• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

Reule

Have you tried rebuilding your database? I had that happen to me too and I did the rebuild database thing and it fixed it.

If you already have tried it: sorry!
I have, no dice. Girlfriend's PS4 does the same thing. It actually fixed itself one time after not having played it for a week then they disappeared once I started playing regularly.

I agree we need a better way of managing our libraries, but folders are kinda 20th Century. I'd much prefer a keyword system. I should be able to tag Resogun as SHMUP, SciFi, and Graphics, and have all of those terms appear in a filter menu, just like you filter by genre or whatever in the Store today. Filtering for SHMUP should show me Resogun and Geometry Wars, while filtering for Graphics should show me Resogun and Driveclub. Bonus points if I can filter for multiple keywords simultaneously, allowing me to see only my turn-based, sci-fi RPGs, or whatever.

Also, we should be able to get to the Filter and Sort menus with L2/R2, just like we can in the Store.

Lastly, I think devs should be able to assign their own tags to games which are then inherited locally when you install, but are still freely editable by the user. Oh, tagging should be done per-user, obviously.

Jesus Christ, no. That sounds like a gigantic unmanageable clusterfuck.

What? It would literally offer all the features of folders and more. You could just not use everything it offers and it would be the exact same as folders. :/

No, it would be like hashtagging my games with useless bullshit and just add extra steps to find what I want. No thanks.

#swag #YOLO

Hexa

No, it would be like hashtagging my games with useless bullshit and just add extra steps to find what I want. No thanks.

#swag #YOLO

It literally would be no different if you just used one tag per game. Like literally system wise absolutely no difference. The only difference would be you could have the same game in multiple 'folders' if that's what you wanted. You could just pin the 'filters' to the home screen. Even put a folder icon if it makes you feel better.

Blanquito

I have, no dice. Girlfriend's PS4 does the same thing. It actually fixed itself one time after not having played it for a week then they disappeared once I started playing regularly.

Darn. Are both ps4s on the same Wi-Fi? If they are, wonder if it's a routing issue?

Top Bottom