• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UK/EU - Walk into a store and pick it up?

Siegmeyer

Austrian here, I'm about to cry:

- My first preorder from June got cancelled because the store where I ordered screwed up
- Received one from amazon.com on Monday after the US launch - Blue Light of Death
- Now it's sold out EVERYWHERE, with new stock arriving in February

Ouch, that's brutal. Sorry for your loss.

J2d

Didn't get one but didn't feel too bad about it since I didn't feel like picking up anything outside of Killzone and resogun for the next four months, maybe by the time I get one Battlefield will be running ok.

Moonstone

German 80k city, let's say between 3rd and 5th biggest electronics store here:
ib2tlQ3O8pfUGH.gif

Reports indicate that the same happened in all Saturns and Mediamarkts. Laptops were smashed, people pushed down.

Mediamarkt Innsbruck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6z5VP76Otw

Ashes

Banned
I checked surrey quay games store. They only had 4 additional ps4s this morning - the rest were preorder stock.

Just walked into the electronics department of a local chain and looked for an employee.

Finally, when I found one I went towards him and before i could say anything, he just smiled at me and said "No, we don't have any PS4s."

I laughed, thanked him and said my goodbyes. Seems like I wasn't the only one.

Just 24 more days and my Killzone Mega Bundle might be here... oh well.

Muppety

Edit: Ashes1396 has snapped this up now!

Since Vitor711 has had his Amazon order completely sorted, I still may be able to help out someone still looking for one. I should clarify that the GAME is in West London (Hounslow, specifically).

Still waiting on my own to be delivered, but as soon as it does, I can be out to meet someone still looking for one living nearby.

This seems like a good a place as any to put this - is there anybody living in or near London still looking for the console on day one? I've got the mega/player bundle from Shopto (still waiting for it to change to processed!), so I no longer need the preorder I had at my local GAME, which is for the Killzone bundle. I think it's £400 there, but the deposit slip will take off £20.

Only looking to pass this on to someone else, I don't need anything for it.

Pennywise

It's worse, French are generally a lot less disciplined :p

Nah, there is no discipline.
It's fucking stupid not to hand out tickets with numbers and just let every one act like an animal...

Still suprised so many people didn't preorder..

Vizzeh

Banned
Some store's where definitely holding stock back.. dont think its fair as they are excluded from pre order customers who have to wait. Its a % going to the shelves

Pennywise

Since Vitor711 has had his Amazon order completely sorted, I still may be able to help out someone still looking for one. I should clarify that the GAME is in West London (Hounslow, specifically).

Still waiting on my own to be delivered, but as soon as it does, I can be out to meet someone still looking for one living nearby.

SmokyDave was still looking for one, but I've got no idea where exactly he lives :x

Paz

My brother tried for 6 hours today to find a local (Gold Coast, Australia) store that would sell stock, didn't happen. Sold out of initial shipment, second shipment mid-dec at some stores is more than fully allocated to pre orders (although one chain was still taking orders suggesting if you ordered soon you could get in), the big retail chains are suggesting feb or march if you pre order now.

Insanity, total insanity.

SmokyDave

SmokyDave was still looking for one, but I've got no idea where exactly he lives :x
Muppety was kind enough to PM me, but I'm miles away from London.

Luckily, I seem to have secured a FIFA bundle from Argos and a FIFA / NFS / BF4 bundle from GAME. I'm going to open whichever arrives first and then sell the other one on at cost. Assuming both actually arrive that is.

It's ok to hate Dave, you have my permission. ;)
I'll reserve my hatred until Monday. In the event that both my orders are cancelled, I shall hate with the force of a thousand scorned gamers :)

Ashes

Banned

I can be there if you are still offering.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ok, here is the recap from our hunters (we are getting PS4 on 29.1.2014)
- Two people managed to get one in Trieste. Apparently quite disciplined crowd
- At least foru people got lucky in Austria. Two are injured, when store opened it turned into complete chaos

Several smaller retailers got their stock in Italy/Austria and rised prices to over 500 €.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Gosh some of those vids are crazy. Surely they could handle free stock better than that? Give a ticket to people queuing outside or something?

Meanwhile there is a PS4 waiting for me at my local GameStop and I'm hesitating on picking it up :/ Have until the end of tomorrow to get it but work + travel + backlog...I dunno.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Gosh some of those vids are crazy. Surely they could handle free stock better than that? Give a ticket to people queuing outside or something?

Meanwhile there is a PS4 waiting for me at my local GameStop and I'm hesitating on picking it up :/ Have until the end of tomorrow to get it but work + travel + backlog...I dunno.
Everything here in the UK has sounded orderly in comparison. Tickets and all. Typical Britain!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

My job requires me to travel a lot and I feel like the PS4 will help with that. It's easy to transport and the Vita can act as a fallback screen if the hotel TV doesn't allow HDMI. ;-)

Novak

My friend is in London for next week or two.
He works near Tottenham court road station.
He is not gamer and doesnt have much time so i am looking for suggestions few nearby places i could send him to look for ps4.

Tnx

I love this thread. I wish everyone that did not preorder all the luck in the world getting one! (Currently waiting for the delivery guy to deliver my system, two more hours:)

Top Bottom