• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UK/EU - Walk into a store and pick it up?

NHale

Story from one of the biggest 5 retail shops in Portugal:

I went to pick up my preorder today at 10.30am. This store is very big and central in Lisbon so Sony sent them 100 KZ:SF bundles for non-preorders.

They started selling them at midnight and today when I arrived there was only 20 left. I was there 15 minutes waiting for my turn and they sold 5 preorders and 10 KZ:SF bundles for non-preorders. Completely insane since it's working hours and a school day, the rest of the consoles were probably sold until 12pm.

They are almost sold-out of controllers (only had 5), COD:Ghosts and FIFA 14 were sold out, KZ:SF had 5 copies left, BF4 had 20 and Knack around 50 (lol).

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yup. Reserving started here in Ireland at like 6:40am or something random and there was a half hour window when you had a chance of getting one before they all got taken.

I gave the website a check at midnight last night but I guess I was a sucker.
Yes I checked at Midnight too, was gonna be my backup in case John Lewis failed.

Bydobob

Chap behind me at CEX Rathbone Place was after a PS4 and was told they would be getting a couple in later today, "after testing". When asking about the price he was told £500! Still, might be useful for someone.

I was looking to buy Super Mario 3D World (have stuff to trade in) but it was as if no-one had heard of it. I had to point out to staff that 'Land' and 'World' were different games.

lefantome

do you think the chains will receive new shipments tomorrow?
someone said so here, but in my area nobody knew nothing(or they didn't tell me)

quarkist

Neo Member
I didn't pre-order PS4. I went out to grab one today but all sold out, no where to find :( The reason was limited stock and high demand than expected. I live in a small city and didn't expect people will be queuing out to buy or to get their pre ordered a console. Pretty crazy!!!

Thanks. They were sold out of just the console on it's own, but I nabbed a bundle for £529.99

PS4
Fifa 14
Battlefield 4
Need for Speed: Rivals
Starter Pack (headset, stand, and dual controller charging station)

Hoping I can sell the extras at cost, or close.

EDIT: I see you edited your post. Might still be worth mentioning (it was game.co.uk), in case others don't mind a bundle.

IHaveIce

Banned
Police had to step in in one of my local mediamarkts here in Germany

Next big city also couldn't give out all preorders, only for people who preordered prior to August.

Next stock refill in late January. Holy hell

Just rang up the GAME in Cambridge to see if they have any bundles going.

They do, but they start at £800!

I'm really curious to know what that comes with. My guess is a Vita, and a fuckload of games/accessories for both systems.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This launch reminds me of ps2 and before that n64. Like even finding an accessory is like finding a golden nugget. I remember my dad going out in a snowstorm to get an n64 rf adapter on Christmas Day. And finally calling at like 3 pm that he found one in like the store room of a walden books or something absolutely ridiculous.

Sony gon roll.

Novak

Author did not cited where he was in Graz, I will ask him

Nope, Slovenia here.

Strange. I thought Slovenia gets PS4 today. I see on forums that bunch of Croatians ordered from Slovenia because of that.

That was in Murpark shopping centre in Graz, Seiserberg opening went much more peacefully

I dont know about that one. I was trying to visualize chaos in Seiserberg MediaMarkt since the console section is all the way in the back of the shop :)

Thanks. They were sold out of just the console on it's own, but I nabbed a bundle for £529.99

PS4
Fifa 14
Battlefield 4
Need for Speed: Rivals
Starter Pack (headset, stand, and dual controller charging station)

Hoping I can sell the extras at cost, or close.

EDIT: I see you edited your post. Might still be worth mentioning (it was game.co.uk), in case others don't mind a bundle.

Sorry - i got told it was out of stock as website wasn't up to date - I might have been misinformed

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4/?cm_sp=TopNav-_-PS4-_-PS4Console

Just in case anyone wants to try it though

Game still have the £579.99 bundle in stock if anyone's interested.

Just forwarded that deal to a friend, not ideal though but you could probably sell the games for at least £160 or thereabouts bringing the price closer to the £400 mark...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Strange. I thought Slovenia gets PS4 today. I see on forums that bunch of Croatians ordered from Slovenia because of that.

Well, we were planned for 15th December with Hungary, but Sony changed his mind and moved us into Slavic brotherhood 2014 pack :p

Several smaller retailers like Gameworld promised consoles for launch day (I know that several Croatians ordered there) but as it seems they ended empty handed. They were accusing Sony for blocking their distributor, but I think that they just screwed up themselves.

