• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Im in the beta but only thing I want is to be able to d/l movie's/series onto my PS4 like PS3 dont like streaming thinking of buying another PS3 just for this

Honestly this update is pretty lacking. But we can't test the remote play features on PC, so with that, there will something substantial. I expected more out of it, pretty disappointed.

Only just spotted this. Apologies if old.

Automatic trophy screenshots now displays the trophy notification even if the trophy pop-up is disabled (so just to be clear, pop-up appears on the screenshot, not during gameplay if you have it disabled): https://twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/707686004463951874

TypkQm1.png

Who needs folders?! :p

Im in the beta but only thing I want is to be able to d/l movie's/series onto my PS4 like PS3 dont like streaming thinking of buying another PS3 just for this

Yikes, that is certainly a niche and old fashioned use-case. Should probably just grab that ps3, sounds like a feature longshot.

Andrefpvs

Only just spotted this. Apologies if old.

Automatic trophy screenshots now displays the trophy notification even if the trophy pop-up is disabled (so just to be clear, pop-up appears on the screenshot, not during gameplay if you have it disabled): https://twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/707686004463951874

TypkQm1.png

Who needs folders?! :p

That's actually very interesting. Makes me wonder if they can come up with a way to not have an ugly black bar cover up my stream whenever I get a notification (and still not display it).

Robot Pants

That's actually very interesting. Makes me wonder if they can come up with a way to not have an ugly black bar cover up my stream whenever I get a notification (and still not display it).
Can we finally do that with the screenshot button please?
So I can take more than one quickly without that stupid icon being in the corner?

Can we finally do that with the screenshot button please?
So I can take more than one quickly without that stupid icon being in the corner?

As you can see in the screen grab above, that feature is in the beta.

I tested it out, even. I took four *very* quick screens in-a-row but it only registered 2 or 3. I then took another four, but this time I left a half second gap between presses. It captured all four screens. Not tried it in game, though. (Test was done on PS4 UI.)

Mengetsu

I'm in the beta and haven't even turned them on. Now I feel bad.
Hahaha you don't have to. The fact that the option is their now is all that matters. As much as I don't see a need for folders many here do. If they update it as a option everyone wins.
When are we expecting this firmware to get a full scale release?
If it's like every other update it's usually out a month after the beta.

Got a follow up email that encouraged me to fill out the "feedback survey" but the only option at the link is to report bugs (which I already did once). Is there an actual survey or did they just refer to the bug report?

Andrefpvs

Got a follow up email that encouraged me to fill out the "feedback survey" but the only option at the link is to report bugs (which I already did once). Is there an actual survey or did they just refer to the bug report?

Same here. I want to give feedback that is not necessarily a bug report, but all they've given me is a form specifically formatted to only report bugs.

timmyp53

Has anyone from the U.S managed to get into the beta and successfully gotten into the beta forums?

Has anyone had an issue appear where notifications(in notification area) you receive show the wrong time.

For example an invite I received 1 minute ago at 2:04pm for some reason says yesterday 2:04pm?

If so make sure you guys report it. I don't want that small issue poppin up in the official release.

Maybe I'm dumb I don't know how. Is there a way to report issues from the console itself(not standard crash reports)? I haven't been able to get into a beta forum for the last firmware either.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just found what I think is a new mini-improvement, and one which was definitely a bugbear with some people when rest mode first became available:

You can now enter rest mode from the first instance of the Quick Menu. (The menu which appears when you press and hold PS button on the DS4.) So there's no longer any need to go into Power Options and then select rest mode. (Though in the beta it's still within that menu, too.)

Apologies if this was there all along/is very old news.

I can do that now on 3.15 and a few revisions before it.

Has anyone from the U.S managed to get into the beta and successfully gotten into the beta forums?

Has anyone had an issue appear where notifications(in notification area) you receive show the wrong time.

For example an invite I received 1 minute ago at 2:04pm for some reason says yesterday 2:04pm?

If so make sure you guys report it. I don't want that small issue poppin up in the official release.

Maybe I'm dumb I don't know how. Is there a way to report issues from the console itself(not standard crash reports)? I haven't been able to get into a beta forum for the last firmware either.

Yes I have reported this issue it is from this being a leap year they have acknowledged the problem

I can do that now on 3.15 and a few revisions before it.

Yeah, what still bugs me is that you can't fully turn off the system from the first page of the quick menu. You used to be able to until they introduced Rest Mode, which basically stole its spot. Now we have to enter the other power settings option which is a slight pain.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, what still bugs me is that you can't fully turn off the system from the first page of the quick menu. You used to be able to until they introduced Rest Mode, which basically stole its spot. Now we have to enter the other power settings option which is a slight pain.

I guess for those who power down more often.

I rarely power down, unless there is a bad storm coming. Always in rest mode at least 98% of the time.

Mr Moose

Shows how much attention I pay lol, I thought it was available like that, but it's not (that extra menu for it).

Online status from holding the PS button is nice, though doubt I'll use it.

I'm really excited for appearing offline to my friends. This will really help me to chop down some the single player game backlog.

I just don't know how to say no to friends when I get invited to hop on Trials or The Division now.

OmegaFax

I like where this firmware update is heading. The only reason I had to revert back after a couple of hours was out of lack of Remote Play until the final release.

Logash

I got a code in the first wave and redeemed it. I kept pressing X and it sent me to the main menu. Now I can't seem to find a way to download the update and when I try to use my code again it says it's been redeemed. Should have read before pressing X. Anyone know what happened?

Edit: forget it. Figured it out by reading the post about downgrading.

Carnby

I'm in the beta.

...seriously, is new notifications all we are getting? Do the betas typically have all the updates or is this just a small portion of what is to come?

I'm in the beta.

...seriously, is new notifications all we are getting? Do the betas typically have all the updates or is this just a small portion of what is to come?

Based on the last firmware beta, we probably won't be getting anything major that isn't already in the beta except for PC Remote Play.

DrunkDan

I'm in the beta.

Another fairly big thing (for some) is the addition of remote play via PC or Mac, though it's not available with the beta this time. I guess this one is mainly for testing the notifications and the online status/event-party planner. Although as others have mentioned, the USB music player is also back again too.

daftstar

Any news on when this will be released? I'd like to try the PC remote play feature especially after learning of new possibilities (mainly using my laptop as a display while lying comfy in bed).

Same here. When will the official 3.50 be released? Since I updated my PS4 to 3.50 beta, the wifi has been so horrendous (download speed goes from 14 mbps before update to 1 mbps after update). Hopefully it's the firmware that causes the issue, not the hardware.

LAM09

Same here. When will the official 3.50 be released? Since I updated my PS4 to 3.50 beta, the wifi has been so horrendous (download speed goes from 14 mbps before update to 1 mbps after update). Hopefully it's the firmware that causes the issue, not the hardware.

The beta has improved my DL speed, but my UL speed has gotten worse (8Mb before, 300kbps now).

klaushm

Where can I report to Sony about beta errors?

I have some erros that are driving me crazy. Can't connect to any online game, some Apps are not loading, dashboard stuck, clicking um games on library go to other games page, but load the first one if started... List goes on.

Top Bottom