• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

Neff

Remote play has been broken on both firmware betas now. Downgrade to official if you want to use that. Note that if you are using a non-Sony phone, you may have to wait a while for the remote play modder to update the app when the firmware comes out for real. Took just under a week last time.

It is an official Sony phone, but I'm merely using it as a USB drive to move screencaps and movies back and forth.

I downgraded back to 3.15 and of course it works again.

I don't understand what's the point of breaking Remote Play/Share Play (basically whatever involves video encoding/streaming) in every single beta firmware.

Do they change the Remote Play API calls every single time?

I don't understand what's the point of breaking Remote Play/Share Play (basically whatever involves video encoding/streaming) in every single beta firmware.

Do they change the Remote Play API calls every single time?

I assume it's because opening up Shareplay would allow people to show the firmware to others that are possibly NOT in the Beta, maybe it's down to that.

mf.luder

Was gonna ask the same question.

HANGING for official Dualshock drivers for my Mac.

I just went away for the weekend and friends bailed on me so I'm in the hotel room alone with my laptop. I could've packed my DS4 in case of times like this. Can't wait for the update.

Jingo

So the remote play will be only for the same wifi network?

Cause on vita i can play anywhere with wifi conection, if its not the same ill probably use it as much as the xbox app..

Has anyone in the beta stopped getting message notifications? They just stopped showing for me all of a sudden. I get other notifications just fine. Weird.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Has anyone in the beta stopped getting message notifications? They just stopped showing for me all of a sudden. I get other notifications just fine. Weird.

My friends and I have been having issues with message notifications, this was before I updated to 3.50 beta and they are still on the normal version. I would send a message of screenshot and their phones would go off with the message received notification but wouldn't get anything on the console, was happening for all of us, no idea why.

My friends and I have been having issues with message notifications, this was before I updated to 3.50 beta and they are still on the normal version. I would send a message of screenshot and their phones would go off with the message received notification but wouldn't get anything on the console, was happening for all of us, no idea why.

Hmm..weird. I never had this issue until just a few days ago. I get the notifications just fine on my phone and tablet but, message notifications on my ps4 have stopped completely. Wonder if they did something server wise recently that messed it up?

This has been happening to me all weekend and I'm not in the beta. Dunno what's up.

Oh ok, so then it's just not a beta problem. I asked my friend last night who isn't in the beta if he's been getting message notifications and he said he is getting them. Sounds like some have this problem and some don't.

My friend and I are having the same issue with not getting any type of message notifications and we are not in the beta. Just recently noticed this as well. I missed a message from a friend yesterday because nothing popped up.

We have tried the recommended fixes and nothing has worked. Rebuild database, recreating your user, checking date and time, checking the notification settings themselves, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. Sounds like something went wrong on their end.

z4chc3na

Using this on Mac. My controller keeps disconnecting whenever I connect it to my ps4 and my controller goes to red instead of blue as if I'm signing in as the second player. Anyone else having this issue and know a solution?

RedAssedApe

Banned
How do you log in as appear offline? Do you have to push the options button on your profile or something?

you set it in your profile and it maintains your status until you turn it back on.

so if you sign out of psn and sign in again you'll still be "offline" unless you change the setting in your profile

Blanquito

you set it in your profile and it maintains your status until you turn it back on.

so if you sign out of psn and sign in again you'll still be "offline" unless you change the setting in your profile

Go to your Profile icon... it is there as Appear Online/Offline as the first option.

Edit: Beaten

Ah OK. From the way I read the release notes I thought that there was going to be an option to select to appear online or offline each time you logged in.

So if I was last online, but wanted to log in as offline, I would have to log in and then change it really fast?

TalonJH

How do you log in as appear offline? Do you have to push the options button on your profile or something?

Go to your Profile icon... it is there as Appear Online/Offline as the first option.

Edit: Beaten

You can also change it by just holding the PS button. It's in the Quick menu.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ah OK. From the way I read the release notes I thought that there was going to be an option to select to appear online or offline each time you logged in.

So if I was last online, but wanted to log in as offline, I would have to log in and then change it really fast?

basically yeah. or just remember to set it to offline before you shutdown your ps4 or something heh

From the way I read the release notes I thought that there was going to be an option to select to appear online or offline each time you logged in.
There is, you just need to turn off auto-login. When you turn on your PS4 and it asks which account you want to log in with, there'll be an option to appear offline (prior to actually logging in with that account).

Blanquito

There is, you just need to turn off auto-login. When you turn on your PS4 and it asks which account you want to log in with, there'll be an option to appear offline (prior to actually logging in with that account).

See, that's what I thought. But I've never been presented with that option... though I do have a pin set, so maybe that's what's happening.

I'm just glad my friends voices can be heard in party chat now during video clips. Still not sure why he had to wait so long for that to be implemented, but hey, I'm happy with it. So let me shut up lol

OK yeah just tested it. For anyone using a pin, you can press options on your account and choose to log in as appear offline
It's the same for people not using a pin. As long as you have auto login turned off then at the account selection screen you can choose to appear offline (prior to actually logging in).

Jesus christ the download speeds after 3.5 are the worst I've ever seen. It starts at downloading 7-10mb per seconds and then a few seconds later it throttles back to about 600k per second and stays there, unless I do the pause/resume trick. WTF sony?

The download speeds have never been perfect for me, but atleast when it was downloading fast previously, it would stay that way for awhile.

Jesus christ the download speeds after 3.5 are the worst I've ever seen. It starts at downloading 7-10mb per seconds and then a few seconds later it throttles back to about 600k per second and stays there, unless I do the pause/resume trick. WTF sony?

The download speeds have never been perfect for me, but atleast when it was downloading fast previously, it would stay that way for awhile.
I get 10 - 14 MB/s sustained.

Top Bottom