• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: August 2016 Games

Bracket

Bound has cool effects, but it just looks bland to me both gameplay and art style. Granted I've only seen the trailer in the OP. I'd like to hear others' opinions.

JP

I forgot that Deus Ex was out this month, a very busy month for games.

Pre-ordered and paid for:
  • Abzû
  • Bound
  • No Man's Sky
  • Grow Up
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Really like the look of these, may be tempted. It's not that I need any more games but I have been following both of them and I would like to support the developer and I've already paid for the pre-ordered stuff:
  • Alone With You
  • Read Only Memories
Interested in these but I'm really in no hurry to play them:
  • Assetto Corsa
  • Resident Evil 4 HD

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Abzû
Alone With You
Bound
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
No Man's Sky

And then later on:
Grow Up
Read Only Memories

August is simply insane.

Guess I'll upgrade my pc this month.

No games = more $$$ for the 1070 gtx

And for September I'll have only Final Fantasy XV I guess. Don't recall any good games coming September (except Bioshock but already played 1 and Infinite)

Definitely buying No Man's Sky.

I might get Verdun, releasing 8/30 on PS4 and Xbox One and missing from the OP, but having fun with it seems dependent on having a robust online community. That looks unlikely due to the lack of hype.

hydruxo

Hopefully the PS4/Vita ports for Darkest Dungeon end up coming out this month like the devs said too. Been looking forward to that game for a while.

Unsure about getting Telltale Batman because Michone was on sale so shortly after getting released and it pissed me off.

Resident Evil 4 though.

Ulme

promo_ps4_us_codes.png

Hey everyone! As you probably know, Cannon Brawl launches today on PS4 (US), tomorrow on PS4 (EU) and on Friday on Xbox One. It is a game by Turtle Sandbox, ported and published by BlitWorks; that mixes real time strategy and artillery gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaOXCP1wlLg

As a way of saying thank you for the support we received on NeoGAF with this and the other games we ported we want to give you some codes so that you can play it for free and try out the online multiplayer, one of the more fun and addictive modes of the game.

We guarantee you’ll love playing it online with your friends!

The next codes are for PS4 US, quote to reveal. We’ll be waiting for your comments about the game! We’ll give out some PS4 (EU) codes tomorrow and some for Xbox One on Friday!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No Man's Sky & Abzû for sure.

I need to get on that RE4 joint soon. Till this day, gaming for over 30 years, loved the first 2, 3 and CV were 'ok'... have not played RE4 (did not purchase a Gamecube) on up.

I suppose I should get on that, shouldn't I?

Going to add Bound to the list now after seeing more of it. Looks remarkable. PSVR Compatibility tipped the scales.

Top Bottom