nothing fully comparable on PS4.

Gradly

Awesome update. Hopefully the beta comes within a couple of days.
I'm actually excited about this part:
PlayStation Blog said:

The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.

I remember someone made a folders mock-up that looks exactly similar to this if I'm not wrong?!

Guess I can turn the option to display only 15 games on then, huh? Just need to see how good the library will work now. Wish they'd move it up into the front though, even with 15 games listed. Also hope that we'll be able to hide items soon!

Everyone's going to fixate on folders, and that's great, but I was really hoping Sony would have Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in this update in light of recent trends. Since everyone in the know is removing their payment information from PSN, you'd think it would be a priority. The bottom line is that people are less likely to make impulse purchases if they have to manually key in credit card details each time or go by PSN cards, so Sony is losing money by not offering 2FA. They should be getting hammered by the game press until it happens.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You can though. Settings - Sharing and Broadcasts - Screenshot settings. :D

You can already disable trophy screenshots from the Share Menu under Sreenshot Settings. Look it up for more specific guidance...

Damn, thank you. I browsed through the settings multiple times and never found anything, never checked that sharing menu. Well that option is disabled forever now.

Sephzilla

Hopefully you can stuff all of the streaming/capture gallery/web browser stuff all in one folder to help clear up some clutter.

Top Bottom