• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

foxbeldin

A friend of mine is having troubles with the mixamp on his ps4 with his BeyerDynamics MMX300 headset. The microphone is 'saturated and far'. It seems it's an issue with many third party headsets.

It looks like this update could fix the issue (around 6:35 in the vid).

Can any of you confirm it?

Thanks.

It never works right for me and many others (just Google it). For example, every time I have shut down Ori, when I come back later the game just flashes between a black screen and gameplay. It can only be corrected by quitting the game and restarting it. I have had similar results (missing sound or video or both) with FH2, and SO, nearly everytime I have shut down while the game is running and tried to resume. To me, that's broken.
Yup. That sounds broken to me.

Hopefully PS4 suspend/resume works like the vita's. Which works flawlessly.

GnawtyDog

Banned
It never works right for me and many others (just Google it). For example, every time I have shut down Ori, when I come back later the game just flashes between a black screen and gameplay. It can only be corrected by quitting the game and restarting it. I have had similar results (missing sound or video or both) with FH2, and SO, nearly everytime I have shut down while the game is running and tried to resume. To me, that's broken.

Whoa... I hate, I absolutely hate hard resets. Still remember the PS3 BF hard resets - annoying as hell. Haven't had one on PS4 to date - thank god for the way errors are handled this gen - at least on PS4.

Andrefpvs

Ah, rats. I was hoping the picture gets attached permanently when you upload the trophy. Thanks for the info.

Me too, I use my trophies as a way to keep a journal of the games I play, and having the screenshots permanently attached to my trophies would be an amazing way to come back and remember not only when I did it, but how I did it.
Time to start bugging Sony about this, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for confirming, kaiyo.

What I want to know is when will we be able to delete old notifications (i.e. friend requests, recent trophies earned)? You can do it on Vita, why not PS4? It's a minor annoyance, nothing terrible, but still something that should not exist nonetheless. I can see this being especially annoying for someone who gets a lot of friend requests or earns a lot of trophies.

androvsky

What I want to know is when will we be able to delete old notifications (i.e. friend requests, recent trophies earned)? You can do it on Vita, why not PS4? It's a minor annoyance, nothing terrible, but still something that should not exist nonetheless. I can see this being especially annoying for someone who gets a lot of friend requests or earns a lot of trophies.
Are you talking about the ones in the new category? You can mark those as read; you can't the regular notifications, but those don't show as unread in the main menu.

On Demand

Banned
People who have the update, does the store function the same in the new location? I see it says start under the icon. Is it an app now and needs to load, or is it still seamless?

I don't understand anything the firmware team does. It's perfect where it is now. I wonder how else they're going to make UI worse with future updates.

People who have the update, does the store function the same in the new location? I see it says start under the icon. Is it an app now and needs to load, or is it still seamless?

I don't understand anything the firmware team does. It's perfect where it is now. I wonder how else they're going to make UI worse with future updates.

It's exactly the same as it was before, just in the new location.

Are you talking about the ones in the new category? You can mark those as read; you can't the regular notifications, but those don't show as unread in the main menu.

The regular notifications. There's always one that remains, that gets replaced by something else. Right now it's a notification of an Order: 1886 trophy, the next trophy I earn will replace it or if I get a friend request it will replace it. It's annoying that they can't be deleted.

driver116

I'm obsessed with UI design in software and can it is great improvement in my eyes.

driver116

Isn't it still marked as in 'beta' in the settings?

Possibly a stupid question, now that we can back up our data to an external hardrives when upgrading ( if it comes in this update) we don't have to manually back up our saves anymore because we backed up all the content anyway?

foxbeldin

Possibly a stupid question, now that we can back up our data to an external hardrives when upgrading ( if it comes in this update) we don't have to manually back up our saves anymore because we backed up all the content anyway?

I think i read somewhere that you couldn't pick what you wanted to backup or restore. So while saves are probably a part of the backup, using this often could be painful.
It's just meant to help with hdd swapping.

If it's anything like how it's done on PS3 where you back up and then restore everything then I don't have an issue with that. My other worry is the transfer time. I don't know if it's related but when copying SHARE footage to an external HDD or USB drive, the transfer speed is extremely slow, like 1-3MB/s.

Vashetti

Banned
If it's anything like how it's done on PS3 where you back up and then restore everything then I don't have an issue with that. My other worry is the transfer time. I don't know if it's related but when copying SHARE footage to an external HDD or USB drive, the transfer speed is extremely slow, like 1-3MB/s.

