• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deal Alert. Xbox Series S (refurbished) 199$ on Amazon

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Thirty7ven

Banned
Can get one for 180€ and it’s impulse buy territory. But there’s a bunch of second hand Series X for 350€ with warranty, and to be honest it makes more sense to wait for Series X to be available between 200-300€. Considering first party games don’t leave GP, the more I wait the better the deal becomes.

cireza

Why someone should waste money on such a device? Basically the least compelling one of the entire bunch.
Why would I buy a house when I can buy a city, or even an entire country ?

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

//DEVIL//

I got one for $125 from FB marketplace last week.. insane value. I’ve been saying for a while now that you should always check the used market before buying a new one..

It’s an awesome little machine..
Congrats. that is what I always do. 3 weeks I go I was able to get an Xbox Series X halo edition from a scalper for MSRP price. the guy needed quick cash and he listed it 200$ above the MSRP so no one tried to offer him anything.

I am happy with that purchase. it's still brand new sealed to this box. ill open it once MS Activision deal closes as champaign of victory lol ( not that I really care I have 7800 x3d and 4090 but still lol )

And contributes directly to physical releases getting less popular. With you dont own the product. You own a code to a product that can and will be revoked at any and all times.
Off the top of your head, what games in Steam’s 20 years of existence have been delisted and became unplayable for people that have purchased the game(s) on that platform? Or any other digital platform?

Spaceman292

Banned
And contributes directly to physical releases getting less popular. With you dont own the product. You own a code to a product that can and will be revoked at any and all times.
These days physical releases are basically just a digital code carried on a disc. You still need to download half the game before you can play it

El Muerto

I got mine around black Friday in the Microsoft store for $200. Definitely worth it if you do gamepass, and it's nice to have in a spare room if someone is hogging the living room tv.

twilo99

Just curious, what is the satisfaction of owning digital media stored a piece of plastic?

The beauty of digital is they it doesn’t require a piece of plastic..

I got one for $125 from FB marketplace last week.. insane value. I’ve been saying for a while now that you should always check the used market before buying a new one..

It’s an awesome little machine..
ooh I didn't even think of this. At some point I want to buy one, play Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, then sell it, and this will probably be the cheapest route.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Off the top of your head, what games in Steam’s 20 years of existence have been delisted and became unplayable for people that have purchased the game(s) on that platform? Or any other digital platform?
Unreal Tournament 3 off the top of my head. I believe Quake 3 aswell (Is replaced by Quake Live, which was FTP, is now paid).

I own both physical (For X360 and PC) because of reasons mentioned below.
These days physical releases are basically just a digital code carried on a disc. You still need to download half the game before you can play it
Which is the other issue i have with it, something i didn't feel like worth mentioning but considering how many user glanced over this and used it as a counterargument to my original post, it seems i should have. Games should be complete on physical with any updates thereafter. It is BS to ship a case with a code.
Just curious, what is the satisfaction of owning digital media stored a piece of plastic?

The beauty of digital is they it doesn’t require a piece of plastic..
The beauty of physical:
  • You own the game (Well this is becoming less and less with download codes and such) versus that you own a license on a game to a third party.
  • The concept of physical itself. Granted my shelf is filled with older games but it looks and feels so neat to get up to the drawer, grab a game and play versus going to Steam and clicking on the title. I get that the latter is easier but the former feels better.
  • Collections

I was close to choosing the XBS as my next gen console last year as it is cheaper and smaller than the PS5. Then, I played Horizon Forbidden West on the PS4 with gyro aiming, I cannot imagine playing any shooter without gyro aiming anymore. I am waiting for the PS5 slim to jump into current gen.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I got mine for $199 on a black friday deal last year, hard to say no at that point. It's very much earned its place as a second console, and my wife and stepdaughter play it more than the Switch and PS4 now.

Top Bottom