• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
3C9Dnwp.png

I understand it completely

do-you-concur-meme-generator-do-you-concur-i-concur-b341a0.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That avatar banner thing got popular, lol. Thanks for keeping up the work Ionic, I was too busy with work to continue doing that :p

Eliciel

I did my part once again today. Everyone still in? Keep pushing that campaign to the limits. We need to get to Sayajin level

FlyFaster

hell, ya. I wake up this morning to see that Shuhei Yoshida said something. This is great, and his response was funny.

keep it up guys.

-Cwalat-

MARK CERNY'S STANCE ON DRM AS OF NOVEMBER 2012

Basically says the PS3 system is perfectly fine.

Thanks to Moxx19 for reminding me about the Game Changers vid. I watched it back when this DRM/Used games thing didn't even seem like a possibility so I didn't pay much attention to that part at the time.

Thought that it should be stated again for more people to see.

Anyways guys, even if it does seem like it won't be implemented on the PS4 (with the replies from the execs, the trolling etc). We still need to continue with this until an official announcement. This campaign isn't just for Sony.

Had to watch the whole thing. What an inspirational person Mark Cerny is. I don't think many understand the impact of his actions during Universal Worldwide Studios and help bringing companies like Naughtydog and Insomniac to the console business. I mean, you could say that if it wasn't for his input, we wouldn't see games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Those are some of the defining PS1 titles and brought millions of consumers to the industry. 3D gaming got a whole new meaning with those titles.

Really thought no one would top David Cage as my favorite developer in this industry but god damnit Mark Cerny is a living legend. Even what David Cage has proven with Heavy Rain can't touch on the greatness of Mark Cerny.

It's awe inspiring that Mark Cerny, a legendary developer, is the lead architect of PS4 whilst in the process of creating his own game! DAYUM!

Kane1345

Had to watch the whole thing. What an inspirational person Mark Cerny is. I don't think many understand the impact of his actions during Universal Worldwide Studios and help bringing companies like Naughtydog and Insomniac to the console business. I mean, you could say that if it wasn't for his input, we wouldn't see games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Those are some of the defining PS1 titles and brought millions of consumers to the industry. 3D gaming got a whole new meaning with those titles.

Really thought no one would top David Cage as my favorite developer in this industry but god damnit Mark Cerny is a living legend. Even what David Cage has proven with Heavy Rain can't touch on the greatness of Mark Cerny.

It's awe inspiring that Mark Cerny, a legendary developer, is the lead architect of PS4 whilst in the process of creating his own game! DAYUM!

any excuse to post this:

iyBo7wsqPI6Zm.gif

Agreed.

I am not sweating it slowing down. It had to at some point. If we can keep a slow simmer, maybe give the sony guys' accounts a few days of rest and then make one last push in the middle of next week just as a reminder that we're still here and we still know what we want that would be good.

I mean it going totally strong now to E3 would be amazing... but unreasonable. These things have a shelf life so instead of burnout I would say... rest. And we'll kick it up a few notches later.

Though that also depends on media coverage. IF someone huge picks it up later and it starts going really strong again, we will of course nurture that however we can.

Totally agree.

Any news regarding talking to the press ?!, it can be a good push for the campaign.

-Cwalat-

any excuse to post this:

iyBo7wsqPI6Zm.gif

Even that gif can't begin to describe his importance to the industry.

But i concur nonetheless! He is amazing and i'm really glad that the console i'm about to buy this holiday season was the making of that genius, also... i'm buying Knack day one.

Ardenyal

Didn't he also have some input into the first hour of God of War 3? The first hour of GoW3 was phenomenal!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Even that gif can't begin to describe his importance to the industry.

But i concur nonetheless! He is amazing and i'm really glad that the console i'm about to buy this holiday season was the making of that genius, also... i'm buying Knack day one.

I want to see more of that game before saying "day 1"

So what sounds reasonable to people?

I think this works
1. Digital purchases - handled like steam or iTunes, where you can install on multiple ps4s if you are signed in. Can deactivate old systems in the extreme if need be. Only one system can be logged in at a time.

2. Disc based games - disc in drive, game installs during first play for performance, just needs disc to authenticate. This is a small trade-off to avoid the alternative which would be the MS system where you don't need the disc but it requires online handshakes and check ins and blah. If you are signed in, you can attach the disc game to your profile, assuming it hasn't been licensed to someone else. In a rental/borrowed from a friend situations, you'd get the performance of the install but you'd need the disc in the drive. For second-hand sales, maybe Sony could set up a website to check if a disc is tied to an account or something. That wouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Thoughts?

ascii42

Hell, without Cerny, Sonic 2 might not have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom