• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Beta Update Introduces Discord Chat,1440p VRR & Wireless Controller Updates

graywolf323

It's crazy what people will do for the codes lol

Train Reality GIF

JaksGhost

Quoting isn't working but Mr Moose Mr Moose its basically you don't have to reinstall games from going between a 'digital licensed game' to a 'disc licensed game' ?

I incorrectly read the 'Being able to play digital versions of the disc version of the games you own' as you not needing the disc in the drive.
I took a picture because I was confused with the wording.
GOuEgii.jpg

Last edited:

Top Gura

Neo Member
Has anyone got a UK code? I usually get one from sony but on this occasion I didn't get an invite....

Thanks in advance

//DEVIL//

8C7K-EPNB-KL24

US Codes
omg I love you !!!!.

thanks worked.

Confirmed and tested the VRR @ 2k. works like a charm. However, you cant choose 2k resolution and then enable VRR, it will give you the same error as if the software update is not installed. you have to click Test 2k First, it will automatically detect and see if it can do VRR at 2k. once that is done, you will be able to choose 2k VRR any time ( without errors )

Last edited:

Aaron Olive

The beta has been updated to 2.1 today, Sony seems to be testing Updates without restart. I'm guessing this is a test for updates that don't affect the bios and only OS.

No patch notes!

Last edited:

BreakOut

I’m so happy the flickering stopped. I’ve been playing Spider-Man and Horizon without issue. That flickering shit was worse than being at a rave with epilepsy. If the update did nothing else I’d have still considered it the best one.

Edit: The beta firmware I bring up is from the last beta.

Last edited:
Top Bottom