• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexIIDX

Awesome update, can finally capture through hdmi. Glad I'll be able to use my capture card and xsplit with ps4 now. I'll stream everything!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PNG gimme da PNG.

Just give us an option to store them locally as PNG, as twitter and FB recompresses them after upload anyways.

Still waiting for the update that allows my PS4 to play Blu-Rays on my television. Guessing that the 'HDCP off' option won't extend to BDs :\

VanWinkle

USB Exporting will allow you to do just that. The whole point is so you can get videos and images off your PS4.

The fact that you instantly doubted someone who gave you correct information, yet instantly believed someone that confirmed to your own bias, is quite irritating. :p

He said he wanted it posted to the What's New activity feed on PS4.

...you’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive.

XZkzWHB.gif

Sweet. Makes me wonder if MS had first dibs on console archiving & 720p streams or something.

Sounds like a ridiculous thing to have "first dibs" on.

Twitch progammed the Xbox one app. Sonys is built into the OS.

Sony being sony, just got it functional and always aimed to improve it later.

Anyway, im most interested in MP3 support in the video editor. This seems like a no brainer further down the line.

Cool to see Sony finally communicating with users about firmware updates

I'm disappointed no external media support [mp3,mp4 support etc.] as well as suspend/resume not being on there

Still it's a nice set of firmware additions

There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more — there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

curious what else we'll be getting

Yes! Shares to USB is a much much wanted feature. Seriously, I have like work colleagues and family members on my facebook. I can't exactly post my COD rampages on there.

I have a unrelated question when you buy a movie on PS4 using the video unlimited app, does the movie have to be download onto the ps4 or will it get streamed in 1080p.

Most of these features were leaked on the 5th so we should be getting light bar dimming too.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/ps4-firmware-update-1-61.1855953/page-5#post-20421942

I'm sure the next big (1.70) firmware will have some nice features.......perhaps.

Be good to see a video editing suite....the ability to remove videos from the PS4 via USB or record onto external devices.....dim the light bar perhaps....amongst other things.

I'd certainly welcome the ability to remove the videos and put them on my PC for editing. Although I also wish i could set the quality.

Might keep my eye out for a proper recording device in preparation for recording via HDMI...

Still waiting for the update that allows my PS4 to play Blu-Rays on my television. Guessing that the 'HDCP off' option won't extend to BDs :

I just watched two bluray movie this past weekend - Thor 2 and star trek 2. They both worked. If you are having problems then something else is having issues.

Yesterday's bitching worked. Now people will bitch about what they are not getting or about how much they don't care about this or that feature.

SSReborn

The wait for mp3 support is killer for me but all that other stuff is cool especially the video editor. Looking forward to this update.

Dylx

I want to hear chat over speakers (tv or in my case home theater). Hopefully that comes sooner or later.

Coconut

Banned
Only the quality is horrible. ( which they're apparently fixing)
Ustream has much better quality at the moment.

Great, what about the constant crashing? I was trying to stream MGSV last night but the app kept crashing. I'd much rather use my PC and Elgato for streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom