• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

An increase in the Twitter video length from 10 seconds to 30 seconds would be nice, unfortunately it seems like it's not present in this update.

RhyDin

You checked your spam or promotions emails?

Checked mine..invites seem randomly picked. I signed up before I linked a friend after the original topic was posted - he got in and I didn't. Could be chosen based on console usage, though, he's on a lot more than I am.

autoduelist

Those first 2 'features' are standard features that should of being included 2 years ago at launch. Especially when one of them was available on the PS3.

#Slowny

The existence of a feature on previous systems has no bearing on a new system. When designing firmware from scratch for a huge launch, it is best to strip down your OS to mission critical items and add in the 'fluff' later. You do not want unnecessary features to accidentally cause massive issues at launch, destroying marketing/launch momentum. For example, what if people with 100+ friends on their friends list in some cases caused unforeseen network issues, etc?

Now, I agree it didn't necessarily need to take this long to get some of the missing features, but expecting feature parity between a mature OS and a launch OS is a mistake -- it would be absolutely negligent of Sony to not prioritize a slim OS built for launch to millions of customers.

Certinty

I can't record gameplay or take screenshots, was working fine earlier now it's busted. Will send them feedback about it, just gives me an error code now.

No, apparently in 3.50 you can disable the little screenshot icon in the upper left corner that comes up after taking a screenshot. Since it's always delayed, it's nice to remove it if you take a series of pictures so it won't end up in your subsequent ones.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, apparently in 3.50 you can disable the little screenshot icon in the upper left corner that comes up after taking a screenshot. Since it's always delayed, it's nice to remove it if you take a series of pictures so it won't end up in your subsequent ones.

Does it still make the 'ding sound' so you know if you took the screenshot or not?

The objective of appearing offline is so that everyone on the dash see's you offline. not if you are playing a game. the heck is wrong with some of you?

Lebneney

Banned
Remote Play on PC/Mac is cool, but there goes part of the usefulness of my Vita TV.

VITA MEANS LIFE 。・゚ヾ(✦థ ェ థ)ノ。゚・。

Sony, please give us folders. I, along with everyone that has used a PS4 are of having to scroll through everything just to find the game/application we're looking for....

Xenus

Wait, people were expecting to be invisible in game (Destiny etc) or what?

Yeah it seems weird and would probably require a patch for each and every game that wanted to do it. I mean if you are playing an online game why would you want to be invisible?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wait, people were expecting to be invisible in game (Destiny etc) or what?

To be invisible in games you can just disconnect from network. Did people want to be connected to some network features but not others? Like store, trophies and so forth, but not gaming/social/media?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wonder if the secondary chip could be clocked higher through FW updates as it's needed to do more stuff?

even if it could i dont see them doing something like unless it was a psp situation where the chips were binned to run at a certain speed but purposely underclocked for whatever reason

lynux3

is anyone else having issues with the beta via remote play with vita?

I think Remote Play is disabled in the beta.

Anyone having issues with other Wi-Fi devices when the PS4 is pushing data? When I stream Netflix or doing anything for that matter online with the console is disrupts other wireless devices severely. I get massive amounts of packet loss and a ridiculously high latency (when I'm not dropping packets).

Xenus

I wonder if the secondary chip could be clocked higher through FW updates as it's needed to do more stuff?

Only if the yield is such it can be be done without breaking stuff. So usually the answer is no unless they took a higher clocked chip and specifically downclocked it for power usage reasons.

onQ123

even if it could i dont see them doing something like unless it was a psp situation where the chips were binned to run at a certain speed but purposely underclocked for whatever reason

Only if the yield is such it can be be done without breaking stuff. So usually the answer is no unless they took a higher clocked chip and specifically downclocked it for power usage reasons.

I asked this because the network functions seem to work better with this beta so I'm thinking they improved it to prepare for PC remote play.

I test out some of the unofficial Plex channels like Primewire & so on just to see if they work & before this beta Primewire didn't work at all but now it work. being that it's a unofficial channel I doubt if the changes was made on their end & Plex on PS4 is still on 01.17 so I think it's something that came with the improvements of the FW update. also some of the official Plex channels like the CW , Comedy Central , Nick Jr , CBS , South Park , TV Land , Spike & so on that was hit & miss (mostly miss ) seem to work as they should now. Fox has always worked as it should the others didn't seem to work for the most part but now everything seem to be working better.

Top Bottom