Alienous

Game still have the £579.99 bundle in stock if anyone's interested.

Just forwarded that deal to a friend, not ideal though but you could probably sell the games for at least £160 or thereabouts bringing the price closer to the £400 mark...

SimplyGames still has PS4s ... with PS Vita's attached, for £520. Available for order.

They're pretty reliable with delivery. So if you wanted to get a PS Vita, and you want a PS4, this might be your opportunity.

SimplyGames still has PS4s ... with PS Vita's attached, for £520. Available for order.

They're pretty reliable with delivery. So if you wanted to get a PS Vita, and you want a PS4, this might be your opportunity.

That's essentially £170 for a Vita. Absolute ripoff. I bought a big bundle from GAME for £530, but at least everything worked out at cost price.

Only one bundle remaining at the store I preordered at.

£650 for:

An opened PS4
COD: Ghosts or Killzone
another game except one of the above
An extra DS4
The Camera
Game charger/headset/cable shite

I think I preordered at the wrong store...

CEX seem to have swamped with PS4s. So many in fact that they've dropped the price they are paying for them to £400 and dropped the sale price by £10...

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB001#.UpjggOIXfWH

This pleases me greatly. I just hope Sony are able to get stock into stores as quickly as possible so they end up lumbered with all of them...Despicable fuckers for thinking they could get away with charging almost £200 more than RRP...(their X1 price is pretty disgusting too...)

Rich!

CEX seem to have swamped with PS4s. So many in fact that they've dropped the price they are paying for them to £400 and dropped the sale price by £10...

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB001#.UpjggOIXfWH

This pleases me greatly. I just hope Sony are able to get stock into stores as quickly as possible so they end up lumbered with all of them...Despicable fuckers for thinking they could get away with charging almost £200 more than RRP...(their X1 price is pretty disgusting too...)

Yeah. I went in earlier to buy Killzone, as I had some stuff to trade in (and come on, their trade in prices are good) and they had four XBones right there. for like, £575 each.

fucking ridiculous. Also, when I asked for Killzone on the PS4, the guy at the counter asked me if I wanted to buy a PS4. I simply said, no, I got a brand new one at Tesco last night for almost half the price.

wizzbang

Banned
A small portion of Aussies managed to score over the counter consoles at Dick Smith in Australia -seems only Sydney outlets. Kind of frustrating for pre-order people still at the back of the list though.

Ashes

Banned
Thanks to Muppety I now have a ps4. Woot!
He had a preorder with game but his shopto order came through. So he gave up his Game preorder. Cheers mate.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
A small portion of Aussies managed to score over the counter consoles at Dick Smith in Australia -seems only Sydney outlets. Kind of frustrating for pre-order people still at the back of the list though.

Went for a look today, nothing anywhere. Got excited in Big W cause they had a heap of display boxes all over the place... nope.

Don't know how much stock Australia got but it cant have been much. Places aren't even advertising it really except to say pre-order for January.

Bishop89

Went for a look today, nothing anywhere. Got excited in Big W cause they had a heap of display boxes all over the place... nope.

Don't know how much stock Australia got but it cant have been much. Places aren't even advertising it really except to say pre-order for January.

ye its crazy.

I mean i get that there is no stock left, so no point to advertise to customers something they cant buy right now, but they could try and bring them into the store :/

at a couple jbs I go to, they had xbone posters outside and not anything related to ps4 (on launch day)

Curufinwe

This launch reminds me of ps2 and before that n64. Like even finding an accessory is like finding a golden nugget. I remember my dad going out in a snowstorm to get an n64 rf adapter on Christmas Day. And finally calling at like 3 pm that he found one in like the store room of a walden books or something absolutely ridiculous.

Sony gon roll.

My local Best Buy had no PS4s but a hundred DS4s.

jonno394

Any news on resupply for either console in the UK?

Thinking January maybe.

There'll definitely be more between now and christmas, but the fact is, most of them have probably already been reserved. My local GAME told me they have reservations up until end of jan. Amazon are saying if you order now you won't get until Jan etc. The demand is far outstripping the supply and that's with Sony sending 300k consoles (apparently to the UK for launch)

My local CEX had a PS4 Killzone bundle box behind the counter for £520, which is the same cost as they are charging for the 3 solus consoles they have in stock, wonder if they're selling the game seperately the bastards?.

edit - 635 consoles online at CEX, they're not gonna move them at the price they're asking

Top Bottom