• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Firmware Update 21.01-03.20.00.04 Out Now

SpokkX

So VRR? Btw anyone notice the careful wording about VRR for ps5… it will be enabled inte future for.. wait for it

”games that support it”

basically it sounds like, even when ps5 actually supports VRR, it will need to be supported by INDIVIDUAL games??

this sure sounds like sony i guess

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
45f.jpg

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Wonder if it fixes the glitchy rest mode

Well, my rest mode problems are finally fixed. The restart PS5 option now restarts the PS5 instead of turning it off. And I can finally resume Assassin's Creed: Valhalla from rest mode without getting a "please insert game disc" message.

The new ui is such a downgrade from the ps4, icons are too small, dont like the quick menu, we need better organizing tools for our game, store is nice and fast, but its shit in terms of finding games, where is top selling, top rated etc, and why are ps4 games separated lol, its all over the place.

arvfab

Banned
Sony allow me to check for game updates to games that are not on the first page of the xmb. Why is the option missing on the my installs page?!!!

This.

BUT...yesterday I went on the icon of a game in the installed list, pressed X as if I wanted to start it (just to the view of the game where you can push the button to start it) and an update for that game started to download. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, will have to try the next time I know for sure there is an update for a game I've not played for a while.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I hate the controller updates. I have having to plug in my controller. Last time I think I went a month before I broke down and got up to plug it in.
Yes it's a hassle. Just do a wireless battery check to make sure that it won't run out of juice during the update.

Zeeed

-This system software update improves system performance.
-We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
-We’ve fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
-We’ve fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
-We’ve made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.

b0uncyfr0

So VRR? Btw anyone notice the careful wording about VRR for ps5… it will be enabled inte future for.. wait for it

”games that support it”

basically it sounds like, even when ps5 actually supports VRR, it will need to be supported by INDIVIDUAL games??

this sure sounds like sony i guess
They're making my future console choice much easier. That's some BS.

Exoil

Amazing, never had an issue with Rest mode since day 0. External USB’s. 2 consoles.
My son haven't had a single problem with rest mode on his Disc version since November but if I even hover over Rest Mode on my Digital it bugs out and I have to hard reboot it. (A slight exaggeration, I have to select it)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

PS5 System Update:

- Support for internal NVMe SSD

- Add folders

- Add dynamic theme function

- Add VRR support

- Add 1440p support

- Add BC for PS1, PS2, and PS3.

Scared Wake Up GIF by ABC Network

Its just a dream.....​

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I hate the controller updates. I have having to plug in my controller. Last time I think I went a month before I broke down and got up to plug it in.

LOL!!!! I felt the same way too until I realized that I was being a whiny baby and got up and walked 4 extra feet to plug the controller in. It takes about 60 seconds. It's a non-issue. But the 1st controller update sat on my PS5 for about a month too.

Kuranghi

I just want folders and selectable bit-depth for HDR, with 8-bit+dithering as an option, so I can get 4K@60 + HDR w/ Full RGB/444 but seeing as Xbox don't even do after having really good output options for years now, I don't think dithering, in that regard, is likely to ever come to consoles.

I do want 1440p support so I could do 1440p@120hz through HDMI 2.0 but I think there are HDMI signalling issues with 1440p@120hz + 10-bit that make it difficult to implement so I'm not holding out hope for that.

MikeM

I'd love to see a future update which allows PS4 games in my library to be separated by PS4 or PS4 Pro versions.

Top Bottom