• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 now has over 100+ games at 120Hz/120FPS!

Raonak

Banned
As someone with a 120fps compatible TV, I never really use 120fps mode because there's usually huge visual downgrades to accommodate the 2x/4x increase in framerate.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's stutter or framepacing issues. That's not the ability to discern the difference between 100 and 120fps.
I can assure you that I can notice the difference between 120 and 90. Blessed those who can't honestly, it's by no way unplayable of course, but I feel it.

Pimpbaa

I like when games have performance modes with unlocked framerates, but I never touch modes that actually push for 120fps. Way to big of a visual hit usually.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I can believe someone who notices dips between 60 and 120, or even 60 and 90 but not 90 and 120. No way
I find it difficult to tell the difference between 90 and 120 just by looking at them. However, although small I think a sudden drop from 120 to 90 could be perceptible because it's an interruption of the smoothness you're used to. Obviously it depends on context and I'm not saying it's anything more than a minuscule blip when you go from 8.3ms frame time to 11.1ms, I'm just saying I don't think it breaks the laws of the universe to claim you notice it.

Personally, I think a game could jump back and forth from 90-120fps all day and if I had VRR I wouldn't care in the slightest.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If there's a 120hz option I always choose it. Bump up the sensitivity and turn down the stick-deadzone.

Great graphics are nice to have. Tight gameplay is essential.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I can assure you that I can notice the difference between 120 and 90. Blessed those who can't honestly, it's by no way unplayable of course, but I feel it.
dr jon GIF

MikeM

Love it. Any game that has a uncapped 60+ mode or 120 fps mode gets that mode activated. Gimme them frames!

R6Rider

Gold Member
If there's a 120hz option I always choose it. Bump up the sensitivity and turn down the stick-deadzone.

Great graphics are nice to have. Tight gameplay is essential.
You change your sensitivity AND your deadlines based on the hz you are playing at?

That's crazy, but I respect it.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
You change your sensitivity AND your deadlines based on the hz you are playing at?

That's crazy, but I respect it.
Absolutely. If I'd have to play a 30fps game I would turn sens down to 1 or 2 out of 10. 60fps sens 5-7. 120fps sens 7-10.
That's the great thing about framerate and controls, they're tightly connected.

Top Bottom