• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

RE_Player

I wonder how broken Suspend/Resume will be. After the last update I'll probably wait a day or two just in case they haven't fixed all the bugs.

Foxix Von

Best part of the update for me.

rHOCdq7.png

Uploading a clip and only being able to hear your own voice on it sucks. Everyone needs to allow this!

Holy crap this is amazing.

TBH there have been some times when I instinctively searched for the Store on the left only to realize that I first have to go to the upper row.
I think it's fair game to put their main income source and our source of games/demos etc. a bit more in the spotlight and from what I've seen it won't interfere with anything.

nemisis0

I just found out that people are able to download the 2.50 beta by somekind of proxy server trick or something, tempted but don't want my PS4 running into any problems with type 0 and ff15 around the corner.

Edit: never mind someone already mentioned it a page back.

On Demand

Banned
Anyone notice live from playstation streams dropped in quality? They use to be much more clear than what i'm seeing now.

Maby It's on my end.

sujay

I think we're not syncing up. When I go to friends, before I press the button for it show my currently online friends I see what three of them are doing.

If you're seeing your friends playing apps like Netflix, they're likely on PS3. It doesn't broadcast app status on PS4.

@Pestilence11: it bothers me too

WeTeHa

I mean in the friends list. Not when you go in and check their recent activities.

It already does that. Just today i hovered over the friend list icon and one of the three said "Netflix".

Edit: Oh, that's only for people online with a PS3? Well, that's unfortunate.

On Demand

Banned
Sony...let us be able to navigate the dashboard with touchpad. Same thing when we hover over the friends icon. Moving up and down would be nice. That preview makes no sense.

Chesskid1

Banned
i can conform the proxy trick works to download the beta. the US method is kinda weird though, i had to check ps4 reddit for a fix.

i'm using the beta now even though i'm not supposed to.

resume/suspend hnnnnng

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any chance of us getting external HD support like Xbox ?

I don't know why I never thought of that... but it would be awesome. Perfect spot for it.

i don't understand why they don't just start you in the middle somewhere with store and whatever off to the left, games/apps to the right. even the XMB didn't launch the user all the way over to the right or left

Mengetsu

i can conform the proxy trick works to download the beta. the US method is kinda weird though, i had to check reddit for a fix.

resume/suspend hnnnnng
Brave soul. I want to try but im afraid of getting banned :/

Darknight

Brave soul. I want to try but im afraid of getting banned :/

Dont think Sony would ban you but they will keep track of your system/psn id and maybe blacklist you for say future contests and such. I felt i read something like this here.

They have a list of the "MVPs" with access so they can compare those to the say influx of IPs getting into the beta.

Honestly they must be waiting until the Music Unlimited thing ends so they can push the FW with the Spotify update so its within 2 weeks Im guessing. If I were you, i'd be patient. Cant even take advantage of 60FPS streaming yet.

FranXico

Honestly they must be waiting until the Music Unlimited thing ends so they can push the FW with the Spotify update so its within 2 weeks Im guessing. If I were you, i'd be patient. Cant even take advantage of 60FPS streaming yet.

I hope that 2.50 takes care of this as well, even if it means coming out early April.
What I am wondering is how would the free version of the service work (since it has ads).

Andrefpvs

i can conform the proxy trick works to download the beta. the US method is kinda weird though, i had to check ps4 reddit for a fix.

resume/suspend hnnnnng

Can you please tell me if trophy screenshots stay in your trophy list even if you delete the screenshot from your system? This is strangely important to me.

I'll take a PM. Thanks ;)

Withnail

It is running on 3 or 8 Watts (depending on if you have USB charging activated) in suspend mode, so I highly doubt that.

Those numbers were before suspend/resume. It's possible the power consumption has gone up since it's keeping the GDDR5 refreshed.

DieH@rd

Banned
Those numbers were before suspend/resume. It's possible the power consumption has gone up since it's keeping the GDDR5 refreshed.

Yeah, but refresh does not need to be performed while and APU GDDR5 is running at fast clock speeds. Even 1MHz is too much for just keeping ones and zeroes alive.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This feature is broken on Xbox One, I'd be surprised if Sony can make it work any better.

McSpidey

I see it warns if you use High Framerate shareplay local video recording gets disabled. I'm guessing this means it can't do 60fps video recording, probably because of HDD bandwidth I guess. But if anyone on the beta could test that would be cool.

GeoramA

First thing I'm going to do is invert the color. That looks so sexy.

I really hope we get 2.5 this week. Two big RPGs coming (Type-0 and Bloodborne) and S/R will come in handy.

plainr_

resume/suspend hnnnnng

Can you link me to the fix on reddit?

RedAssedApe

Banned
This is likely the answer. It's getting harder to find people streaming at the highest quality.

Yep. A majority of streamers are on standard Internet plans with low upload bandwidth. It doesn't help that they are streaming and trying to play online with their 1-2Mbps connections.

Hope they add a HD sorting option. I don't know how some of these streams have so many viewers when their stream quality is garbage.

Chesskid1

Banned
Can you link me to the fix on reddit?

http://wololo.net/2015/03/15/do-you...-2-50-right-now-skfu-can-grant-you-this-wish/

just read through the comments, link to reddit + someone posted the guide there as well. (for US)

i can help you as well if you need it, it's really easy but those guides aren't really explained that well.

it's pretty much running a program on your PC that gives you an IP, set your ps4 to connect to that proxy IP, then that program will redirect/tricks your ps4 to download the beta update instead of the official update.

that's it.

Would Sony ban anybody who uses the proxy to get the Beta FW? I really wanna give it a spin but not if they will ban me. Too many digital games

I don't see why they would. Its just getting it from their official servers right?

Dragun619

Best part of the update for me.

rHOCdq7.png

Uploading a clip and only being able to hear your own voice on it sucks. Everyone needs to allow this!

Aw shit, this is what I really wanted. Though me and friends already struggled and completed both destiny raids, this will be so good when I use this for the next one. Haha.

here is a tweet from Sony Enteratainment Network about an annoucement for Playstation Music (of which Spotify will be apart of) coming later this month

https://twitter.com/SonyEntNet/status/575687647328268288

From brief observations resume time can vary depending on various things like disc vs digital and if media app is running in background along side game (GTA5 disc with Netflix was loaded in that previous video)

Here is digital Saints Row 4 with no Apps in background

https://youtu.be/4a357rsRKYU

Very slick and quick. I like this a lot, and even ran I to a situation earlier today where this would have come in handy.

Top Bottom