• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

Saiyan-Rox

Same here. When will the official 3.50 be released? Since I updated my PS4 to 3.50 beta, the wifi has been so horrendous (download speed goes from 14 mbps before update to 1 mbps after update). Hopefully it's the firmware that causes the issue, not the hardware.

Same here mine went from 7MB/s to under 1MB/s after installing the beta (and downloading things matched it so I had to rollback.

DieH@rd

Banned
Beta 3 update is available.

Read the notes and it seemed the same as previous one. Anyone else spotted anything new?

Maybe its:
CdomhDHUkAAGmGb.jpg:orig

Cdomg9jUkAAGEf9.jpg:orig

CdomhOEUMAAkE-k.jpg:orig

CdomhIuUAAARlMU.jpg:orig

Dreathlock

I have a question regarding the pc remote play option.
I am traveling pretty often. If i take my ps4 and my laptop with me, can i just use a crossover cable from ps4 to laptop and use my laptop as a monitor for the ps4?

MageBoySA

I am traveling pretty often. If i take my ps4 and my laptop with me, can i just use a crossover cable from ps4 to laptop and use my laptop as a monitor for the ps4?

Crossover cables aren't really needed anymore since most modern ethernet cards have auto-sensing. But other than that, I believe the console needs to connect to a network to use the remote play features, and I don't think that it would work with a direct connection. (None of us can be 100% sure on this until the feature is released though)

Crossover cables aren't really needed anymore since most modern ethernet cards have auto-sensing. But other than that, I believe the console needs to connect to a network to use the remote play features, and I don't think that it would work with a direct connection. (None of us can be 100% sure on this until the feature is released though)

I am sure I can be done as far as i am aware the ps4 to pc software is just local network anyhow isnt it?

ferenz

Banned
I can't wait to have more icons for applications I'll never, ever use litter my UI so I have to scroll 9 lanes across to get to the game I want to play. The best part is how they seem to magically show back up in the top 3 or so regularly even if you've never used them once. It feels exactly like adware that I can't get rid of. I thought iOS was terrible because it forced you to keep applications/icons you didn't want, but at least it allows you to move them to another screen and hide them. That's right Sony, your interface is actually even more restrictive than Apple's, how can you live with yourself?

androvsky

I am sure I can be done as far as i am aware the ps4 to pc software is just local network anyhow isnt it?

Remote Play is going to need to authenticate to PSN to work at all, most likely. You could probably tunnel internet from the laptop's wifi to the ethernet port so the PS4 can connect too, but you might run into extra issues since the PS4 is going to be behind an extra NAT layer, and the laptop might not report the correct IP for Remote Play (so it ends up going over the internet).

I won't discourage anyone from trying though. :)

Same here. When will the official 3.50 be released? Since I updated my PS4 to 3.50 beta, the wifi has been so horrendous (download speed goes from 14 mbps before update to 1 mbps after update). Hopefully it's the firmware that causes the issue, not the hardware.

Oh my god I thought I was crazy because my PS4 speeds have been absolutely horrific, but this was it. I rolled back to the official version and went from 2.4mb down to 40mb down on my wifi connection. Jeez, hell of a fucking bug.

timmyp53

Oh my god I thought I was crazy because my PS4 speeds have been absolutely horrific, but this was it. I rolled back to the official version and went from 2.4mb down to 40mb down on my wifi connection. Jeez, hell of a fucking bug.

Is this issue isolated to wireless only? I haven't had it decrease that much and actually have gotten a major boost in Wired mode.

Not sure if twisteds remote play version will work like this, as it has a direct connect function on there. Twisted is here on gaf, try messaging him.

For anyone with lower wifi speeds on the 3.50 beta, it's been fixed in the Beta 3 update.
In my experience those speeds can be all over the place and don't correlate with any firmware. Often enough a restart of the ps4 and/or router or a reconnect can already help. Then it also depends if it's peak times etc
If anything my download speeds got faster in the beta and that wouldn't make sense with other people reporting the opposite.

sujay

Guys this was a known issue with many people reporting it, including here. It was a clear and reproducable degradation from 3.15 to 3.50 Beta 2. Firmware developers were made aware in the beta forums, they made a change/revert and fixed it with the Beta 3 update.

Jigolo

Guys this was a known issue with many people reporting it, including here. It was a clear and reproducable degradation from 3.15 to 3.50 Beta 2. Firmware developers were made aware in the beta forums, they made a change/revert and fixed it with the Beta 3 update.

Do you have a link to that forum that you can PM me? I'm a part of the beta atm and would like to report some bugs that I've encountered as well.

Popsickles

What?
My home internet has a 200Mb download speed, but the PS4 only went up to 70Mb.
If this is true, awesome!
I have 200meg too and Mine used to show between 50 and 60. I haven't actually downloaded any games yet to see how this is reflected though.

What?
My home internet has a 200Mb download speed, but the PS4 only went up to 70Mb.
If this is true, awesome!
I'm on a 110Mbps and the Network Test has always maxed out at 70Mbps... but actual transfer speeds have been able to max out my 110Mbps connection on the PSN. If there is a change here, I suspect that it's just to the way the speed of your connection is measured on the Network Test screen, it's not going to actually change PSN speed.

onQ123

It's weird but I love the friend is online notification, I didn't really care for it on PS3 but it's something about the notification on the PS4 that's pleasant maybe it's because it's your real friends & family from facebook that make things different or it's the design how it slide onto the screen.

MaKTaiL

I just got a huge survey on my email for testing the Beta. I guess the official release is right around the corner.

Top Bottom