• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 GAF. I need advice of what game should i play next.

butman

Very short. I have in my backlog these PS4 games:

- Dark Souls 2: SOTFS
- Dark Souls 3
- Divinity Original Sin EE
- The Talos Principle
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

My recently played games were:

PS4: Bloodborne NG+
DS: 999
PSX: Suikoden 1

I'm confused if must continue smashing with Souls games or change the genre drastically trying something else.

Please i need wise words from a foreign fresh mind.

Uncharted is a very good shout, a nice change of scene from bloodbourne. I actually played them both at the same time. Valkyria chronicles would also be a nice change of pace

I would recommend not playing Dark Souls straight after Bloodborne.

-To avoid fatigue
-So you won't be hopping in and falling back on Bloodborne habits, getting yourself into trouble (I had this issue with DS3 and there was quite a bit of space between me playing them). The biggest change is not getting health back by attacking lol

From your backlog I'd suggest Talos or Valkyria to have something totally different

JMY86

I would go with Divinity: Original Sin EE. Fantastic game, one of my favorite of the last few years.

Taruranto

- Dark Souls 3

Leave the DS series for now, since you just finished BB. May as well wait for DS3 DLC(s) to hit.

Best cRPG since New Vegas/Mask of the Betrayer. Best Battle System in a RPG since BG2. Tons of way to complete every quest.

The characters in your party don't get much stuff to do in term of story however and the plot, while it often TONS of role-play options and freedom, is not particularly deep. Itemization is kinda shitty.

Great game, but it takes a while to get going IMO. The beginning is kinda meh.

Very short. I have in my backlog these PS4 games:

- Dark Souls 3

- The Talos Principle

My recently played games were:

PS4: Bloodborne NG+
DS: 999
PSX: Suikoden 1

I'm confused if must continue smashing with Souls games or change the genre drastically trying something else.

Please i need wise words from a foreign fresh mind.

Blindly grab one and insert the disk.

You'll make a fine choice.

Don't know if you're into those types of games but maybe Ratchet and Clank? Excellent game and a break from the rest of the games on your backlog.

If you want something a little slower paced, go for VC. If you want something faster paced, definitely DkS3.

You can also chuck out those options and pick up Gravity Rush Remastered and play through that.

Corpekata

Banned
VC or Talos since they're not too long and provides a change of pace / breather before you move to clearing Dark Souls 2 off. Between 2 and 3 I'd play the other of Talos/VC or Divinity.

Take a break from Souls, they're great games but playing them back to back may lead to fatigue. I haven't played any of the other 3 in your backlog, but I'd say the Talos Principle may be the way to go since it is the most different. If none of those maybe check out Doom, Overwatch, or some other well received titles from recent memory.

bootski

man, if you have a buddy with Divinity i'd get on that. the coop is amazingly fun. the way the spell effects interact can be hilarious and the teamwork aspect is dope. can't recommend highly enough.

Top Bottom