• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: P.T. 1.01 patch may stop demo from working [Confirmed Hoax]

Helios

No offense, but seems like an example of hoarding behavior.
Game preservation. Why let a game fade from existance when the only reason people can't play it is that Konami is a piece of shit and Sony allows them. The only reason it's not a bigger issue for me is the fact that the game was free.

Nny7229

Let's do a poll to see how many people still have this sitting on their PS4 hard drive. I bet there's not more than 10 who don't use external hard drives. No offense, but seems like an example of hoarding behavior.
"No offense" doesn't make your statement any less offensive.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
At least I'll have some free space again...Thanks Sony and Konami.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Game preservation. Why let a game fade from existance when the only reason people can't play it is that Konami is a piece of shit and Sony allows them. The only reason it's not a bigger issue for me is the fact that the game was free.
"No offense" doesn't make your statement any less offensive.
I just don't how it's that big of a deal. The people who want to play this brief demo have probably already played it many times over.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
*Turns on PS4 when he gets home, turns off auto-updates (just like I do with firmware)*

Thanks for wrenching with convenience Konami.

Thank goodness Sony does not auto-update beyond the 20(?) most recent played games and/or last time played(?).

Was able to turn this off when I got home and still sitting at never been updated 1.00.

Last edited:
I had This demo on my base ps4 but then i had to change the hard drive to My ps4 pro, during the process i completely forgot about P. T. DEMO so its gone i do hope that ps4 emulation will be able to run the demo again, but No matter what This sucks for the people that has taken extreme care for This piece of gaming history. Preservation is important.,

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is why we can't have nice things.

I still have mine from launch. We can't help that everything went to hell with Konami and Kojima. The least they could do is leave this alone.

This is all so stupid. They have awful damage control at Konami. Awful.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

I just don't how it's that big of a deal. The people who want to play this brief demo have probably already played it many times over.
Played Pac Man a billion times too. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to boot it up from time to time. Granted Pac Man is a real game, but P.T. is a great yearly halloween “fun house” type experience.

Edit: Mine is still working because I didn’t download the patch.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

This is why I still prefer disc game over digital.

with a disc solution you wouldn't have PT to start with.

Besides that this is a console issue more then digital. On PC even digital games can easily be recovered and tuned to whatever you want, sony locking everything out is the issue.

So not a digital issue.

I'm not clicking any of those links because I value my purity.

GamingBrit one is a nice take on why he doesn't feel like we lost much with Silent Hills. I don't agree with him, but I don't know, it didn't piss me off. He's way too conservative with gaming franchises though.

Is there any proof this is real? You are all getting way too worked up

Layman Gaming just picked up the story. I would hope they researched the situation. It does seem almost too messed up to be true, though.

[edit] Well, the video is pulled now, so I'm guess they realized they made a mistake assuming this was true without verifying it.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
Ha! I haven't turned the PS4 on in many months, and I don't plan to do it any time soon. I have PT installed, and it'll remain there.

It's odd how many people around here are so bent in the ass about what others do with software they like and own.

As far as the topic goes, that's pretty extreme, to the point where you have to ask why they would even do something like that.

Zewp

This is just another reason why the "digital only" crowd is a joke to me. This is what you end up with.

Yeah, in future we should all get our demos for canceled games on disc. I'm so tired of my full digital games getting bricked like this free teaser demo for a full game. /s

Last edited:

wolgoen

So it was fake news after all.

There are some really troubled, sad people out there with nothing better to do. Sigh.

Well, at least it was fake. I can go back online now!

OR...is the fake news update fake too!?! Konami are nuking your PT demos, don’t go back online!!!

“Its a trap”!
- Admiral Ackbar

Last edited:

nkarafo

I’m getting tired of this ‘auto updating everything and breaking my games’ approach lately, same as Steam. Sometimes I consider creating a separate account on Steam or PSN for each game I buy. I want to be in control of my purchased game thankyou.
The whole point of online, digital stores, etc is for the publishers to be in control, not the user. Why do you think they push this future? For your convenience? So you won't have to get off the couch and drive a few miles to go to the store?

Everything is for their own benefit, not the user's.

Inuteu

Still to this day, I use PT to scare the girls I bring home

works like a charm

anyone else does it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This isn't April.
B7rtMsNCQAEcJrN.png

jufonuk

not tag worthy
This is just another reason why the "digital only" crowd is a joke to me. This is what you end up with.
The more i see stuff like this the more I want to just keep my games physical or just keep with older systems.

If the whole games as a streaming service thing really takes off. The whole model of purchasing games will change. You won’t own the game as such just paying to rent it.

When they decide to stop streaming it you no longer have that game.

I cannot believe they are bricking a demo?

Silent Duck

I admit they got me for about five minutes when I read it. Then it hit me, Konami barely updates their real games, why would they waste resources on a demo of a cancelled game? Well now the joke’s over, but it was funny while it lasted.
P.T. scared us again... only differently this time.

Pejo

I'm 100% for game preservation, but it always makes me laugh when PT hits the news again. I mean it was a cool concept, but the cult following it has is really really hard for me to understand.

thelastword

Banned
What's this drama about? I booted my PS4 earlier this morning and I saw no patch for P.T....I'ts still at 1.00...In any case, why would you patch a game that has been taken off the storefront and killed??? Devs can't pro patch so many games I need PRO patched and they have time to update P.T..?

dano1

A Sheep
Played my FREE DEMO a couple times. Changed hard drives and it’s gone. And I don’t care. It was a cool this is what we can do in a FULL game and I would have definitely bought it! But that’s life sometimes. You don’t always get what you want. And all you digital haters why don’t you just put your disc of PT in?🙄.

manfestival

I am really disappointed that this is a hoax. Was really hoping that this was real and the world could move on from PT.

Boss Mog

It's an extremely shitty move to not only disable PT but to do it in such an underhanded manner. Par for the course for Konami though.

That being said people need to move on from PT, I think the cult following this demo has received is a bit over the top at this point.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's an extremely shitty move to not only disable PT but to do it in such an underhanded manner. Par for the course for Konami though.

That being said people need to move on from PT, I think the cult following this demo has received is a bit over the top at this point.

It was a hoax apparently.

How big is the file? I may just do this with a basic old thumb drive I have laying around.

I just checked that thumb drive (pretty sure this is the correct one), and the file size for the backup/export is 6.36GB. This should be only P.T. and whatever version of the OS was current as of 5/17/2016 which is when I made the backup.

I just checked that thumb drive (pretty sure this is the correct one), and the file size for the backup/export is 6.36GB. This should be only P.T. and whatever version of the OS was current as of 5/17/2016 which is when I made the backup.
Thanks I must get that sorted for Justin Casey’s

Top Bottom