• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
Great, what about the constant crashing? I was trying to stream MGSV last night but the app kept crashing. I'd much rather use my PC and Elgato for streaming.

I've had my PC/Elgato crash and keep resetting with Twitch too. I have to connect to a Twitch server in Norway to get it to work and I'm in the United States. This shit sometimes isn't as absolute as you're saying.

Edit: clarified that last sentence

Gaf I have a newbie question. Now that we are going to get this HDMI record functionality on the PS4, which device would you suggest to capture 1080p content straight from the PS4's HDMI?? And what other devices would I need to capture and save them on to my computer?

HYDE

Banned
My most requested are MP3, use any Bluetooth headset or headphones with mic, and all BluRay features supported.

Coconut

Banned
I've had my PC/Elgato crash and keep resetting with Twitch too. I have to connect to a Twitch server in Norway to get it to work and I'm in the United States. This shit sometimes it's as absolute as you're saying.

I can only speak on my own experience and the PS4 twitch implementation is sub-par as compared to the way I have done it with my previous set up. Luckily it seems like they are fixing this and we can all be happy :D.

DBT85

Good news. Just hope they continue to provide regulate information about what they are doing. It's the one thing I think MS has done better, just keeping people informed about hat is coming up next for the OS.

glaurung

Those are all cool features.

Thank you Sony.

I wonder whether they'd do PS4 branded USB memory sticks? Sony has a pretty decent USB memory stick market share.

Please do DLNA support next.

Really happy about the video editor. Now we just need a "Playstation, record that" option that records the last 30 seconds of gameplay as a snip and and I can start sharing my PS4 shenanigans like I already to with BF4 & Titanfall on XB1.

VanWinkle

Really happy about the video editor. Now we just need a "Playstation, record that" option that records the last 30 seconds of gameplay as a snip and and I can start sharing my PS4 shenanigans like I already to with BF4 & Titanfall on XB1.

Yeah, I'd like a simple way to get a short clip instead of having to go through the video editor to grab a tiny thing I did from a 15 minute video.

Oppo

As if the SHARE button 3cm from your thumb isn't convenient enough.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
NOOOOOO MP3 SUPPORT YET FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SONY

I honestly do not care about a single one of those features.

And now I am sad :(

Use your freaking computer to listen to mp3s man. How did you ever use an mp3 before the ps4

I just watched two bluray movie this past weekend - Thor 2 and star trek 2. They both worked. If you are having problems then something else is having issues.

I don't know what the actual issue is. I've tried different cables and two dozen different movies. TV (2011 Toshiba LCD) is on the newest firmware. PS3 plays BDs fine. I even opened a thread on this.

I could just send the unit to Sony and see what happens. It's not like I'm playing anything on it at the moment.

I don't know what the actual issue is. I've tried different cables and two dozen different movies. TV (2011 Toshiba LCD) is on the newest firmware. PS3 plays BDs fine. I even opened a thread on this.

I could just send the unit to Sony and see what happens. It's not like I'm playing anything on it at the moment.

I haven't been able to watch blurays on my ps4 either. Pretty annoying since it's their format.

I would like the ability to record shorter clips like xbox. Let me configure the share button so that it captures the last 30-60sec so that I don't have to hunt through a long file for that clip.

Good call on this one. Pretty neat feature on the bone. Hope it comes soon to PS4

Stoffinator

Interesting additions, though I can't imagine they were at the top of anyone's list...

*raises hand

Most of these were on mine. Mostly the improvements to the Share button and the ability to put my vids and screen caps onto a USB. Got tired of uploading them to Facebook and downloading them from there.

Majanew

Banned
I really want to be able to change my PS4's background with a wallpaper I make. Let me connect to my PC and change the background, please.

Kemal86

Hopefully this will make the Share button actually record the last 15 minutes of video instead of whatever the fuck it feels like. Share has never properly recorded video for me in any game, ever, not even once.

breakfuss

added features are always good, of course. still waiting on dlna, mp3 tho...

8JHmJ78.jpg

Ha.

_hekk05

Banned
I though you were joking. Not, you're not. I think i've found my new hosting site (for the size limit tho, i swear!)

Gifs on pomf load faster for me than abload.de's. The site is pretty low key, but works well. Only problem is lack of albums and no multiple uploads at once i think.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
awesome.

now I only need Driveclub to use those features.

no, but seriously: awesome stuff.
finally share is useable for people without facebook and or twitter.

Mengetsu

This is all great news! All I need is to see my friends signing on/off pausing downloads and im golden. Was friends signing on and off in the PS3 when it launched?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
7zFKEJU.gif

Day 124 -

Do I dare dream? Will my torment be put to rest today? I can barely read the words on the press release as they keep filing with tears.

My isolation has been given a glimmer of hope and I must hold on to it like the most precious of memories. Please Sony, answer my prayers and make the voices go away.

Now, I must sleep and gather strength for the night....when they come.

Yours truly,

A glimmer of hope in PS4 Limbo

On the PNG requests, is anyone here savvy enough to tell us if encoding a PNG is faster/easier than encoding a jpeg?

It's possible that the screenshot function uses jpeg because it's the quickest way of taking the current frame of the game and encoding it to a file.

Azull

Finally HDCP off. I did buy a splitter a couple months back just because I couldn't wait but I can now tell my friend the good news!

On Demand

Banned
7zFKEJU.gif

Day 124 -

Do I dare dream? Will my torment be put to rest today? I can barely read the words on the press release as they keep filing with tears.

My isolation has been given a glimmer of hope and I must hold on to it like the most precious of memories. Please Sony, answer my prayers and make the voices go away.

Yours truly,

Looking forward to part 3 of your book.

omonimo

Banned
7zFKEJU.gif

Day 124 -

Yours truly,

Lol you are amazing.

SHADES

So for someone that's never done gameplay footage etc once 1.70 lands if I'm understanding this correctly depending on just how rich the editor is, I can now record gameplay & edit it, put up on YouTube via USB right, so I wouldn't need a capture card, am I understanding this right so far?

Or would just getting an elgato & using something like Sony Vegas still be the better option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom