• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.50 Details (Friend Online Notifications, Appear Offline)

AaronMT86

Updated to 3.5 and noticed that there is still no way to bulk delete notifications/invitations. This basic funcionality is available on PS3 and Vita. Why is it still missing on PS4?

Let me,

1. Open up Notifications
  2. Hit options on the controller (while Notifications/Invitations) is selected
  3. Slide open a side pane and let me select a 'Delete' or 'Remove' all

Updated to 3.5 and noticed that there is still no way to bulk delete notifications/invitations. This basic funcionality is available on PS3 and Vita. Why is it still missing on PS4?

Let me,

1. Open up Notifications
  2. Hit options on the controller (while Notifications/Invitations) is selected
  3. Slide open a side pane and let me select a 'Delete' or 'Remove' all

Ugh, this is severely needed in the Upload section. Did they ever fix that bug where if it gets filled up too much, it prevents the system from uploading until you clear it all out ONE BY ONE?

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's taking them so long to get folders :Z.
They're basically already using the folder structure for the Capture Gallery app.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Is there no option for better IGC offerings? Couldnt give a crap about any of the above!

No option to change your PSN ID either! This is totally ridiculous in this day and age. At least a game like Bloodborne let you choose in settings whether to see someone's online ID or their character's name. Funny that you can basically do this in a GAME, but the SYSTEM won't allow for it. Sheesh. I keep wondering if it wouldn't just be worth it to start from scratch with trophies, downloads and everything else, just to have a decent logon ID. This is getting damn DEPRESSING.

Sintoid

Need an help

I redeemed Firmware code via web browser but now I don't know how to update. Download didn't start when I boot PS4 and my software collection doesn't show firmware updates to force download.
I tried to redeem it again from PS4 but code has already been redeemed (by me via browser)

Any suggestion?

Need an help

I redeemed Firmware code via web browser but now I don't know how to update. Download didn't start when I boot PS4 and my software collection doesn't show firmware updates to force download.
I tried to redeem it again from PS4 but code has already been redeemed (by me via browser)

Any suggestion?

It's all in the email they sent :)

Need an help

Any suggestion?

Go to system update in settings and it is there.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Nitpicky, but the sound it makes when you get "Friend is online" notification is kind of loud....id rather it be silent like the PS3 ones were or maybe use a more subtle tone perhaps?

nel e nel

Just noticed I got my beta code email last night this afternoon, so downloaded and installed via remote play with my Vita at work.

It seems that the beta has borked remote play until they do a system update for the Vita.

sujay

Hmmm download speeds are really slow again, like pre- 3.15 which fixed the slow speeds issue.
Downgraded to test them: yep way faster on 3.15... now on BETA again and suddenly all the games downloading old patches, oh no

interesting that some people are experiencing much better speeds, and others including myself are experiencing slower

onQ123

Need an help

Any suggestion?

Don't feel bad I did the same thing before I thought about the fact that it was a FW update & just went to update the FW lol.

ok i got it working now. I see it. glad they brought it back. there is even a disclaimer saying that it doesn't suspend the game. lol even they knew

ToiJu

Seems like they changed the update size display when downloading, previously it showed the size of all updates, now it shows just the size of the patch being downloaded and starts from zero. Earlier today I thought it was just for Helldivers, but Siege did just the same.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Seems like they changed the update size display when downloading, previously it showed the size of all updates, now it shows just the size of the patch being downloaded and starts from zero. Earlier today I thought it was just for Helldivers, but Siege did just the same.
Hopefully they have changed the way their incremental updates work.

It's great that you instantly get the patched version now when you buy a digital game late or re-download it but the time it took until it started downloading a an inremental patch for a game that already had many patches is abysmal.

Silent stability update best feature.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Appear Offline is great. Tired of using the disconnect from the internet option.

Only question is now: will other people still see you inside their games (in the built in friend lists of Destiny and Black Ops3, just to name a few examples) even if you're appearing offline and are playing these games at the same time?

Bold One

It's not part of the beta.

MartialPonders.png

MaKTaiL

interesting that some people are experiencing much better speeds, and others including myself are experiencing slower
My speeds are much more consistent now. Before downloads would start really fast and then get really slow in a matter of seconds. Now it seems to download at a constant decent speed. Not as fast as it could be but much faster than what I used to get before. My take on it is that it seems to be faster for those that had slow speeds and slower for those who didn't have a problem before. Sony apparently decided to even the speeds for everyone in an attempt to fix it.

The speeds in the last beta were also much better than non-beta. I remember reverting, getting slow speeds so I went back to the beta, downloaded,then reverted... Needed that remote play.

sujay

nice catch, needed change. lots of minor but welcome UI/UX improvements in this update

andshrew

Ugh, this is severely needed in the Upload section. Did they ever fix that bug where if it gets filled up too much, it prevents the system from uploading until you clear it all out ONE BY ONE?

They either fixed this or (more likely) it was an issue specific to "failed upload" type notifications not being automatically cleared.

Since they increased the available PS+ space I no longer get any failed uploads and have never had to manually delete uploads since. So how I see it is that regular upload notifications do automatically get cleared down by the system as necessary, upload notifications that want you to take some action (ie. failed upload) do not automatically clear down and so eventually can fill up the entirety of the upload section.

It's a strange omission not to just have a clear option in notifications, invitations, uploads etc.

ToiJu

Hopefully they have changed the way their incremental updates work.

It's great that you instantly get the patched version now when you buy a digital game late or re-download it but the time it took until it started downloading a an inremental patch for a game that already had many patches is abysmal.
Nah, it still had to do the "preparing to download" thing before downloading.

honjo73

download speed with the beta via WiFi (i know, should use ethernet) is pretty bad. i get speeds as low as 225 kbps. with 3.25 i get ~16Mbps

Only question is now: will other people still see you inside their games (in the built in friend lists of Destiny and Black Ops3, just to name a few examples) even if you're appearing offline and are playing these games at the same time?

yes they will see you in games

Yeah, the console even warns you of this the first time you try to go into offline mode.

timmyp53

I've boosted up from 35/5 upload/download to 75/12. Hmm seems more stable to and I don't have to do the pause resume exploit anymore. I really feel like isps are probably causing most of these issues.

Top Bottom