• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 All black looks so sleek(pictures )

Which ps5 color is nicer for you ?

• White and black

Votes: 61 31.1%
  • All Black

Votes: 135 68.9%

• Total voters
There are going to be some popular colour choices with the limited edition Batman and Star Wars consoles.

Do not think I can wait for Spider-Man 2 PS4 limited edition console in holiday 2023.

Kokoloko85

I think both consoles look cool and the variations are gonna look awesome.

Xbox gives me gamecube vibes
Playstation gives me futuristic vibes. I want one in all black though, for sure

I think the black would be a great option to drop a few months after launch to help boost sales. But I really do like that they went with a two tone design, it’s gonna lead to some really cool designs later in the generation.

shaddam

If there is no black console I have to buy some stickers from aliexpress like 3 bucks. Hopefully they will make skins without cannabis and monster emblems

BlvckFox

Gold Member
It’s strange, I wasn’t a fan of the design when it was revealed, it’s been slowly growing on me but figured I’d only buy an all black.
Now that I see it, The design of the two tone is so quirky and left field, I might just buy that color way.

Last edited:

Skeletron

The digital version looks sleek as hell either way because it's designed to be perfectly symmetrical. It's the cancerous growth of a disk drive that seems plastered on as an afterthought that fucks up the design. So you can buy the PS5 digital edition, or tumor edition.

The message Sony is trying to convey without outright saying anything is pretty blatant.

It also crushes any lingering hopes I may have had for PS1/2/3 compatability.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

I just found these artists rendition of ps5 all black .what do you guys think :

WfFo0tT.png

8Huq7jR.png

White and black is more futuristic but this is sleek as hell.

What do you guys think ??
They HAVE to release a version like that, or I’ll be pissed! Looks 100 times better!

mortal

Gold Member
I personally like the curved design as a whole and the two toned color. So that all black version looks pretty sexy too. All white would look great as well.

We all know that there will inevitably be different color options and special editions other than two toned, just might be a couple years after launch before we have those option.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Looks nice in one solid color, but I’m more worried on the size of the console itself.
I don’t think it will fit in my entertainment center and I ain’t getting a new one for the massive PS5.

It's a fundamentally good design, so of course all black also looks good, but for my personal taste I prefer the black and white version.

Of course if they did one that swapped the black parts for white and the white parts for purple I'd be even happier.

pr0cs

All black certainly won't look out of place in a home theatre rack. Unlike the white black abomination that releases at launch

-MD-

i ain't policing shit i'm just telling you to stop using a joke that has been told a million fucking times the last few days. do you really think you were the first to make the "hurhh ps5 is just a router lool" joke?

It's not a joke, it looks exactly like a router.

Why are you so upset?

ethomaz

Banned
It is beautiful.

Seems like the design was made thinking in others colors.

Let’s see how these others colors will be available outside Japan lol

Reactions: TLZ

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
only a mother would love this

not like that honey show your other side
yeah that's better

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Black and white consoles are what you expect, you have to consider greys, blues red etc. in recent years we've had limited edition consoles.

wipeout364

I really don’t think I like the overhanging plastic. It looks odd and makes the console look weak structurally, like it’s fragile. In the end it doesn’t matter I don’t spend much time looking at my console, but I actually Think I liked the PS3 and 360 designs better.

RCU005

Everyone needs to calm down with the color scheme. There will be many colors available with special editions! Although it’s likely the two-toned aspect will never go away, so you’ll never find an all-black, all-something edition.

I wonder if each version will have their own special editions or if one special edition will be available for both SKUs.

Ive wished for all white PS for a very long time. Since almost always Im an early adopter, I was stuck with Black. A year later the White version would come out but I couldnt be hassled to sell/buy again. Now I got my wish and its good to have a lighter colored console again. Just looks so clean and futuristic.

P.S. the horizontal picture, thats a totally different design. The Edges go outwards from the PS5, not inwards like a roof.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I really like the controller but the console itself I wasnt as big on. It doesnt look bad, I guess maybe teh curved lines threw me a bit.

Im sure Ill get used to it but hopefully horizontal mode is no issue.

GHG

I'd buy that the instant Demons Souls comes out.

No idea why they've gone with this white and black nonsense as their primary colour scheme.

LordOfChaos

I actually like now bold the normal model is the more I've slept on it, but the black would definitely blend in better with an entertainment center. Not an issue for me but I keep hearing of this "spouse approval" issue.

• LOL
The black does look good. Just a side note for people, comparing the look of something to another inanimate object doesn't mean it looks bad.

Yes, it looks like a router. Do I like the way that router looks? Hell yea. The same way I like the way the Series X looks and that thing looks like a Linkysys Velop home mesh wifi stand. Series X had to have it's time being trolled and meme'd, now it's Playstation 5's turn.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Top Bottom