• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

If you've ever wondered why this film flopped in the UK...

Stop-Or-My-Mom-Will-Shoot-1992-In-Hindi.jpg

...well now you know.

Magwik

Banned
Really? getting worked up over a 6.5? People have different opinions on games, and it has no relation to this topic. Get over it.

kick51

Banned
Fuck this 'mom' shit in the UK.

It is 'mum' and always will be 'mum' here.

Anyone from the UK who says otherwise is talking fuckin' shite.

I'm from Glasgow and if you called your mum 'mom', you'd get a kick in the baws.

Oh, and 'maw' is allowed.

come to the states and say that to my face m8 i'll send ye back to ye olde towne hamlet filled with holes swear on me mum right now 1v1 me

Gazkapop

I'm from Glasgow and if you called your mum 'mom', you'd get a kick in the baws.

As someone who is also from Glasgow, thanks for saving me the effort of having to write this exact post.

DDDJDAN

Why isn't the news talking about this. It's a good story.

It's developing and there isn't anyone to point the finger at yet for sure. There are also other major things going on overshadowing this. Major news outlets usually skim over "game related" news, even when they attacks are severe.

sora87

Bomb threats is some serious shit, what are the chances the FBI wont find these guys?
That dude on Twitter seems to be very confident.

Yes they do seem overly confident for such a high profile crime, I really hope they don't manage to get away with this.

Most people. Mother->Mom, not Mum. It's also Mommy, not Mummy. A mummy is a dead Egyptian.

No, pretty much everyone says Mum. In fact if you wrote it like Mom, people would think either you are doing it on purpose (like wot) or don;t know how to spell a simple 3 letter word.

Actually looking it up.....what a surprise, it seems to be an American thing loooool

Yup

It's developing and there isn't anyone to point the finger at yet for sure. There are also other major things going on overshadowing this. Major news outlets usually skim over "game related" news, even when they attacks are severe.
They love a good plane security story, though.

Really? getting worked up over a 6.5? People have different opinions on games, and it has no relation to this topic. Get over it.
I don't think it's the score, it's just odd to give a low score than suddenly be estatic for the DLC for a game you did not like.

"Titanfall is a turd, but I can't wait for the DLC pack!"

wait.....6.5? off topic but....holy hell ....i know that game is decent...it's a very beautiful game....story was meh....but a 6.5 for that game is wayyyy to harsh
that's like RIDE TO HELL ,POSTAL 3 level of rating o_O

This is why game ratings are worthless. A 5/10 is considered the worst game ever made. Wtf would a 1/10 game look like?

More and more reports are coming in that Xbox Live is being flooded as well.

Only a matter of time before everything stops functioning. It might work for some now, but will probably screw them in the end.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
According to Lizard Squads most recent tweet "they" are attempting to take down XBL. As of 6:32PM 8/24/14 they seem unsuccessful.

Has anyone pointed out that "FamedGod" is the culprit behind these attacks?

Here's the link to that article http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/0...t-be-the-ones-responsible-for-psn-ddos-attack

EDIT:

Just happened?

Down detector has just got quite a number of reports in too
http://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live
A few people are posting about having problems on Twitter too, could just be a small attack.

DDDJDAN

They love a good plane security story, though.

I know people in the air travel industry. Not one person I know high up is talking about it yet. Most haven't even been alerted yet. My guess is to not create unnecessary panic. As this story simmers, we might see a quick glimpse of what happened over the weekend on major outlets tomorrow, but don't hold your breath.

John Smedley is behind all of this.

no one would ever suspect an employee of a division of Sony as the culprit. he's been claiming to have no access to wifi and is refusing to speak on the topic other than confirming his plane was diverted.

it's the perfect crime

directed by M. Night Shyamalan

The hacker was in the plane all along :eek:

Bumcleaver

Neo Member
come to the states and say that to my face m8 i'll send ye back to ye olde towne hamlet filled with holes swear on me mum right now 1v1 me

We don't have hamlets over here; maybe fire-breathing haggis-dragons, and er, big fuckin' armour-plated kilts.

So er, there.

DSN2K

Has XBL ever been attacked in any way?, why is it that Sony are the only ones out of the big 3 that are regularly getting attacked?

pretty sure MS have been multiple times over the years but you have to remember they have doing this a lot longer then Sony. Nintendo...well you cant cut a piece of string between two cups from the internet yet so that might explain their security measures.

Top Bottom