• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Sorry to bump but I just got this update on the PS EU Blog:

gbdtZ7r.png

So they aren't releasing this ****ing thing this week again. They will give us a freaking release date. FFS

Mengetsu

My PS4 is essentially the same PS4 it was on release date. No new features have been added. It really is a shame that a PS3 (which I sold a few days ago) is more feature-filled than a PS4. If I knew it would be like this I would have waited to buy a PS4 (like I did with the PS3 and PS2--the hype got me).

To be fair the PS3 didn't start off with all those features. Many updates happened before it got to where it is today.

spwolf

pretty funny that people first wanted just to know what they are working on and now they want updates without knowing about them in advance... cant win ever.

pretty funny that people first wanted just to know what they are working on and now they want updates without knowing about them in advance... cant win ever.

Well they said about like five weeks ago we'd see it in a couple weeks. Then last week soon. Now very soon. I think if they came out and gave a more general release schedule or just say May and if they deliver sooner well be pleasantly surprised. No need to keep stringing people along for what feels like a sort of minor FW update for the time it's taken.

Freeman

Banned
I don't know what they get by being secretive in a situation like this, just say what is going on, "It will have feature X and Y and our plan is to release it before the end of may, but the date isn't set in stone"

They hype thing and keep saying cryptic things as if it helped with anything. They also public commit themselves to add certain features in the future, people spent money on the system its nice to give them a little certainty.

Maximus.

I know this is a superficial request, but I really want to be able to customize the background color, haha. Also, I can't wait for the controller to have an auto off function like the DS3. That battery dies fast.

I know this is a superficial request, but I really want to be able to customize the background color, haha. Also, I can't wait for the controller to have an auto off function like the DS3. That battery dies fast.

I'd like that also. I'd have the background in black.

kriskrosbbk

There is an auto off option.

Vashetti

Banned

Lol, that option has been in there since the console launched.

boeso

There is an auto off function in the settings, I think in the power save settings.

Edit: beaten like a pro.

I'm still a bit shocked the ps4 still can't play movies or music off of a flash drive. I have no idea why they haven't or didn't allow for playback?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
To be fair the PS3 didn't start off with all those features. Many updates happened before it got to where it is today.

And to be fair where it got today should of at least been the base line for their 'next generation' console, it should of been part of the release plan from the off set.

Lady Gaia

And to be fair where it got today should of at least been the base line for their 'next generation' console.

While that might seem like a reasonable expectation, it's often not the best approach. Spreading yourself thin trying to do everything you've done before means you're not as focused on your core mission — and at least some of what came before becomes irrelevant as time goes on. I'm not the least bit disappointed that my Tesla didn't come with a tape deck, despite the fact that the very first car I ever bought had one built in.

Rethinking what a device should be in a modern context just flat out makes more sense. I'd be delighted if Sony made the PS4 into a Bluetooth audio accessory for my phone instead, since that's where my music is already stored (or available from my server.)

RedAssedApe

Banned
You will be able to broadcast using live smiling.
Broadcast, which is delivered to a smiling live broadcast is possible to View in Live from PlayStation on.
※ smiling account is required for delivery.
※ You can deliver free of charge for one month from the delivery of the first but not have to be smiling premium membership if you have a SEN account. You have to be smiling Premium Membership thereafter.
※ side to the viewing is not required for account but smile, smile account is required to comment.

Whats this? Nico nico? (google translate hah)

Slixshot

Banned
I swear, the more I read neogaf, the more I realize that I have a shitload more patience than the majority of people... It's crazy to see how frustrated people are getting. When it comes, it comes. I hope it will be worth the wait.

I want wallpaper. =(

And let us disable UI music while keeping game ringtones (or whatever you call it when you hover over a game). Hate losing both when disabling system UI music.

LAA

Quite disappointing it seems there seems to be no USB playback in this update.. espicially if they do mkv, which I really hope they do. Was also hoping for ability to upload to youtube. Youtube would probably be the only place I upload stuff too if I used it.

The X1 is really outpacing the PS4 when it comes to adding features atm, in fact it feels the PS4 is simply catching up to them with this update. Hoping theres more to this update than it seems atm, and if not, hope theres a lot more in the pipeworks.

falconbox

Banned
I swear, the more I read neogaf, the more I realize that I have a shitload more patience than the majority of people... It's crazy to see how frustrated people are getting. When it comes, it comes. I hope it will be worth the wait.

yeah, this place isn't known for being the most level-headed patient bunch.

stay away from PSN store update threads.

Mmhh, to be honest, the update will be very feature-rich, but so far it only covers one main point on my list which is screenshot/video export via USB.
I'm not content before suspend/resume and DLNA will be added as I expected all of that to be there at launch actually
(and then I'll bitch about minor stuff missing ;D )

But I enjoy going through a fresh big firmware update and screen for new stuff to test.

Pop

I don't know if posted but I found the Japanese PR to 1.7 firmware.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140417b.html

Features added:

+ Ustream, Twitch Archive

+ Ustream, Twitch HD quality
+ Ustream, Twitch tag/comments
+ SHAREfactory
+ Vita TV Remote Play
+ Turn off the HDCP
+ Preloading games from PS Store
+ Passcore input to pair Remove Play devices

Some great features here

Yup. It goes literally with the internet mentality, everyone wants everything now. In an instant.

Top Bottom