• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexa

Looking at the November version of that list, the PS4 didn't even break the top 100. That sure seems legit.

Do preorders count when they're made or when they're shipped? It could be that most people that got a PS4 preordered while for Xbone they did not. Overall for 2013 PS4 is 8th and Xbone is 17th, which seems about right.

Rivver

Banned
Amazon delists the PS4. It was at #8 this morning and it stayed around #6 in November.

PS4 launch edition was delisted.

Is it common practice for Amazon to simply remove items from their Top Sellers list? I never really paid much attention before.

Do preorders count when they're made or when they're shipped? It could be that most people that got a PS4 preordered while for Xbone they did not. Overall for 2013 PS4 is 8th and Xbone is 17th, which seems about right.

I would assume it's when it gets shipped/the person gets charged, but I would have no way of actually knowing.

FiggyCal

Banned
Is it common practice for Amazon to simply remove items from their Top Sellers list? I never really paid much attention before.

I want to say no; but I haven't payed much attention to the bestsellers list until PS4 and Xbox One. I kept track of the PS4 during the morning: it went from #8, delisted, #22, and then back to #8. I don't know what's going on.

kmg90

PS4 KZ-139
PS4 BF4-712
XBONE-405

Probably my last update as I don't want to evoke the wrath of the GAF mods with my minute-by-minute update....

And I want to get back to AC3

sono

The Killzone bundles look like they will be sold out by 30 minutes past the hour at the current rate.

FiggyCal

Banned
so is this a proof that Xbone is selling at a slower rate?

Not necessarily. Xbox One could've had more stock than PS4 and we know Xbox One has been restocked more often then the PS4 has; meaning that the people who wanted an Xbox One could get one more easily than the people who wanted a PS4 could get one. This really doesn't PROVE anything per se, but you could take away something from it if you wanted.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda surprised that a $400 item can sell out 4 days before Chrimbus. I would think most people have spent their wad already on other unnecessary items.

Zachi

Banned
Not necessarily. Xbox One could've had more stock than PS4 and we know Xbox One has been restocked more often then the PS4 has; meaning that the people who wanted an Xbox One could get one more easily than the people who wanted a PS4 could get one. This really doesn't PROVE anything per se, but you could take away something from it if you wanted.

there are more people who have PS4 see NPD number, sounds to me that you're in denial

Alebrije

I bet there was a big number of people that wanted to get PS4 but since it was out of stock they got Xbone , they wanted to jump to next gen at any cost.

They will get PS4 soon or later anyway

I'm kinda surprised that a $400 item can sell out 4 days before Chrimbus. I would think most people have spent their wad already on other unnecessary items.

A friend of mine only wanted the PS4 for Christmas, and he told his wife he would wait til they could get one. I'd imagine there were an awful lot of people trying to find PS4s for Christmas.

Gamerloid

Interesting indeed as the XBone is higher on people's wishlist than the PS4.....

Shenanigans....

I'd only put it on my wish list if I didn't have plans to purchase anytime soon. It is called a "wish list" after all. PS4 probably isn't the highest because people are just buying one. No need to wish when it's in your grasp right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom