• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see this one, I say wow! bizzkit!

fwj9UfY.jpg

They were reporting about our twitter campaign before we started it?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Quick reminder for those just joining:

Im fairly sure we don't want to be spamming the same few people over and over again. Widen the net to include 3rd parties and yes, some of the Microsoft executive team. Keep the #ps4nodrm and #ps4usedgames hashtags in all cases, add the Xbox hashtags if appropriate (to let them know this is a universal message, if tweeting the Microsoft folks).

Thoughts on this?

Yeah, sure. I got the impression that its the way this currently is running towards anyway. They started off by tweeting the Sony folks, then moved on to gaming journalists and now other news outlets.

Shahed

Im fairly sure we don't want to be spamming the same few people over and over again. Widen the net to include 3rd parties and yes, some of the Microsoft executive team. Keep the #ps4nodrm and #ps4usedgames hashtags in all cases, add the Xbox hashtags if appropriate (to let them know this is a universal message, if tweeting the Microsoft folks).

Thoughts on this?

Yep. We need to reach out to both Microsoft and Sony. We also don't want to spam and annoy people (as seen from the BBC Tech tweet earlier),

Get our voices heard. Show our stance. But don't antagonize people needlessly. Especially those who don't actually work in the games industry

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Thoughts on this?

Yes.

Tweet volume is slowing, I think we had a really active 48 hours that will be the peak of things, barring any major new publicity or whatever. As things slow it might be an idea to scatter out to a more diverse range of contacts rather than the usual suspects. If more people at these companies get a tweet about this, and raise it with colleagues who also got a tweet, it creates discussion, vs just a handful of people being on the receiving end of a tonne of tweets. I'll be updating my tweet links this afternoon along those lines.

Thoughts on this?

Sounds good to me.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Thoughts on this?
Agree!
Spamming is bad. The same people being spammed would probably not be appreciative of it over time.
Sending messages to 3rd parties is good. But I think that our priority is to keep the hash tags intact though. Thoughts?

Thoughts on this?

Okey dokey.

PaulLFC

Update from one of the writers at NowGamer, when I asked him if he could do an article about the campaign:

@Paul_LFC I'll do something on it soon.

Looks like more coverage is on the way :)

Gold Member

Thoughts on this?
Yes I think widening the net could be beneficial, the more discussion we create within these companies the better. I'm off to find some more twitter addresses of influential people within these companies, if I find any l'll report back here.

Danlord

I like #2 better. #3 actually looks similarly like something Eurogamer would have, with the White/Blue colour scheme ;)

redcrayon

Good icon!

The second one is strongest as an icon, the white with blue outline is the weakest.

The grey border one the first and blue on the last is needless complication and won't be visable on social media etc anyway- it's the silhouette of the controller that is the recognisable point, keep it simple is my advice.

You could always provide a whiteout variant (black/blue arrow on a plain white silhouette) for use on dark coloured backgrounds if people need it.

codhand

Is this guy a tool or what?

i tweeted, his troll bait was too tasty

"if console is expensive you should not have it durr, you should save you dishwasher money instead"

havent these jackasses heard of a rich uncle who buys nephews things? or in 10 years when xbone is a distant memory, but the drm is shit eternally?

Sorral

We are no longer tweeting Yoshida and the main crew anymore right? Sounds like they got enough.

Since we should have that avatar thing going a while ago already, here is the banner that people can just put above the avatar:
IFbP7SF.png

Thanks! Just did my own on lolGIMP.

The reactions to the Yahoo article are rather great:

RobbieH

Basically grabbing every new link I see. I'll update the list in a few hours. There's a substantial amount of new articles...

LeBoef

why shouldnt they? they can get a lot of reputation for free right now... at the end they still can blame someone else that they ve been forced into that drm stuff...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
why shouldnt they? they can get a lot of reputation for free right now... at the end they still can blame someone else that they ve been forced into that drm stuff...

If they still end up doing it, they'll get a lot of shit as well. Its a double-edged sword.

I actually second this.

7) How renting how affected your gamer "life".

6) Fondest childhood memory with borrowing.

5) A franchise or game you only love because of used games.

4) The last time you played a real old school game (SNES etc.) and what game.

3) How you supported a franchise you wouldn't have without USED/Rentals.

2) The best "bargain" you ever got and the run off of that.

1) What will gaming look like in ten years without these.

Tried to keep them all positive focused to keep the optimistic nature of the campaign. Feel free to suggest or change the countdown themes hard to come up with them on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom