• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

Briarios

So, I got the code, entered the code, then something went weird -- it shows in my purchase list, but there is no way to download it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Just_one

a few questions to the people that are in the beta :

Trophies :

Any change at all? and by that i mean the following :

1 - Delete games with more than 0%?
2 - Can we organize games by name or console?

PS Store :

1 - Can we search things in our download list?
2 - Can we organize our download list?

Library

1 - Can we delete stuff from it like betas or demos?

watdaeff4

No folders, no external HD support, no way to hide games in your library.

On the bright side though, am cautiously optimistic about remote play on Mac.

Yeah still get an access denied error even when following the link. Seen quite a few posters on the PS Forums saying they don't have access yet either so maybe it just takes some time to roll out to everyone. Thanks though!

Ogawa-san

Now you can filter the game list in Live from Playstation! I don't have to scroll for three days to find the crazy japanese dude streaming Arcade Archives anymore!
kskbee4.png
The "appearing offline" indicator is too much. The different icon suffices, no need for "YOU ARE APPEARING OFFLINE" right next to it.
a few questions to the people that are in the beta :
Nope x5.

Shin-Ra

Not sure if this is new or I've just never seen it, but holy shit, you can finally disable the screenshot notification icon! Now I cxan finally take a bunch of screenshots in a row without capturing that stupid icon in the shots.
More exciting than any of the blog post features!

Just_one

Now you can filter the game list in Live from Playstation! I don't have to scroll for three days to find the crazy japanese dude streaming Arcade Archives anymore!

The "appearing offline" indicator is too much. The different icon suffices, no need for "YOU ARE APPEARING OFFLINE" right next to it.

Nope x5.

goddamn u sony!!!

thanks for the answer

aparisi2274

Has anyone upgraded to 3.5.0 yet? I have a code, but am leery, because I immediately feel that as soon as the Beta is on my PS4 it will break and I'll be screwed...
/
Is it stable? Any issues to worry about

Tansut

So I got a code for the beta and activated it on the online store while at work.

Now I have no idea how to actually start downloading it since it doesn't show up in my library.

Edit: Nevermind. Found it in the system settings.

What does the offline feature actually entail then?

Is it as half assed as the Xbox One offline function or are you actually 100% offline?

Do you appear as offline when someone visits your profile page?

Can you start up the PS4 in offline mode without alerting anyone?

Can offline people gather up for a party chat?

Gusto

Oh man, how I love being offline. I also created an event called Lemon Party and invited my wife. The event feature is kinda neat, starts up at the date and time and creates the party automatically.

sujay

Did they do something to download speeds with this update? My Wi-Fi connected PS4 is getting 1.4 Mbps down and 19.6 kbps up after the update. Before this it was getting at least 9-12 Mbps down and 2-3 Mbps up.

Yeah I'm getting a similar drop in download speed.

onQ123

Was USB Music Player there before? I always used the Media Player didn't notice that USB Music Player app until today (I don't keep my harddrive connected to the PS4 I mostly just stream from the computer so maybe that's why I never seen it) I remember people talking about it so did they take it away then brought it back with the FW update?

SSReborn

Was USB Music Player there before? I always used the Media Player didn't notice that USB Music Player app until today (I don't keep my harddrive connected to the PS4 I mostly just stream from the computer so maybe that's why I never seen it) I remember people talking about it so did they take it away then brought it back with the FW update?
It was there before the media player.

Has always been there, it used to be stand alone, but once he media player became active the music player fell under the media player.

onQ123

Has always been there, it used to be stand alone, but once he media player became active the music player fell under the media player.

Now it's standalone again I'm asking did it still show up standalone whenever you connected a USB device or did they just bring it back?

RhyDin

Did they continue to trickle out beta invites last time, or was it just the first wave and that was that?

I signed up and then gave the link to my friend - he got in and not me. Huge bummer because we both use shareplay every night and if he upgrades, we won't be able to shareplay anymore.

Top Bottom