• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Someone confirm

kXbb.png
impossible the power of the cloud and azure servers would never allow that.

Phreaker

ISIS, Lizards, kids who are full of shit, mothers, moms, mums, mummers/mommers day, game journalist getting into debate with someone who called him out

You forgot bomb threat on plane with Sony suit, which had to be diverted. Sony Suit tweets how he hates American Airlines and plane is being diverted. Then Lizard tweeted, "LOL @Plane DDOS"

Bumcleaver

Neo Member
Fuck this 'mom' shit in the UK.

It is 'mum' and always will be 'mum' here.

Anyone from the UK who says otherwise is talking fuckin' shite.

I'm from Glasgow and if you called your mum 'mom', you'd get a kick in the baws.

Oh, and 'maw' is allowed.

ViciousDS

Banned
With as much money that microsoft has tied into azure it's going to be really hard to DDoS their servers. They probably have so many checks in place for outside attacks that it's like nothing ever happens.

I'm from Glasgow and if you called your mum 'mom', you'd get a kick in the baws.

"Mam" is also used if you're from Liverpool,

Lokbob

Bomb threats is some serious shit, what are the chances the FBI wont find these guys?
That dude on Twitter seems to be very confident.

Ateron

But it makes sense. Microsoft's paycheck warfare knows no bounds. They gotta use that 90 billion stashed off shore for something.

Not that I believe this, but it really is a bit odd. MS has the obligation of being better prepared for this than Sony, but they shouldn't be invincible. Sony is constantly getting hammered and I never noticed a huge scandal on MS' part. Are their defenses really that much better?

The past gen I could understand, the 360 was super popular and Sony was the bad guy (599, removing linux, etc). This gen MS is the one worthy of hate (even though they are trying their best to clean up their image, I'll give them that). So why are "hackers" still so obcessed with Sony and not with MS? The latter are good, but not invincible: how come we never see them getting hacked? It's odd.

Again, I'm not saying this is a conspiracy on MS part. Just find it very odd that they always seem to waltz through this kinda shit like it's nobody's business.

LegoArmo

Very well said.

True

I love Glasgow. A kick in the balls is a courtesy :)

Acorn

I need a recap. So XBL is going down now?

I need knowledge on what has happened.
Dudes have been ddosing companies for the last few days. Blizzard, Sony etc etc.

Basically anyone and everyone, Sony got them much more attention than the others so they fucked with them all day and are now targeting ms.

Corto

Why would you kick your boss for that?

vmBah95.gif

So, is PSN the only one of the ones listed in the title still down? Seems a little more severe if that is the case. Hard to follow the insanity of this thread.

LAA

At this rate, Nintendo's online service will be going down too.

Oh, wait...

Was thinking the exact same thing earlier ha ha.

And I just imagine this XBL DDOS attack attempt (lol) akin to... A (small) fly buzzing around MS and MS just slaps it away without even acknowledging it ha ha.

EDIT: Oh and to join the Mum debate. From UK also, pretty much everyone I know says Mum ha ha. Thought this was pretty much universally known really... similar to Colour - Color

wait.....6.5? off topic but....holy hell ....i know that game is decent...it's a very beautiful game....story was meh....but a 6.5 for that game is wayyyy to harsh
that's like RIDE TO HELL ,POSTAL 3 level of rating o_O

Fite me in real life m8.

Top Bottom