• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 got a system software update to v4.01 (Stability update)

brawly

stable-006.jpg

underrated

joebruin

Was hoping for more what's new feed options. Needs to go back to showing more tiles per page. Compare the tablet and phone apps. The tablet version of what's new is what the console version would look like.

LordOfChaos

Every time Sony auto-pushes one of these, I come back to my PS4 going into the permanent blue blinking state when I try to turn it on. Holding the button for 10 seconds then rebooting is the only way to end it, and then after that I can see it "successfully" updated the software and I'm on the latest version. I just can't boot right into it from the get go after a new version. Weird.

This doesn't happen to anyone else?

Damn, three years of stability updates. Sony don't give a fuck about the san andreas fault. Fucking try it, California. I got that PS Quadruple.

No dont try it god damn it please.

Every time Sony auto-pushes one of these, I come back to my PS4 going into the permanent blue blinking state when I try to turn it on. Holding the button for 10 seconds then rebooting is the only way to end it, and then after that I can see it "successfully" updated the software and I'm on the latest version. I just can't boot right into it from the get go after a new version. Weird.

Go-to answer for stuff in that vein is usually to rebuild database. Already tried that?

i dont know if it was coincidence but this stupid update fucked up my download speeds and just the network performance overall

also a lot of fuckery going on with the XMB a lot of stutter, had to do a rebuild data base and it seems it got better but download speeds still sucks (just less) compared to the speeds i got when i fresh installed the firmware on my slim

Top Bottom