Use a USB 3.0 connection.

plainr_

I was using a USB 3.0 drive ( not portable HDD) I've also tried my WD portable HDD which is 2.0 and it didn't make any differnce. I get around 40MB/s copying stuff from my computer using that.

Transfer speeds are terrible on PS4. I tried everything. USB 3.0, USB 3.0 with UASP, external SSD's, etc...

gruenel

Transfer speeds are terrible on PS4. I tried everything. USB 3.0, USB 3.0 with UASP, external SSD's, etc...

Yup. Copying a 12MB save to my USB stick takes upwards of 20 seconds.

I can transfer files from my MBP to this USB stick with more than 10MB/s.

Something's very wrong there.

plainr_

plainr_
Are you referring to share content copying to a drive?

Yes.

EDIT: Wow. I did some testing with transfer speeds just now in the 2.50 beta firmware. It seems to be transferring at a much faster rate now compared to the previous firmware. I transferred a 600MB video clip to a USB 3.0 hard drive (exFAT) within 10 seconds. I have never seen it go this fast before.

gruenel

Yes.

EDIT: Wow. I did some testing with transfer speeds just now in the 2.50 beta firmware. It seems to be transferring at full speeds now. I transferred a 600MB video clip to a USB 3.0 hard drive (exFAT) within 10 seconds. I have never seen it go this fast before.

That sounds promising, thanks for the info.

Yes.

EDIT: Wow. I did some testing with transfer speeds just now in the 2.50 beta firmware. It seems to be transferring at full speeds now. I transferred a 600MB video clip to a USB 3.0 hard drive (exFAT) within 10 seconds. I have never seen it go this fast before.

That's good to hear. I recently was backing up my save data and for some reason my LPB3 data took nearly hour to copy.

eshwaaz

That happens to me with Ori as well, but it's worked just fine with every other game so far.

Yes.

EDIT: Wow. I did some testing with transfer speeds just now in the 2.50 beta firmware. It seems to be transferring at a much faster rate now compared to the previous firmware. I transferred a 600MB video clip to a USB 3.0 hard drive (exFAT) within 10 seconds. I have never seen it go this fast before.

Maybe they improved it due to the backup feature they added

Chesskid1

Banned
i've been using it about a week now.

really in love with it. i have a game running 24/7. i've noticed some slowdown in the various ps4 menus after a game is suspended a while but very rarely. perhaps it'll be gone in the nonbeta version.

suspend/resume is obviously very awesome, especially games like last of us/gtav with long load times. even games with short load times (such as the swapper) it's really nice because i get stuck a bunch trying to figure out a puzzle so jumping in and out of game in like 10 seconds really helps me not quit the game.

i really like screenshots taken for every time i earn a trophy. it's kind of a useless feature b/c most screenshots look weird (ie on a menu) but still pretty nice to have. perhaps in the future game devs will make sure it takes screenshots during a cool moment.

this is a pretty megaton update IMO. after they add mkv support + release a remote + better game library organizing i'm completely satisfied with the OS.

also i remember complaining about the store icon being moved when i first saw it, but now i really like it, heh.

still some downloading update problems. turned on my ps4 out of suspend then it started downloading a DA:I patch instead of it being already ready. annoying.

really in love with it. i have a game running 24/7. i've noticed some slowdown in the various ps4 menus while a game is suspended but very rarely. perhaps it'll be gone in the nonbeta version.

suspend/resume is obviously very awesome, especially games like last of us/gtav with long load times. even games with short load times (such as the swapper) it's really nice because i get stuck a bunch trying to figure out a puzzle so jumping in and out of game in like 10 seconds really helps me not quit the game.

i really like screenshots taken for every time i earn a trophy. it's kind of a useless feature b/c most screenshots look weird (ie on a menu) but still pretty nice to have. perhaps in the future game devs will make sure it takes screenshots during a cool moment.

this is a pretty megaton update IMO. after they add mkv support + release a remote + better game library organizing i'm completely satisfied with the OS.

also i remember complaining about the store icon being moved when i first saw it, but now i really like it, heh.
yeah, I just want some video playback and folders. Putting up my own wallpaper would be nice too. That about rounds out my list. Tks for the impressions.

Andrefpvs

In addition to this, I hope they eventually save those screenshots on their servers. It would be neat to have the moment I get the trophies permanently attached to my account :)

Shin-Ra

really in love with it. i have a game running 24/7. i've noticed some slowdown in the various ps4 menus after a game is suspended a while but very rarely. perhaps it'll be gone in the nonbeta version.
This happens rarely in 2.40 but it hasn't bothered me enough yet to test possible causes like if the game's under heavy/light stress when putting it into the background.

Top Bottom