• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Launch Lineup Revealed

UrbanRats

As someone who also has a Gaming PC, that's not a super enticing list.
Final Fantasy 15, Gravity Rush 2 and Last guardian are the only things pushing me so far.

I need more first party titles, even old ones (Bloodborne for one) AT LEAST.

Wording on things like this has to be careful as to avoid forum warriors and legal nonsense...

The leaked documents from months and months ago said pro support for games after September or October of this year...and we don't (and will never) know what Sony communicates to developers behind closed doors...but publicly they are going to cover their asses and not make any blanket statements...there will probably be SOME exceptions to the rule over the lifetime of the console...so all they can commit to is first party titles

I was just about to say this! Sony can make policies for third party devs all day long, but at the end of the day they'll make decisions on a case-by-case basis. I doubt Sony wants to completely turn devs away from PS4 based on whether or not they'll optimize a game for the Pro.

any word on a pro patch for doom? i've had the game since release and haven't had time to play it yet. would love to see it get a pro update. it already looks stunning.

Frostburn

The lack of Bloodborne and Destiny makes me sad but at least I knew Destiny wasn't going to be on the list already (Bungie just cares about Destiny 2 at this point)

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
Have they confirmed what sort of benefits Battlefield 1 will be getting? All I've been able to find is that it is getting patched, but not what the actual benefits will be.

a stable 60 vs an unstable 55-30fps. Who has the advantage?

Situation: 2 people on regular PS4s are trying to shoot each other in Battlefield 1 64 player match. They are both facing each other. 1st player is facing empty part of the map and has 60fps. 2nd player is facing intense combat and has ~40fps. Who has the advantage and what is Sony supposed to do about it?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My Bloodborne peoples: the only way we'll get an improved Bloodborne is when it comes with a fucking 2 in front of it! Tis fact now.

nikos

Really hoping "before the end of the year" means Watch Dogs 2 and Final Fantasy XV launch with Pro support, since they release after the console.

platina

Either it will have an unlocked 60fps mode or e3 2014 visuals or cutscene quality graphics during gameplay. Very surprising it's 1440p.

Edit: Makes sense with the whole " Looking at other rendering modes."

Edit2:
We know that Uncharted 4 End of a thief will be optimized for the PlayStation 4 and Pro at a recent press event in London we could find out how the title Naughty Dog harnesses the power of the new Sony platform.

The last adventure of Nathan Drake will run at 30 fps on PlayStation 4 Pro, with a native resolution at 1440p, upscaled to 4K. Uncharted 4 End of a thief will be updated and optimized in time for the launch of PS4 Pro
This doesn't seem right.... I refuse to believe ND is only doing this

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really hoping "before the end of the year" means Watch Dogs 2 and Final Fantasy XV launch with Pro support, since they release after the console.

they already confirmed they would launch with pro support.

kyser73

They used both in the Presentation sizzle reel, and IIRC actually had a ~30s look at WD2, and it was also playable at the UK event.

So what's the feeling these days on getting a Pro if you have no intention of buying a 4K TV anytime soon? A nice bump in IQ is pretty enticing to me...

Agree with many here about a Doom patch. It's a gorgeous game, but hey, why not?

Very solid list, otherwise.

TLOU Remaster and UC4 are two that I'll definitely be replaying, but most of my interests for Pro are forward facing.

Oh...I'll also be jumping back into R&C just to have my socks knocked off.

random Q:

What are you guys doing with your old PS4s?

Gamestop offers $150 credit and $120 cash for them, while I'd hope to get closer to $200 for mine...

kyser73

random Q:

What are you guys doing with your old PS4s?

Gamestop offers $150 credit and $120 cash for them, while I'd hope to get closer to $200 for mine...

EB Games trade in - get the Pro for $359 AUD, plus obviously any trade-in games take some money off too.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Super curious to see/hear impressions of the difference in the VR games. DriveClub VR getting a patch is a nice surprise. Although I haven't yet braved it.

I don't see an official PS4 Hardware thread and don't wanna post a new thread with my questions so hopefully some people here can give me some help. I haven't followed what the different bundles or options for consoles are currently, I live overseas but I'm coming to the USA around late November if that makes a difference.

