• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Mendrox

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

Omg external hdd support megaton.

External HDD Support
Upto 8tb

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

Does that also mean that we have 3D SBS VR videos now? Please.

bunkitz

FUCK YEAH EXTERNAL HDD

Don't have a spare 3.0, though... Guess I'll just have to buy a new one. Would prefer it over buying a new internal one anyway.

Purdy

Thank fuck for that, was considering upgrading mine recently but external will do beautifully. Good job Sony, although it took you way too long the fact you offer both internal and external expansion is fantastic.

Very nice!! I already have a 2TB installed, but could come in handy in the future.

3D BDs is very cool too, sucks that I can't play any blu-ray movies at all since I installed the new HDD and transferred all my data.

Please 3D sbs video support for PSVR!!1

nowhoney

This is a pretty fucking great update. I was just talking about external HDD support with a buddy the other day -- going to be sweet upgrading to a huge drive.

The other stuff's pretty cool too -- especially custom backgrounds and the updated quick menu. Awesome stuff.

EmiPrime

I kind of wish I had gone for a SSD instead of a SSHD now! 240GB SSD plus a large external hard drive would have been better. Oh well, I wasn't to know.

kadotsu

Banned
Simplified notification seems weird. I would prefer for Downloads to be completely decoupled from notifications in favor of a separate download manager with queue management, bandwidth limiting and scheduling.

Caayn

External HDD Support
Upto 8tb
Whoo, Sony has seen the light. Will the external drives be interchangeable between consoles like how the XB1 handles them, or will they be tied to the console that formatted them.

I wonder how the people who didn't want external support will react.
Pro has one on the back doesn't it?.
Correct, PS4 Pro has a rear USB port.

ch4fx_

This is the part where I ask for suggestions on which HDD to pick up? I know it has to be 3.0, but should I be looking for a particular brand?

jmaine_ph

They really seem to be tackling that list of features from the email. PSN name changes is like the last thing on that list correct?

MEGATON.

Although the lack of back USB ports in OG PS4s means my external HDD will have to hang out of the front... Plus my ports are already occupied by the headset adapter and the brook adapter...

Top Bottom