• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Die Shot has been revealed

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Wait, so who wins? :messenger_winking_tongue:
Dj Khaled Ox GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Because clowns like this M MonarchJT spread that crap in multiple threads including this long after it was proven it was rdna2 a year ago.
I've seen an individual claim it was GCN. Pretty crazy what some people will say.
All it does is make the XSX look even worse in face-offs if this were indeed the case.

A 10.2TF rDnAoNe11!!1 gCn part trading blows with the tRuE rDnAtOo 12TF. You can't make these mental gymnastics up. Reminds me of last 2 weeks of them throwing Recore under the bus to try and diss Returnal.
making love GIF

Last edited:

RockOn

MS added integer 8/4 support for the Xbox. Sony would of had to also add it. We know MS waited for full RDNA 2 and they added HW for Int8/4 and SFS streaming. MS uses the Azure chips because a majority of their AI work with Nvidia was in Azure. The cross platform benefits are also not shared by Sony. MS and Sony have their own AI Azure deal that will be about Sony and it’s online service. Helping tie in their special features like game help etc with its next gen online services.
More nonsense.

rnlval

The same enhanced CU that AMD have in ever RDNA 2 GPU/APU(including PS5)
Prove it for PS5. Sony engineers have remained silent on it after I directly ask the specific hardware question. Asking for ML on PS5 is the wrong question to ask

rnlval

I've seen an individual claim it was GCN. Pretty crazy what some people will say.
FYI, NAVI/RDNA can natively execute GCN wave64 instructions with lower pipeline latency when compared to Vega GCN.

NAVI/RDNA offers wave32 and wave64 (GCN) instruction sets. Compatability with GCN's wave64 instruction set is important for PS5's PS4 BC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom