• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN accounts now linkable to Playstation.com

Sweet thanks for the heads up. I only wish I signed up for PS.com as a kid when I got PS1. Says I'm a member since Mar 07 :( Instead of Mar 97.

Super_Chicken.jpg

Pretty cool, but.. what's the point of linking everything up if it asks me to log into PSN whenever I want to specifically update my pic, or to view my friends list? :\

Winterblink.jpg

Justin Dailey said:
Finally!

AKidNamedJustin.jpg

Note to BobTheFork: I honestly didn't steal your "Boosh" line! My friends and I have been using that ever since that video got released and I've wanted that in my profile straight away.
lol

Loxley

Hey guys, I have a random question with regards to PSN overall, since I couldn't find a PS3 exclusive thread, figured I may as well ask here since this thread is as on-topic as I could find with my nekkid eyes.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a PSN account, but I'm having a problem when I reach the stage where I need to choose a PSN ID, or my "gamertag". After every single thing I enter, I get the error "The online ID you entered cannot be used. Please choose another online ID."

I've been at this for nearly 20 minutes trying to find a damn ID that works, but even when I started typing in random shit like djhgfjhdsbxx I would get the same error. I refuse to believe someone is using that tag -_-

I read the naming guidelines very carefully and every time I make sure it starts with a letter and is in between 3-13 characters in length, and doesn't match my sign-in ID or password, but I keep getting nowhere. Any idea what the hell I might be doing wrong?

Andvary

BulletSmoke said:
here's mine :)

my about me is not showing up though

http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/BulletSmoke.jpg[ /IMG] [/QUOTE]

If you added your "About me" recently you have to update the PID at the website.

Dante

Jenovah.jpg

Booyah!

Oh if you game a lot on PS3, and haven't added me yet please do so! Got a bunch of free slots since they added more.

Owensboro

Owens-boro.jpg

Killer, I need to change that message though. Already know what it's getting changed to as well.

I still can't believe someone reserved the name "Owensboro" before I did though. That angers me sooooooo much.

Shins

Banned
Renwood.jpg

Nifty. Now let me view my trophies, friends list, and friends' trophies, and we're gold.

And add some new avatars too.

EktorPR said:
That's when the "Update Portable ID" button comes to action.

Sure, but why do I have to bother? Why can't they run a script every few hours that applies any changes made? I doubt that would tax their servers too much.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
devildog820 said:
Sure, but why do I have to bother? Why can't they run a script every few hours that applies any changes made? I doubt that would tax their servers too much.
Agreed 100%. I wouldn't go so far as calling it a "fail", but it definitely needs to be tweaked.

bishoptl.jpg

Top Bottom