• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've had a hard lock, a shutdown,soundcuts and the whole system slowing down and unresponsive.
I've Reported it and Reinstalled 3.15
It's not worth risking it there's no actual notable features anyway and it's very unstable so I ain't missing anything and I did my part.

Spy

The new firmware was the cause of my slow Wi-Fi speeds, downgraded and fixed instantly.

3.50 Beta

1.4 Mbps
20.1 kbps

24.8 Mbps
3.2 Mbps

another stealth update.
When you take pics and post them you can now tag a player on your friends list in the pic, as if they were playing with you or if they were.

Cade

The new firmware was the cause of my slow Wi-Fi speeds, downgraded and fixed instantly.

3.50 Beta

1.4 Mbps
20.1 kbps

24.8 Mbps
3.2 Mbps

I should test mine. UC4 beta was being real disconnecty and slow earlier.

Kindred Dread

Neo Member
Great, a feature requested since launch. They spared us no time in bringing us Playstation Now, though.

Folders is my biggest pet peeve so far, and I'm sure they'll drop the ball on that too. I want several rows for each category but it will probably be like the Tv/Video icons that house a bunch of apps within.

onQ123

3.50 Beta

1.4 Mbps
20.1 kbps

24.8 Mbps
3.2 Mbps

Maybe you should update again then try to set up your network again & see if it fixes it. everything seem to work better for me with 3.5.

Anyone else not liking the blue dot beside the avatar? I understand online (in)visible status is important, but the blue dot (which turns into a red one with a white cross in it, if you want to appear offline to friends) is a literal spot on a otherwise clean, sleek looking UI.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Anyone else not liking the blue dot beside the avatar? I understand online (in)visible status is important, but the blue dot (which turns into a red one with a white cross in it, if you want to appear offline to friends) is a literal spot on a otherwise clean, sleek looking UI.

I'm not in the beta but I don't like things like this. Why not just put a thin border around the avatar? Green online, red offline.

On Demand

Banned

This is normal for Sony to add useless things every major update that was fine before.

On Demand

Banned
It looks worse when you have friends online. Because then you have two blue spots (one with a number beside it, adding further clutter), neither of which are the same size, nor are they aligned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ccx6u7_WEAIob1z.jpg:large

That looks really bad. It's like the firmware team has no idea what to add so they force themselves to come up with something just because.

Make sure you mention this terrible design choice in the beta forum. I doubt they'll change it anyway though.

Gonna bring it to @Toshimasa_Aoki 's attention. He's a good egg.

Good idea.

dracula_x

yep, I don't like it too.

I'm most excited by the PlayStation VR references tucked away in the Health & Safety section. I wonder how much VR groundwork is sitting behind the interface we currently see?

Ccxq-wNXEAICk57.jpg

source

Vashetti

Banned
I'm most excited by the PlayStation VR references tucked away in the Health & Safety section. I wonder how much VR groundwork is sitting behind the interface we currently see?

Ccxq-wNXEAICk57.jpg

Probably a fair bit. I imagine 4.00 in 6-7 months time will be the 'big' VR update to coincide with launch, and that'll explain why this update is so barebones, their software team is mainly readying the system for VR.

bombshell

Anyone else noticed that closing an application/game in this beta is now almost instantaneous? Before it usually took 1-2 seconds. STABILITY.

I'm not even sure why they do surveys for feature requests because they aren't really listening.

maybe because they have not got around implanting them into the UI? Maybe they are not finished? looks like most if the things from the survey are now on the system. There isn't a reason to still be crying

Mengetsu

So it will be a week now since this started. Sony won't be sending anymore waves of invites then? The one beta I really wanted into :(

Top Bottom