• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Unknown?

Didn't know this, but Quick Menu>Turn Off Controller would still take like 2 seconds..

Yeah I agree going through the menus now is kinda ridiculous how much you have to go through just to turn off your controller. Maybe they changed that with this update? They did say they streamlined it.

This is FUCKING AMAZING

SO MANY little changes that ive been hoping they would add.

A UI that doesnt take up the whole screen, a custom quick menu, oh my godddd you guys

MarionCB

I really hope you can bury the What's New icon in a trash folder, and some others too. I never use it and it annoys me how the system always starts on that. Another thing the ps3 did better.

Bishop89

Trophy Improvements
This update brings the ability to view the Trophy offline. You’ll see a new “offline mode” option if your system is unable to connect to the network, letting you view your entire Trophy collection without an Internet connection.

Fucking finally.

A joke it wasn't there from the start.

Also folders is nice, i have A LOT of clutter in my library.

No name change though :(

StereoVsn

Why not just delete them?

Because current library displays everything. You can't delete old demos, some DLCs you got for games you never picked up, bad choices for download from PS+, betas, etc...

The point is you could dump that stuff in couple folders and forget about them. Now, new library options sound like they will avoid that problem altogether potentially, but its still good to have it.

Kyoufu

Because current library displays everything. You can't delete old demos, some DLCs you got for games you never picked up, bad choices for download from PS+, betas, etc...

The point is you could dump that stuff in couple folders and forget about them. Now, new library options sound like they will avoid that problem altogether potentially, but its still good to have it.

I don't get what the Library and Folders have to do with each other. They're separate things. If you're making a folder for games you're never going to touch then you should probably delete those games :p

20160815-ps4-06.jpg

20160815-ps4-07.jpg

The quick menu still takes up like half the screen lol. I was expecting like it'd pop up the at the bottom portion of the screen or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can probably slim it down by removing the entire second column

One thing I hope is secretly in the update is forum-like organization in the groups you've joined so that you can create discussions, with the ability to mention users.

I like the group feature, and Id like to use it more often. Im still hoping they add some way to quickly capture a video clip (last few seconds of a game) in addition to the last 15 minutes.

Having to choose between the two sucks

DryvBy

I really hope you can bury the What's New icon in a trash folder, and some others too. I never use it and it annoys me how the system always starts on that. Another thing the ps3 did better.

I'm pretty sure mine starts out on the last game I played.

Jac5al

Neo Member
Yeah I agree going through the menus now is kinda ridiculous how much you have to go through just to turn off your controller. Maybe they changed that with this update? They did say they streamlined it.

Hold down the PS button for 10 seconds to turn the controller off...

One thing that I would like to see be added is something that I really like on the Xbox One. I don't know the name, it's achievement tracker thing? I love games where I have to collect loads of stuff and this always seemed like a fantastic idea to me.
Cool idea, but games would have to be patched to support the new trophy track percentage API.

20160815-ps4-05.jpg

Any reason the username shows up twice? Feels redundant and messy.

It looks like it's part of the usual contextual menu that eventually pops up when you hover over an interface element for long enough so I imagine it's indicating which user the content is associated with.

This shows customization options

The bottom option on the menu list on the left says "Customize". After that you go to the middle row, which has two options: Menu Items and Sorting. The second screenshot shows the menu you get when you choose "Menu Items". From the menu that pops up, you can select which things you wanna see on your Quick Menu by ticking boxes.

Oh that's pretty sweet then. Like a few other posters said, it'd be nice if it was transparent too but overall i'm still pretty excited for this update

Really? Haha, that's bizarre.

I dunno why anyone would do that though.

Because that's the easiest way to find anything? I'm not sure what's so confusing about this. Even in other sorting modes all your purchased but not downloaded content is all there

Usually the only reason I even go to the library is to start a download

BadAss2961

Quick Menu
As you know, pressing and holding the PS button on your DualShock 4 brings up the Quick Menu. We’ve overhauled this menu to make it faster and easier to use. One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely.
We’ve added several new items to the Quick Menu, letting you quickly get info without having to back to the home screen. You can see the online status of your friends, and shortcuts to quickly access your Party, Favorite Groups, Communities, and more. You can also customize the Quick Menu, removing or adding items as you see fit.
Nice... This was always so backwards, the way you couldn't see any of the game while fiddling in OS menus.

What we've had all this time is a downgrade from even the PS3's transparent menu solution.

8byte

Banned
It's crazy to me that it has taken this long to give users the ability to see trophies offline. They were literally useless to anyone without internet.

Because that's the easiest way to find anything? I'm not sure what's so confusing about this. Even in other sorting modes all your purchased but not downloaded content is all there

My stuff is sorted by when I last played/downloaded it. I've never had trouble finding anything because in general the stuff I want is at the top of the list, but I guess YMMV.

Unknown?

Only the games you have installed on your HDD show up on the UI it's only the library that shows everything you've purchased. You can't make folders in the library only for installed games.

I was a dumb kid once...

Don't regret my PSN name...

Own your mistakes!!! Be a man! Or a woman!
Yep!

I mean its ok for me since i wasnt a kid when i signed up so im happy with my PSN (Same us Gaf name).

Just accept your rubbish name and own it, best way to be in my eyes.

I have had people at work laugh at my personal email address but i owned it and it was never an issue because of it.

Top Bottom