I am gonna be in the market for a PS4 this holiday season. I have never even seen an actual PS4 or played one besides at the shops, so I really don't know much about the console. I want to buy one mainly for The Last Guardian and Shenmue, but also wanna play a few other games I guess.

I have less than zero interest in Virtual Reality or Online Multiplayer. Really, if the main reason to buy PS4 Pro is because of VR...then I'll get the regular one.

I do not have a TV that can display 4K content and not in the market for one.

Money isn't really a big issue with regards to the console, but I want the best bang for my buck of course.

So taking into account the above, my questions are:

- What are the advantages of PS4 Pro over the regular one? Just resolution/framerate bump?
- What are the different bundles that are known already and pricing? It always seems Sony has a million different bundle options, add a new console to the mix and it's kind of overwhelming... but then again I haven't really looked into it yet. I've got no interest in FPS games so if there is a bundle with that I'll just sell it straight away.
- Can I use Twitch App without PS+ ?
- What does PS+ get me on PS4 besides online multiplayer and "free" and discounted games? I really won't play anything online or use Netflix and the like. Just wanna play a few games and potentially stream to Twitch.

- Are there any other games I should know about besides TLG and Shenmue, adventure and adventure RPG type games? I've played Last of US on PS3 and not super interested in the new Uncharted unless there is a console bundle or cheap deal for that game. I didn't like U3 very much.
- Any games like Renegade Ops (ps3/360 isometric action)? I've been out of the PS loop since PS3 era ended and it's hard to find games like that usually.
- Sidescrolling platformers or adventure games?
- Anything else I should know?

If there is a better thread for this kind of thing please link me, I couldn't find it using the search function.

just get a slim, if you are gonna be there around black friday then get it on black friday but if you arent then there are a couple of deals right now.

via target you can get 10% off (look for the thread about it) or wait till the 4th and 5th of november you will get a free COD: IW copy with the purchase of a PS4 Slim with participating retailers

also the defacto bundle is the PS4 Slim with Uncharted 4 for $300, you can find old models on sale but i hugely advice you to get the slim instead.

Hasney

a stable 60 vs an unstable 55-30fps. Who has the advantage?

At that point you're talking input lag having an effect. People buying better TVs and running in Game mode already have an advantage. If they're making a game that drops to 30 and is that unstable, I doubt pro would fix it to 60 anyway.

Would Yakuza 0 even count as exception? Yes, that game releases in the West next year, but technically that game is almost 2 years old already (March 2015 Release in JP).

In general I don't expect many pro-enhanced games from Japan, since most of them don't even take full advantage of the OG PS4... I don't expect the PS4 Version of Digimon World: Next Order to get a Pro patch for example.

Exactly why it won't get Pro support, but also why Sony is not going to say 'all games from this point on will receive Pro support'.

They're not going to count on common sense or specific knowledge about games like Yakuza being old and make false claims like that to the general public. That leads to lawsuits :)

Cool cant wai to see the improvements on battlefield 1. Already looked great on my xbox. Hoping for 1080p through out with something maybe comprable to pc high settings

antibolo

Banned
tumblr_nhew8cW9j41rrecxqo4_250.gif

Where is Bloodborne?

That list isn't complete without Bloodborne.

We already knew it wasn't coming.

Nesther

Getting native res in VR stuff like RIGS would be the highlight for me.

Otherwise, pretty stellar lineup. Holding off on finishing Mafia 3 and Deus Ex until it releases. And Skyrim should improve fairly too.

This is so exciting!! I already have all these games so can't wait to go back and see the beauty of it again. Not getting my pro yet but I'll definitely be getting it day and date with kingdom hearts 2.8 come on Nomura detail that pro mode

Getting native res in VR stuff like RIGS would be the highlight for me.

Otherwise, pretty stellar lineup. Holding off on finishing Mafia 3 and Deus Ex until it releases. And Skyrim should improve fairly too.

Maybe I should give Deus Ex another whirl with the Pro version. Hated it the first time around because I really disliked the gameplay and the performance/IQ was really rough too. With that aspect gone, at least I'll...

well fuck it I'll still hate the gameplay. Screw the whole thing.

Top Bottom