• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Yes! Before, you would have to start livestreaming for the option to appear. I have been wanting this feature for so long!
Awesome!! It always seemed stupid not having voices/parties recorded on the internal recording that's half the fun of what's going on 😁

Mastperf

Yep. A majority of streamers are on standard Internet plans with low upload bandwidth. It doesn't help that they are streaming and trying to play online with their 1-2Mbps connections.

Hope they add a HD sorting option. I don't know how some of these streams have so many viewers when their stream quality is garbage.
One streamer told me that unless you're partnered with Twitch, your stream doesn't lower the quality for those with less bandwidth while maintaining full quality for others. He said those without enough bandwidth wouldn't be able to view those non-partnered streams thus forcing streamers to stream in lower quality. I'm not sure how common it is but it certainly lowers the choices for those with ample bandwidth.

AlexIIDX

e7KNzI1.jpg

What is that info bar across the top?

Audioboxer

『Inaba Resident』;156069058 said:
Tempted to get the beta but I'm extremely hesitant.
I feel like you could get banned for doing it.

Seriously doubt it.

Even on an MVPs PS4 their family/friends can login and their account would be showing logged into 2.50. There is no way Sony could ban PSN accounts just for using the 2.50 beta. Also while unlikely what if an MVP trades in his/her PS4 to a Game shop just now with 2.50 beta 1? There's too many variables out there that prevent banning.

The share menu is really nice and organized now. It now tells you what services you can upload content and such. Really nice feel and flow to it now.

So I ended up installing it and it works perfectly so far. There's even an option to postpone installation of updates while in standby, to prevent suspended games from being reset (which has been my primary complaint with suspend/resume on the Xbox).
In other words: a year and change late and Sony is already doing it better (you have to turn off instant-on function entirely to do this on Xbone). Kudos, Sony.

As for the movement of the Store icon, I'm certain it's because they want to utilize a LiveArea for it with promotions and such.

driver116

There's even an option to postpone installation of updates while in standby, to prevent suspended games from being reset (which has been my primary complaint with suspend/resume on the Xbox).
In other words: a year and change late and Sony is already doing it better (you have to turn off instant-on function entirely to do this on Xbone). Kudos, Sony.

Very nice.

Also, we need more colours for the standard theme!!

Just_one

So I ended up installing it and it works perfectly so far. There's even an option to postpone installation of updates while in standby, to prevent suspended games from being reset (which has been my primary complaint with suspend/resume on the Xbox).

As for the movement of the Store icon, I'm certain it's because they want to utilize a LiveArea for it with promotions and such.

Can you confirm the following items about trophy section please :

1 - Delete PS3/PS VITA games with 0%
2 - Organize games by console
3 - Delete games with 1& to 5%

Alpende

Is there a way to sort trophies by obtained and not obtained? I sometimes have lists where there is a locked trophies somewhere in the middle.

Vashetti

Banned
Are there any sorting options added for trophies? Like sort by %?

I haven't actually installed the update, but I know what I said above is true.

This is from the patch notes though:

[Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.

Just_one

bah

being able to organize them by console would be great add that to being able to delete games with 0% and you got the perfect combination for huge trophy lists like mine

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I got the beta through that proxy trick, and yeah, Susped/Resume worked flawlessly in few games I tried it with so far.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can you explain how it's broken?

It never works right for me and many others (just Google it). For example, every time I have shut down Ori, when I come back later the game just flashes between a black screen and gameplay. It can only be corrected by quitting the game and restarting it. I have had similar results (missing sound or video or both) with FH2, and SO, nearly everytime I have shut down while the game is running and tried to resume. To me, that's broken.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Does anyone know how the button remapping feature will affect playing Japanese games on an NA system? On PS3 it was a pain because some games (ryu ga gotoku 5) would display O to confirm but you actually needed to press X due to the system region, and others would use the OS for saving/loading meaning they were the opposite of what the actual game used.

Will this let me set O - confirm and X - cancel on an OS level only or will it end up causing the same problem in reverse for Japanese games?

kaiyo

Does anyone know how the button remapping feature will affect playing Japanese games on an NA system? On PS3 it was a pain because some games (ryu ga gotoku 5) would display O to confirm but you actually needed to press X due to the system region, and others would use the OS for saving/loading meaning they were the opposite of what the actual game used.

Will this let me set O - confirm and X - cancel on an OS level only or will it end up causing the same problem in reverse for Japanese games?

It also swaps it in game. So X becomes confirm and O cancels in Japanese games, and then everything else is O is confirm and X is cancel (and the OS menus still shows X as confirm/enter and O as cancel/back).

Kyoufu

Japanese games on PS4 are all O - Confirm and X - Cancel regardless of your console region so if you want it to stay that way then don't remap anything.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
It also swaps it in game. So X becomes confirm and O cancels in Japanese games, and then everything else is O is confirm and X is cancel (and the OS menus still shows X as confirm/enter and O as cancel/back).

ugh, so close yet so far. i was about to run out and get a ps4 right now because of this.

yes it's weird, but it's really important to me. :p

Japanese games on PS4 are all O - Confirm and X - Cancel regardless of your console region so if you want it to stay that way then don't remap anything.

i guess my next question is, how are save/load operations typically handled? the same way as most ps3 games using the system OS?

Top Bottom